Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pragmaticjoker

Last Call. (A Community For Friendly People. New And Reformed!)

No, I don't think we do have a list yet. It's a necessity for any sort of beta strategies though, since the guild will be broken up somehow or other. it would be good to know how many are in each group. I'd be curious, too, about the spread of beta groups represented here. (Data nerd, I admit) 

Anyone a spreadsheet devotee?

Hah, I both love and hate spreadsheeting.  I have updated the guild member list on page 50 with the Beta groups of each person who mentioned on in the last couple pages.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

The beta would have been sent in an email when you signed up.

Yes we could do a tournament vote on the game. It doesn't worry me either way, because we will probably progress through different games to keep ourselves amused while still bonding anyway. Variety will give us all extra experience. We haven't all come from the same gaming backgrounds.

My emails from Crowfall don't mention a spot in the beta, only that I've signed up for the beta list. =/

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

Downloading TERA now.

I looked at Epic Duel.... doesn't really look like my cup of tea. I'm not good at fighters.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

Hah, I both love and hate spreadsheeting.  I have updated the guild member list on page 50 with the Beta groups of each person who mentioned on in the last couple pages.

It might be very helpful to have a list of guild members who have beta invites and what groups they are in, and memIbers who do not yet have invites. If we're lucky, we will be allowed to invite a few people per beta player reference, which would allow friends in the guild to meet up and others to bring new friends into the guild/beta. 

Also downloading TERA, thanks for the great suggestion, iridian!

My pleasure. Just don't make an Elin if you value wearing pants.  :P

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

It might be very helpful to have a list of guild members who have beta invites and what groups they are in, and memIbers who do not yet have invites. If we're lucky, we will be allowed to invite a few people per beta player reference, which would allow friends in the guild to meet up and others to bring new friends into the guild/beta. 

My pleasure. Just don't make an Elin if you value wearing pants.  :P

Darned brilliant (and yet common sense!) observation.  That is a definite must.  For now I'm including betas on the page 50 list.  Anyone else who knows theirs, please drop a note here or in my inbox!

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Here's hoping by the time the big reveal happens or when it happens that there are big components designed for Wiz folks' enjoyment!

Unfortunately, I just read the last update and the links it contained to FAQ's and all and, nope, full looting and mandatory PvP, the two deal-breakers for me.  I'm not only out of here but am totally disgusted with Todd and the rest.  The first few days of this they were saying that there was going to be PvE options and solo options and dropping hints that there may be a place to fit in if you didn't want to PvP.  Now it's pretty much not really.  Look at that chart.  To reach the end, you go through increasing loots, including 100% loot halfway through.  Think I want to work that hard to have some SB-psycho take it all away from me?  That's not my idea of fun.  I'll stick with Wiz where you get to keep what you work hard for, where the motto is with perseverance success is guaranteed.  Where no one can just steal my massive hoards -- and I'm maxed out on all but the rarest and they're in 100's -- of reagents.

Thanks for the invite, seventhbeacon.  I do appreciate it but this is just not the game for me.  You can remove my name from the list.  :(  If Wiz ever shuts down (going strong so I'm not worried about that happening, tbh), I'll find something more to my liking.  I never did care for boxing.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

Unfortunately, I just read the last update and the links it contained to FAQ's and all and, nope, full looting and mandatory PvP, the two deal-breakers for me.  I'm not only out of here but am totally disgusted with Todd and the rest.  The first few days of this they were saying that there was going to be PvE options and solo options and dropping hints that there may be a place to fit in if you didn't want to PvP.  Now it's pretty much not really.  Look at that chart.  To reach the end, you go through increasing loots, including 100% loot halfway through.  Think I want to work that hard to have some SB-psycho take it all away from me?  That's not my idea of fun.  I'll stick with Wiz where you get to keep what you work hard for, where the motto is with perseverance success is guaranteed.  Where no one can just steal my massive hoards -- and I'm maxed out on all but the rarest and they're in 100's -- of reagents.

Thanks for the invite, seventhbeacon.  I do appreciate it but this is just not the game for me.  You can remove my name from the list.   :(  If Wiz ever shuts down (going strong so I'm not worried about that happening, tbh), I'll find something more to my liking.  I never did care for boxing.

We don't know what the Eternal Kingdoms are yet.  There's a barrier on the map.  For all we know, that's PvE central right there, even if it's mostly crafting-focused.

How do we get checkyotrack banned from the forums?

If you see something you think breaks the rules, report it with the small report link in the message box near the quote buttons.

Thanks for the invite, seventhbeacon.  I do appreciate it but this is just not the game for me.  You can remove my name from the list.   :(  If Wiz ever shuts down (going strong so I'm not worried about that happening, tbh), I'll find something more to my liking.  I never did care for boxing.

Ok Blaze, nice to see you. :) We all have different tastes in spending our free time in gaming, and it's great that we have so much to choose from. 

288mqgz.png

Do not feed the trolls, they are hungry and love all the baits lying around. Use the report option and the move on. Ignore them. Let the moderators do their job.

But, yes thicker skin = win sometimes, especially in the winter, keeps that heat in. 

Thanks for the fast review Oh Moderator Of XcomVicness.

Back on track - I too signed up directly on these Crowfall boards and did not receive a specific Beta number.  Which might be good because that way I can be a total surprise to all the many people that can't wait to see me ingame and give me presents.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Keep us in mind blaze and drop in whenever you'd like.  Sorry the game is not shaping up how you'd like but if you ever want someone to run with in CF look me up.  I'll be the one crafting madly back at the base, steam shooting out of my ears as I try to keep everyone geared up.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Do not feed the trolls, they are hungry and love all the baits lying around. Use the report option and the move on. Ignore them. Let the moderators do their job.

But, yes thicker skin = win sometimes, especially in the winter, keeps that heat in. 

Thanks!  Happy to oblige.  Sometimes when the mosquitoes keep on biting eventually you just feel the need to swat them.  Not that that's an excuse. ;)

Allein - Gatherer - USA - PST (GMT-8)

Pretty sure I'm in Beta 5 since I signed up on this site and not P2C  :unsure:

Thanks!  You have been updated on Page 50.  It's a magical place.

Here's hoping by the time the big reveal happens or when it happens that there are big components designed for Wiz folks' enjoyment!

There's a lot of KI Games players who did not come here under the impression that the game would be PvE-oriented, and are super excited about everything they've seen so far. I am pretty sure the ones who wandered over here and expected different are a minority.

I know it's beating a dead horse, but I think the distinction is important.