Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At least give me a slider option to give them abominations a lift Kit. Upright and at attention.  I hope to God these aren't harry potter Elves.

I don't want to play as Dobbie.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with you  

I guess it all comes down to what their lore is.  If, in Crowfall, Elves are dopey ass clowns, the current art work is good.  If they're supposed to be timeless bad asses, we needs some changes...

I like them.   However, I must express my displeasure at the possibility that Crowfall's elves will have giant floppy rabbit ears as pictured below:       Restraint is the virtue of any good

Maj, Shokar, is that what you scurvy lads were trying to do with my ears?  Commandeer me?

I wondered what you reckless and clumsy drunks were trying at.  Fumbling about at the controls,

just like a couple of useless louts.  Get back to swabbin', and pray for a sweet kiss some other time.

... pirates

No, I don't care for the super-floppy ears, either.  But like Mourne says, as long as there's

some kind of slider for customization, we'll all get along.

Lets deconstruct the floppy ear issue from a realistic perspective.

Elves are generally thin and have a grace generally unmatched by Humans. 

As such, the Elves have evolved pointy ears for better aerodynamics, or through intelligent design, their deity would know better than to give them floppy ears because it would cause more wind resistance, thus it would slow them down.

Not just that, they'd be more prone to get chopped off while they're doing their Elven Swordswinging swordsmanship.

It wouldn't make sense for Elves to have big floppy Dobbie ears as not only would they get in the way, it would be difficult to fashion a good helmet around that noggin. 

A benevolent Deity (Devs) would understand these concerns about Elves and tone it back a bit :P

Else there would be a lot of earless Elves.

Lets deconstruct the floppy ear issue from a realistic perspective.

Elves are generally thin and have a grace generally unmatched by Humans. 

As such, the Elves have evolved pointy ears for better aerodynamics, or through intelligent design, their deity would know better than to give them floppy ears because it would cause more wind resistance, thus it would slow them down.

Not just that, they'd be more prone to get chopped off while they're doing their Elven Swordswinging swordsmanship.

It wouldn't make sense for Elves to have big floppy Dobbie ears as not only would they get in the way, it would be difficult to fashion a good helmet around that noggin. 

A benevolent Deity (Devs) would understand these concerns about Elves and tone it back a bit :P

Else there would be a lot of earless Elves.

Elves are mythical creatures with different features from different authors, from different cultures, from different eras...... 

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

I like them.

However, I must express my displeasure at the possibility that Crowfall's elves will have giant floppy rabbit ears as pictured below:

0RHC7Opb.jpg

U7CDpbnb.jpg

Restraint is the virtue of any good art style. Please reconsider endowing the elves in this game with cartoonish, over the top, elongated ears. A slight point will do. Have some inspiration, free of charge:

cb_elric04.jpg

elricear.jpg

Maybe it's not playable characters, but mounts that you ride like a bike.

Elves are mythical creatures with different features from different authors, from different cultures, from different eras...... 

You are absolutely correct! 

Hopefully the Devs won't be including the "Santa's Workshop" Version of them, and lift more from the Elves of Nordic mythos.  Or perhaps even put a Gaelic flavor to them such as the Tuatha de Danann (Sidhe) as Shadowrun did and Hellboy 2.  I could really get behind that version.

Floppy ears are just so... Cartoonish.  

Best case scenario is they have both options.  Then its win/win for Everyone.

Edit:  And as a random Gripe.  It's Pronounced Two-Ah-Ha De Dan-ahn (Tuatha De Danann) City State Entertainment/Camelot Unchained.  I'm going to strangle Mark Jacobs if he pronounces it Two-a-THA De Dan-Anne one more time.  If you're going to use the Mythos in your game, Learn how to freaking pronounce it.  

Edited by nimsul

I'm a big elf fanatic, mys-elf. Tall or short, pointy-eared or not, childlike or statuesque, forest-dwelling posh hippies or decadent arctic Nazis.

But one thing I can never seem to enjoy is leaning on big floppy ears as the "this is an elf" flag. I see people saying that they need to be "more than humans with pointy ears" but I really don't think the way to do that is to make the pointy ears bigger. I'd rather some inhuman skin tone or stature than flightless wing-ears!

qRxt0XW.png
                                                                                                               The Elf Formerly Known as Taranis Thilandrae

Actually, looking at the pictures again, i think what concerns me the most about these isn't so much the ear size as it is the head size to shoulder width ratio.

The heads seem to be rather large comparatively to their shoulder width, which is most commonly seen in babies, children and little people such as gnomes, dwarves and halflings.

this raises my concerns that we may not have the tall, elegant, proud elves, but something more comparatively sized to a Halfling with big floppy elf ears. and based on their expressions, I'm thinking rather tricksterish like halflings. 

Please see below reference I made and my approximate concerns.

headratio_by_un123al-d8eq5cl.jpg

And some more examples of "elves done right".

HhA2gRg.jpg

Quick! Someone give this man a Silver hand! 

I like elves they have a nice herbal smell when their bodies are burning in sacrifice to Myrkul.

and da pointy ears make for good toothpicks when the eating is done too!

we can always use this as elf artwork

hqdefault.jpg

Makes me wanna bake a few more elfs...oh with sprinkles!!

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

While long floppy ears makes me think of cartoons or anime (which I don't prefer), having a race that's exactly human with a slight point to the ears is pointless.  I find the typical depiction of elves to be incredibly boring.  Just play a human and hump trees.

If you're going to create a race, let it actually be unique.  Make them part plant like a dryad, or dark and twisted.  Maybe savage with long ears.  Do something.

Edited by truth