Cybele, the Virgin Goddess - Official discussion thread

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flighty and self-absorbed, Cybele expects unwavering attention   FULL STORY   

I was planning on using different titles interchangably (Yaga is sometimes the Witch, or the Hag, or the Crone, or the Harridan) because it felt more natural to me if they each had a myriad of titles,

Finally there's a Crowfall deity with a trait that a lot of people here can relate to.  

"She cannot be trusted to keep a promise and will deny it was made once that promise is broken."

Can't trust a virgin.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Finally there's a Crowfall deity with a trait that a lot of people here can relate to.

forever-alone-d75842898.png

Edited by Zybak

Sweet, we get an immature and whimsical god in the Pantheon.  I wonder if we will get some more extreme personalities.  Maybe a neat freak, or an extremely indolent god.

Is this a lore week or did you guys run out of "game" to talk about right now?  Either way, I won.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

The 3 fates are found in nearly every culture in one form or another. 

The Greeks had the youngest fate spinning the thread of life, the Romans had her in charge of pregnancy, Norse mythology has the 3 of them as giantesses that came to protect mankind.  Most of Europe has a fates myth and they revolve around life, death, and destiny.  Usually one is young, one is middle aged and one is old - and each holds the wisdom of their age.

And here we have Cybele - in charge of Spring and new life and all the wonder and beauty those things hold - and yet her personality reads like a too honest Tinder profile. Ebullient, flirtatious, innocent, naive, easily bored, flighty, self absorbed, given to tantrums, breaks promises.  Generous and caring as long as you worship her. 

She's a caricature and one that seems designed to appeal to a 12 year old.  I'm starting to think that the point of the lore is to hit the high points most likely to sell the game to tweens who are finally tired of watching Twilight and counting the sparkles. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Cute... A god that thinks that mortals only value is to whorship her... but cute  ;)

sweet pea-ship her? I mean, I don't mind, but...

Sweet, we get an immature and whimsical god in the Pantheon.  I wonder if we will get some more extreme personalities.  Maybe a neat freak, or an extremely indolent god.

Is this a lore week or did you guys run out of "game" to talk about right now?  Either way, I won.

God with a "Class Rep" personality? He wear's classes, is very serious, and inspires/annoys with his straight-lacedness?