Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dondagora

Legendary Disciplines

An idea probably many of us has considered.

Extremely rare disciplines with unique abilities that would otherwise be overpowered or ruin the game should it be common. These are disciplines I would hope to have a 0.1-0.0001% chance of obtaining, nearly impossible to attempt to grind for. Of course, the rarity would also allow the ability to be more powerful from a utility point of view. Such abilities as:

• Resurrection [single-Target so not to create an immortal party]
  • Teleportation [Map-Wide or Local]
  • Flight [Assassin's-only, upgrades their "Glide"]
  • Summoner [Teleporting small groups of people to him/herself]
  • Clairvoyance [Able to see positions of allies and enemies and any other points of interest through obstacles and on minimap]

What do you think of this idea of Legendary Disciplines? Any you think should not be allowed, no matter how few of them exist? Any you'd like to add?

Edited by Dondagora

Only if they had charges or limited time use.  When they expired they would simply vanish and you could get a different discipline.  I would not like to see them otherwise.

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

If this had been posted in the suggestions section I would have given one star. Being epic should be earned by deeds, not by random drop. Having these on market can have a bad influence on the economy too. The part about being extremely rare preventing grinding is bullocks, if something has a tiny bit of chance to drop, people will grind for it. People, who could have been more useful on the battlegrounds fighting for their side instead of PvE grinding (because who else would drop these unless you can craft them, you can only loot from players what they have in their inventory).

If they're drop-on-death, yes. No idea if that could be implemented for disciplines, though.

That actually might make a good CW, though. Something along the lines of the Juggernaut mode from Halo.

An ability set which is overpowered if common is even MORE overpowered when rare, since there will be much less community knowledge and preparation for countering its strengths and exploiting its weaknesses.

All this proposal does is reward lucky players at the expense of skillful ones. That's not a dynamic to encourage in the game I want to play.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I think having rarer Disciplines yeah great but i think the moves would have to be looked at very carefully as you need it not to be hey look EYE LASER SUCK ON MY TOES mwuhahahahahaha

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

I have to speak No to these kind of Abilities on a super rare dicipline.

It would lead to severe unbalance and the Teleport would simply circumvant travel with Resources from A to B.

The reason for Physical goods to be transported and possiblity to be intercepted would poof that way.

i think that rarirty might actually work as a balance modifier in a cf environment.

in most games, it doesnt because they go on forever...so that .00001% drop rate doesn't mean that much after a few months/years  of folks farming for 'it' 24x7.

in a cf timeline i don't think it would be a big deal, as the worlds wouldnt be around long enough to where the possession of something rare and powerful (be it ability, weapon, whatever) would become prerequisite to not having a gimp toon.

i think that rarirty might actually work as a balance modifier in a cf environment.

in most games, it doesnt because they go on forever...so that .00001% drop rate doesn't mean that much after a few months/years  of folks farming for 'it' 24x7.

in a cf timeline i don't think it would be a big deal, as the worlds wouldnt be around long enough to where the possession of something rare and powerful (be it ability, weapon, whatever) would become prerequisite to not having a gimp toon.

Characters aren't wiped, though, so they would stick around.