Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ferociouscorndog

Changing Usernames At Anytime

I wanna start off by saying that once the game releases and if our account Usernames are our Ign's I would want a way to change it, for say I wanted to put my guilds name in my name I want to be able to do that for free at anytime and not have to pay real money to be able to change it. I realize that it is totally an option for them to make it free or pay, but if they made you pay for something so small like that, it would just be ridiculous. 

:ph34r: I also want there to be a filter on Usernames, so that people don't put dirty words or cuss words in their name, if they do decide to change their Username to something like that.

:unsure:  If Usernames are different in the Ign I wonder if it will be like w101 where you create a name out of 3 names and tons of choices or one that is made by you, completely separate from your account username.

Please leave your comments and opinions on this matter down below and add to my statement if you agree.

I just want free to change Usernames instead of being stuck with a not so good one where you cant change it.

I wanna start off by saying that once the game releases and if our account Usernames are our Ign's I would want a way to change it, for say I wanted to put my guilds name in my name I want to be able to do that for free at anytime and not have to pay real money to be able to change it. I realize that it is totally an option for them to make it free or pay, but if they made you pay for something so small like that, it would just be ridiculous. 

:ph34r: I also want there to be a filter on Usernames, so that people don't put dirty words or cuss words in their name, if they do decide to change their Username to something like that.

:unsure:  If Usernames are different in the Ign I wonder if it will be like w101 where you create a name out of 3 names and tons of choices or one that is made by you, completely separate from your account username.

Please leave your comments and opinions on this matter down below and add to my statement if you agree.

I just want free to change Usernames instead of being stuck with a not so good one where you cant change it.

If I had any idea that a forum name would be used in game, I would have spent more time thinking up a name.  I've never played a game where my forum name was the same as the in game name.  So yes, I would like the choice to change it once in game.

I think you should be able to change your username anytime you want. 

Being as how character names are not your username it would affect absolutely nothing. There is only one game I've ever heard of that does this, so you're probably never going to have to worry about this with another game.  

I've played many games that have allowed this, and they've all had one major problem in common. Players would do something heinous or upsetting to the in game community, and then change their username to prevent retribution. It really ruined the fun of the game. In one game, we spent hours trying to track the name changes based on leader boards and character details, but with little success.

Basically, allowing players to change their ign is a surefire way to upset the player reputation system, especially in an open world PvP sandboxy game like Crowfall.

Pm4QhLs.png

I've played many games that have allowed this, and they've all had one major problem in common. Players would do something heinous or upsetting to the in game community, and then change their username to prevent retribution. It really ruined the fun of the game. In one game, we spent hours trying to track the name changes based on leader boards and character details, but with little success.

Basically, allowing players to change their ign is a surefire way to upset the player reputation system, especially in an open world PvP sandboxy game like Crowfall.

But he said username, not character name...he hasn't said anything about changing his character name.

But he said username, not character name...he hasn't said anything about changing his character name.

You're drawing a distinction that the op did not intend. When he says "username" he means the in-game display name. Why else would he want to put his guild name into his name?

Pm4QhLs.png

I don't mind them monetizing name changes in a cash shop.  If it's a sub game, maybe 1 free name change per month.  But not just free and easy name changes whenever.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

your Name is YOU as far as a competitive Game goes...if you offend me, i need to know who you are so i can take my retribution...or if you helped me, to reward you

yes?

so....no, once you hit the "ok" button you've made your Choice, imo....live with the consequences

as pointed outabove...let me change my name whenever i want, and folks like me WILL exploit it ruthlessly until and unless it is changed...

just sayin'...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I don't think your username will be the same as your character name, that's not how it's usually done but maybe Crowfall is different, I don't know yet.

Though honestly I don't want to see name changes at all, if they are implemented I'd like to see a history of your past names so I can see who you are, especially if this is going to be a very political based game.

Besides, In an open world PVP game, reputation is everything. From the moment you log in and choose a name you start that characters legacy. How you interact with other players, good or bad will be a part of everyone else's journey.

I guess if they do decide to share usernames with character names then one free name change would be fair prior to launch as we weren't told beforehand when we signed up. But only prior to launch, everything after that should be set in stone to preserve the history of the game.

There's only room for one Boss. And one Snake...