Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Yaga, the Goddess of Magic - Official discussion thread

That way she cant see all the evil poorly made socks we'll have to do in her name. Until after its done :)

But she sees the future... So she's already seen what you've done? Perhaps I'm taking that too literally though :P

Yea pretty sure now it was Yaga and not Gaea who supported the best race in Crowfall.

What are you talking about? I dont understand.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

"Unpinning" vs "underpinning" =  Fixed

In my defense, I need to explain that editing around here isn't so much a process as a negotiation. Punctuation purists must need Valium by the time they get to the end of one of our longer updates. We will bend the rules to suit our artistic needs even if that means defying the laws of grammar, creating new words or abusing the hell out of some exclamation points.

That said, when I saw the word "unpinning", I knew there was a chance the author may have meant "underpinning," but I also knew it could have been intentional because, in the context it was used, I got it. Unpinned, unhinged, undone. Made perfect sense to me. Still, I texted the author (who was out of the office) to ask for clarification and then went ahead and ran the article as it was written knowing that I could go back later and make the correction if needed. 

That said, thanks for pointing it out. When I saw the posts, it reminded me to follow up, which I did; it was indeed meant to be "underpinning" so the article is corrected now. Frankly, I liked 'unpinned' and wanted to keep it. =)

The weird link thing with the graphic = Fixed

Budkin and I are both stumped. Our CMS will throw some random, weird crap into the HTML code from time to time but we've never seen that before. Thanks for pointing it out. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I started to scroll down the page while reading the description and then quick scrolled back up when I saw the picture. Too creepy to have Yaga looking at me while I was reading! (But it's the present so she couldn't see me? But now that moment is past and she can! :o

Very cold design, very icy! Why, it looks sorta like... The Hunger?? I mean, it could just be ice too, but illustration-wise it definitely seems to follow the theme of the Hunger in general, what with the three goddesses in three different phases. Very cool, either way.

Everyone always talks about the 3 fold goddess without ever mentioning her opposite, the 3 fold god made up of The Youth (think Peter Pan), The Warrior, and The Sage.

It's sexism I tell you!   :angry:

Edited by Dakyn

In my defense, I need to explain that editing around here isn't so much a process as a negotiation. Punctuation purists must need Valium by the time they get to the end of one of our longer updates. We will bend the rules to suit our artistic needs even if that means defying the laws of grammar, creating new words or abusing the hell out of some exclamation points.

That said, when I saw the word "unpinning", I knew there was a chance the author may have meant "underpinning," but I also knew it could have been intentional because, in the context it was used, I got it. Unpinned, unhinged, undone. Made perfect sense to me. Still, I texted the author (who was out of the office) to ask for clarification and then went ahead and ran the article as it was written knowing that I could go back later and make the correction if needed. 

That said, thanks for pointing it out. When I saw the posts, it reminded me to follow up, which I did; it was indeed meant to be "underpinning" so the article is corrected now. Frankly, I liked 'unpinned' and wanted to keep it. =)

Budkin and I are both stumped. Our CMS will throw some random, weird crap into the HTML code from time to time but we've never seen that before. Thanks for pointing it out. 

I did like "unpinning" but it didn't seem to flow quite right in the context which is why I stated I thought they meant "underpinning".  The author could have just as easily explained unpinning like the crone could unpin the universe like hair or something so that she sees all the strands of what is and could be..I dunno. 

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

Can we have... can we have grammar god?

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I would consider her a person of interest in the Hunger case.

I agree she has touched the hunger. Maybe clutched it in her hands when it was small and newborn and held it up to the dying light in her mothers eyes. 

She does look cool indeed. It would be great to see her in game some how and have it make sense. It's immediately easy to imagine how you would do it in a persistent pve game but for a much more pvp oriented game like CF, I hope they could still make it work.

Maybe she hangs out in your EK divine cathedral or the rare campaign appearance.

She could be worked in at the Rez Spawn it would fit the lore. At minimum a statue of her to look at, or they could physically put her there to function as a heal or repair, or some kind of gold or resource sink. I hate to use Nui as an example but there it is.  

...a lifetime of memories and sins. She pens these into the Book of Whispers, to hold safe until in the End of Days when each mortal shall be judged by the gods and held accountable for their actions.

Now that's the type of Leader Board I can support :P

tiPrpwh.png

She's pretty... :wub:

You really think so?

I was scared first. But maybe you are right, you shouldnt judge things from outer appearance, right?

I mean, maybe she is in fact real nice and makes you a hot chocolate when you come visit her, right?!

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I like the art, and I like the concept even more.

The idea that players will be choosing deities to align with as a game mechanic... I hope that's more than just a cosmetic choice. In fantasy settings generally, and in Crowfall in particular, gods tend to muck with mortal lives pretty frequently.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies