Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Yaga, the Goddess of Magic - Official discussion thread

Yaga manifests a foundational aspect of the universe itself: Knowledge, All Things Known and Unknown

FULL STORY 

P.S. This is my new all-time favorite concept piece Dave has done. So awesome! 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

She does look cool indeed. It would be great to see her in game some how and have it make sense. It's immediately easy to imagine how you would do it in a persistent pve game but for a much more pvp oriented game like CF, I hope they could still make it work.

Maybe she hangs out in your EK divine cathedral or the rare campaign appearance.

Edited by oberon

I love the references to all different kinds of old mythologies! I'm not sure weather we can fight for the lesser gods, though. Perhaps there could be a system in which you choose a main god and a secondary lesser god, each providing unique bonuses(one combat, one economic, perhaps).

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

"As one of the siblings of the All Father, Yaga manifests a foundational aspect of the universe itself: Knowledge, All Things Known and Unknown. She is the embodiment of how-things-work, the unpinnings of reality."

I think underpinnings is what was meant there.

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

"As one of the siblings of the All Father, Yaga manifests a foundational aspect of the universe itself: Knowledge, All Things Known and Unknown. She is the embodiment of how-things-work, the unpinnings of reality."

/agree

Great concept art and placement in the panthology.  However, I'm left wanting.  Can we get any teasers about her relationship, politically, with the other gods?  Surely she has some dark secrets...

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Normally not a big lore guy but I do find "she cannot see the present, only the past and the future" to be a pretty cool trait.

Love the looks of her and the design, very nicely depicted!

There is also some Link to googleusercontent visible, but unable to be clicked.

Cybele | Gaea | Yaga

Now that we know a bit about all three, can you explain the "Trinity Goddess"?

quote:

There is one cross-section within this hierarchy, however, that we haven’t really talked about much, the Trinity Goddess: Cybele, Gaea and Yaga. These three are connected; one could argue, in fact, that they are merely three aspects of one entity. Which makes the hierarchy a bit more complicated.

Source: https://crowfall.com/#/news/of-gods-and-mortals

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Yeah, the link before the picture is fishy. I managed to extract this link from within it:

file:///C:/Users/valerie/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

Please don't link to your hard drive, Pann, it doesn't work. ;)

Otherwise it leads to this:

https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft#https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

which is a 43 byte "unnamed.gif"

Edited by Torn

Is it strange that I kind of hope that isn't a typo? I have no idea what it would actually mean, but it sounds deliciously foreboding.

Great write up; this is my favorite so far.

"Ok, here's plan A: First, we hit 'em...and we keep hitting 'em 'till we can't hit 'em no more. Then we kick 'em...and we keep on kicking 'em till we can't kick 'em no more. By that time, I figure our arms are rested, so we hit em......"

- Every Dwarf Ever.

I love the references to all different kinds of old mythologies! I'm not sure weather we can fight for the lesser gods, though. Perhaps there could be a system in which you choose a main god and a secondary lesser god, each providing unique bonuses(one combat, one economic, perhaps).

And yes,  you can fight for the lessor gods. In fact, in the pre-alpha you can fight for Cebele, Illara, etc... (at leas this is from what I have seen)