Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pragmaticjoker

Last Call. (A Community For Friendly People. New And Reformed!)

Last Call  (http://lastcall-cf.shivtr.com/)

I've left this here as a memorial. But  this guild is currently closed. Maybe I'll restart it after the release of the game. Best luck to you all!

I'm seeing all these guilds around, trying to hardcore recruit players and get a large guild. It reminds me of a certain.. Thread with a lot of good points stating.. "A lot of people will probably give up on the game" and "A lot of new people will join when the games out" etc.. Well, while people leave and join, and the game eventually comes out and more new people join and make guilds not posted here.. I want a group of friendly peoples who are willing to stick it out and see how the game is.... We're just a group of good peoples. (Maybe not very humble there) 

(Thanks to SeventhBacon for making my hard work writing a manifesto useless, here it is just for you I put your version here instead of mine.. ;) )

Who are we?

Our guild is called Last Call.   ;).  We're players from around the world who want to have a friendly community that we can contribute to as well as get support from.  We believe a guild can and should be open to members of all interests and walks of life, and that a guild should be organized to get the most effective use of the game by acting in a coordinated effort.

What are we about?

Playing the game and having fun, avoiding drama, and generally acting like mature adults.  We're organized, but we don't expect you to play the game three nights a week or any other demands apart from the Golden Rule. Play nice with others and respect your fellow players.

What makes our guild different?

Most of us don't "drink the tears of our enemies" even if some of us thoroughly enjoy PvP.  We believe in good conduct and being the bigger person is just as appropriate when playing games as it is in our daily lives.  And we are indeed a friendly, helpful guild.

We aren't the only one out there.  In fact, we hope to make strong alliances with other like-minded guilds, be they focused on PvP, RP, or other aspects of the game.

Much of our ranks are filled with crafting enthusiasts, but we also have a strong group of PvP players, especially the ones who act like sheepdogs, hunting down cowardly gankers who prey on the weak.

How do you respect others in a PvP-centric game?

By acting like a mature adult and not actively seeking to ruin another person's gaming experience.  This does not mean you can't PvP to your heart's content, but constant griefing and PKing of a weaker enemy and starting flame wars (in the game or in the forums) is not appropriate.  On the same note, when it comes to PvP and GvG, we're not about turn the other cheek.  Even while we prefer alliances and nation-building, it doesn't mean we won't fight hard and seek victory.

Crowfall is about "Play 2 Crush."  We can do that, and still be civilized, even with blood on our swords while reveling in our victories.

So, if people want to join me on this long run, start posting here. :) We'll get our stuff sorted out and be in it for the long haul. And hopefully get some interesting discussions going :3 

Edited by pragmaticjoker

Last Call (A community guild for friendly peoples waiting out for CrowFall :P): http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/888-last-call-a-community-for-friendly-people/

So... we are going to make a Guild, right? I apologize if I have a bad english, I usually dont speak it because its not my ummm language...

I was checking all the guild topics and I was really interested in the title of this one... After reading the post I have decided to be part of this guild. :D

And if we are not forming a guild, I would love to stick with this group of friends to talk about the game and stuffs like that. I really hope that we can be a guild.

i can definitely get behind this!!! all of these guilds that are saying "oh we are in this game as well" aren't really allowing for many new players... they're not even stating their purpose. and to be honest, i've never played shadowbane. probably because i was pretty young and having an affair with flyff and maplestory.

so yeah, i'd like to join this group! it would also be great to coordinate like a skype group of some sort until then (:

Yup. Will be forming a guild with whatever amount of people we have when the games out. For now just chillin' here. :P

I was pretty young and never played Shadowbane too. xD

Last Call (A community guild for friendly peoples waiting out for CrowFall :P): http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/888-last-call-a-community-for-friendly-people/

I almost feel like when a name is chosen, it could be ironic, so that when our PvP players kill the "uber rage hard ones", they got killed by the 'My What A Lovely Tea Party Gang'.

But in all seriousness, I want a guild of mature people to hang out with.  Count me in!

Edit: Sadly, this guild did not work out for me in the end.  Best of luck!

Edited by seventhbeacon

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I like this guild name!

I also like the idea of a guild that doesn't wreak of eMuscle and iRage.

Nice people murder too! 

Yep!

Less of this:

1635409.gif

More of this:

MOV01825_zpsbdfc1c66.gif

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

And when the poor losers rag up a storm, cursing and howling, we say this:

235fe0960c333a276ab8b5938e24be64.jpg

Meant to type rage, but rag works too ;)

I'd join you guys too but I have to wait and see what the real structure of the game is like.  If I can fly solo effectively I'll probably go that route but short of that, I'd love to politely spill blood with you!

can I have a guild invite....just for sieges n such?

I ll help aot  :)

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

I'd join you guys too but I have to wait and see what the real structure of the game is like.  If I can fly solo effectively I'll probably go that route but short of that, I'd love to politely spill blood with you!

You can't be serious.... I just can't... just, no.

Definitely not a group of people I'd want to be associated with.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Oh please. Some of us belong in civilized society... even anonymously... on the internet... playing a video game... with strangers...

Yes, some do... and then there are the civilized ones who belong with those of us old enough to have played SB 10 years ago.  

I think you have forgotten which group you are in.  :wub:

I almost feel like when a name is chosen, it could be ironic, so that when our PvP players kill the "uber rage hard ones", they got killed by the 'My What A Lovely Tea Party Gang'.

But in all seriousness, I want a guild of mature people to hang out with.  Count me in!

All up for the ironic names xD We gotta get a list of 'em to pick from. :P

hey guys, let's remember we're all part of a civilized society, so no need to make comparisons. i'd like to believe the younger of us are capable of respecting those who are more experienced (and vice versa :P). no need for elitism on either side.

also, to be fair, i quite like the tea party stuff. i'm probably not going to limit myself to a pre-made group just yet though, because other guilds might suit me better in the end.

I'll probably be looking for a guild more like this. Just chill and hang out, help out other members. Communities attract me to a game more than hardcore pvp/raiding so guilds like this are a huge benefit to have in a game.  

If the roleplaying community doesn't get big enough to really work with I would join up with a more chill guild like this one. Like sylv said though, can't limit yourself just yet.

Definitely not a group of people I'd want to be associated with.

And yet he couldn't help but comment here despite seeing the title of the thread.  Such a troll.