Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Founders' Update: Scaling up - Official discussion thread

Pann

I think that QA stretchgoal is really a good choice as we are approaching a kinda big scale. Nice one

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

"This Founders’ Update is a quick one since you guys know t*hat we’re in the middle of scaling up the number of players we can support in the pre-alpha combat test!"

These typos drive me nuts. Haha

Good update, looking forward to breaking your game more.

OS_Sig3.png

Nice small update. Its interesting to see the almost Intentional manner in which you break your own game; hopefully you didn't kill too many hamsters.

It's not almost intentional, it's completely intentional and deliberate. 

We'd rather break the game early and often in testing because it speeds up development of the actual game we all would like to have. 

When you defer pain in game development, it grows, and that future pain is always more costly.

We have worked to make our test more entertaining for the backers.  But the core of what we are doing is testing to drive development of the game forward.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

"This Founders’ Update is a quick one since you guys know t*hat we’re in the middle of scaling up the number of players we can support in the pre-alpha combat test!"

These typos drive me nuts. Haha

Good update, looking forward to breaking your game more.

This is so bad to quote myself.

But using this as a reference point for the QAL position. :P

OS_Sig3.png

It's not almost intentional, it's completely intentional and deliberate. 

We'd rather break the game early and often in testing because it speeds up development of the actual game we all would like to have. 

When you defer pain in game development, it grows, and that future pain is always more costly.

We have worked to make our test more entertaining for the backers.  But the core of what we are doing is testing to drive development of the game forward.

Some people who I talk to in game development talk a lot about "breaking your game" I knew in the sense of mechanics and game-logic, but it is surprising to see the tech side of things doing the same. Thanks for explaining

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

In the last two weeks we’ve been able to scale the test up from a few dozen players to a few hundred.

FULL STORY

Is that a few hundred in a single arena?

Just curious what the highest number you've had in a single match instance is.

Edited by recatek

That's a meaningful stretch goal. I hope the next one will be similarly about improving the speed and helping development. Further feature creep can wait until the game is in beta or finished, we don't need more content until we don't have what we'be been already promised.

Yes it is.  Thanks for reporting the typo and I wish someone who could fix it saw your post earlier!

Pfft it's fine just take your lumps, we all custard up.

Only ones to hate are those who deny it.

Edited by Zandur

"Hey gang,

This Founders’ Update is a quick one since you guys know what we’re in the middle of scaling up the number of players we can support in the pre-alpha combat test!"

We are a gang now  :3

Behave people

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

are we expecting 100 people in hunger dome per match :o?

if yes then that would be exciting  :D

if not that's alright keep the good work ACE Team :)

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Is that a few hundred in a single arena?

Just curious what the highest number you've had in a single match instance is.

I know I was in one match with 42.  We'll continue to play with those numbers as we test.  The wrapper game is really set up for 48.  We'll do larger numbers in future tests that aren't wrapped in the single-elimination hunger dome game.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook