Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guild Alliances or Community Communication?

reselath

I just had a quick thought come across while I've been sitting here with my kitten nibbling on me, and that was about guild alliances, or a community of sorts? 

EK's can be used and personalized, as well as allotting land to others, to the point of having an actual kingdom. Are we going to slowly develop guild alliances here, or are we going to work on EK's where guilds reside together, without being formally aligned. If so, I'd like to see who would be interested in talks about working on a forum or way that we can get some communities working together in the future. 

This is obviously dependent on how Crowfall's development goes in the future, but I think it's an idea that can be worked on and fostered well. 

I know many of the guilds are already looking at other guilds as potential allies or potential foes:)  And there is some communication going on to try and test the waters.  Once some alliances shape up I think you will see the discussion of the EK's come into the mix.  I know for us if we have a couple guilds we are allied with we would want a place in their EK and a place for them in our for trade and commerce.

It makes me wonder if we're going to see some serious in-game politics, like EVE level politics. I mean, depending on the rulesets for the campaign one goes to, there will be some hardcore PvP rules making in-game diplomacy a big thing honestly. 

I'm sure alliances will show up, the fact is they will matter more inside campaigns where the PvP happens than at the EK level, and campaigns have different rules sets that we don't know yet. So basically we have no idea which guild will be in the same campaigns we are at this point, so starting anything too serious could waste everyone's time. In the end guilds could end up playing on different rule sets, therefore different campaigns, and their efforts on pre-launch would be pointless.

I think when we are on Beta 1 and 2, when we have a good idea of how the game will be like, who are the active guilds, who is going to play where etc. That is when alliances will mean something, so that certain guilds can agree to go into certain campaigns and work together or against each other. Until then most of the guild leaders are taking a "wait and see" approach.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

Though politics are going to be a big part of this game, there isn't much going on at this point.  Feel free to come create some discussion on www.angrycrows.com though as it's set up with the "guild" communities.

Edited by valor