Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pragmaticjoker

Last Call. (A Community For Friendly People. New And Reformed!)

The WoW classics like "And Two Stealthed Rogues" always amused me, but to get a bit more serious for a moment, I'd like a guild name that's a little more inviting, especially if, like Dragonscale, we're talking about offering a certain ambience.  Crafter-friendly, Carebear-friendly, however you want to call it, I do love me some immersion.

If anyone has ever played 7th Sea, my all time favorite table top RPG, there are some faction names in that I find very striking and wouldn't mind doing a variation of.

"The Invisible College"

"Knights of the Rose and Cross" (their version of Rosicrucian)

"Brotherhood of the Coast"

"Los Vagos"

"The Rilasciare"

Something simple, but with the ring of lore about it, and even better if it can somehow also be a tongue in cheek name.  I'm not against Clownbait and Lovely Tea Party, etc, I'm just also very pro-immersion.

The WoW classics like "And Two Stealthed Rogues" always amused me, but to get a bit more serious for a moment, I'd like a guild name that's a little more inviting, especially if, like Dragonscale, we're talking about offering a certain ambience.  Crafter-friendly, Carebear-friendly, however you want to call it, I do love me some immersion.

If anyone has ever played 7th Sea, my all time favorite table top RPG, there are some faction names in that I find very striking and wouldn't mind doing a variation of.

"The Invisible College"

"Knights of the Rose and Cross" (their version of Rosicrucian)

"Brotherhood of the Coast"

"Los Vagos"

"The Rilasciare"

Something simple, but with the ring of lore about it, and even better if it can somehow also be a tongue in cheek name.  I'm not against Clownbait and Lovely Tea Party, etc, I'm just also very pro-immersion.

Yeh. That's pretty fine if we can find something a cross between friendly and immersive.. But seriously Pie_1.jpg

I like lore. But yeah. Hopefully a mix of the two. Right? :P

Right!  I like the trappings of RP but I don't really like RP in MMO games because it's freaking impossible to track conversations if more than 2 people are in them.  All that excessive typing.  I want my RP to be full of killing things, and exploring, and crafting, and that can be really tricky to coordinate.  If the setting gives us lots of tools the way SWG did, though, it might be possible. :D

Right!  I like the trappings of RP but I don't really like RP in MMO games because it's freaking impossible to track conversations if more than 2 people are in them.  All that excessive typing.  I want my RP to be full of killing things, and exploring, and crafting, and that can be really tricky to coordinate.  If the setting gives us lots of tools the way SWG did, though, it might be possible. :D

Lets see what everyone else says about the name first though. :P Group decision.

Hello and you all seem like an interesting crew of folks.  Thought I'd give some suggestions.  If you are interested in keeping a circus theme you could add in words like:

Big Top

Hippodrome

Three Ring

Festival

Fair

Or add words that pertain to being friendly yet ruthless:

Tame or Humane or Merciful

Unyielding or Relentless

You could try something like:

Friendly Neighborhood ...

Brotherhood of ...

Circus of ...

as well.

Friendly Neighborhood ...

I am a comic book nut, so I pretty much saw this and hit my imaginary vote button.

Perhaps we can assemble a few more names over the next few (insert time frame here) and then do a poll...

*starts chant* poll! poll! poll! poll! poll!

I can't chant that out loud.  People might get ideas.  :ph34r:

Lmao, that article is so true on so many levels.  I should point out I do have a good Vent voice (I should work at a phone sex line or something), but also that I am not Tyler Durden or my khakis.

This is why I like well-rounded guilds.  There's no reason a quasi-casual guild can't also have a dedicated set of PvPers in it, enough people to raid (if you're into that sort of thing, I'm not), and crafting/exploring/etc enthusiasts.

What is it, though, about RP guilds, that attract so much drama and so many special snowflakes?

i love talking on vent and i like killing people :D i see no reason these are even a little exclusive. I've found a group that can have fun on vent while killing people is usually the most fun too much seriousness kills guilds sometimes even in the midst of a battle a good laugh can be better than winning  :P . those are the things you'll remember not whether you kept X castle.

I write a lot and will create backgrounds for some of my characters depending on the game.  I even run D&D campaigns and love pen and paper roleplaying.  But I've never jumped on the MMO RP bandwagon.  Just never appealed to me. But I think people who don't necessarily make a game their new job can still progress along swimmingly in whatever catches their eye be it PvP, crafting, PvE, etc.