Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
headlight

[Info leak] Ranger next archetype for the Hunger Dome?

I don't think ACE will take kindly to breaking into their assets and posting it, so I don't think it's safe to post on officials. But here's a bunch of leaked assets someone dumped on The Dregs.

Original thread

http://www.thedregs.net/topic/233-out-of-the-blue/

Ranger speculation

http://www.thedregs.net/topic/234-ranger-speculation-thread/

Crafting assets

http://www.thedregs.net/topic/235-crafting-speculation/

Edited by headlight

Cool beans. Was hoping for Assassin (or Duelist but it'll never happen) but I can settle for Ranger + it's a new gameplay mechanic. I'm happy that ACE was smart enough not to do an NDA.

Some other game publishers/companies would be sending out cease and desist letters and threatening to get that website shut down.

Cool beans. Was hoping for Assassin (or Duelist but it'll never happen) but I can settle for Ranger + it's a new gameplay mechanic. I'm happy that ACE was smart enough not to do an NDA.

Some other game publishers/companies would be sending out cease and desist letters and threatening to get that website shut down.

Agreed, lack of NDA is just one of the ways ArtCraft is breaking the mold.

I enjoy following ArtCraft updates and check in a couple times a week, so I think leaks are to their benefit. I am really interested in how their ranger plays, so if this isn't a troll they got my attention. I haven't seen a ranger archetype that doesn't suck in quite some time and I am waiting to see what ArtCraft does with the prototype. 

I hope they stick to their vision to create an innovative game, and earn a lucrative payday in the process.

I have no idea who the leaker is....I did contact ACE though as soon as it happened to make sure everything was lollipops and rainbows as far as it staying on our site goes. We want to remain in good standing with the devs here.

At best this is good hype/speculation material for a future class.

I don't think ACE will take kindly to breaking into their assets and posting it, so I don't think it's safe to post on officials.

To be fair, posting links to the info is no different than posting the info here.. but I get you're trying to get traffic to The Dregs.

Either way, interesting stuff... curious to know if the person datamined the current released Pre-Alpha build or this was an internal leak. Though I have a hard time believing it's the latter.

Edited by Elvine

Soontm

Hmmm...

What if the last test was a clue?

What if 2 more classes are coming very soon, and one just happens to be ranger?

Whats next?

All aboard the Hype Train. TOOOT TOOOT.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Just to throw a bit more fuel on the speculation fire, a couple weeks ago in hungerdome chat between matches I asked Tyrant if we could have the Ranger now and he responded with "Can't wait to let you guys see what's planned next ;)"

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

Just to throw a bit more fuel on the speculation fire, a couple weeks ago in hungerdome chat between matches I asked Tyrant if we could have the Ranger now and he responded with "Can't wait to let you guys see what's planned next ;)"

Obiviously he meant that the duelist is the next archetype coming. You amateur! /sarcasm 

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Would be most interesting to see how the ranger shakes up combat dynamics.

I think it's probably Tully playing out a James Bond fantasy.

:lol: He would be perfect for the role though..

p7XbT7h.png

I'd pay a ticket to the movies just to hear him say that line in british accent

Edited by Tipsy

the way i see it, its that they will propably add another archetype to test physics and combat dynamics (more variety, more ways to break the game). Since we are in pre-alpha, i wouldnt be surprised, if the majority of the skills we see in hungerdome, wont make it into solid alpha state. They offer a vague idea of the archetype but nothing is set in stone (e.g. Centaur role and focus changed). 

Edit: We havent seen a stealth mechanic in game yet, and i have a strong feeling, Ranger archetype will fill this spot during the pre-alpha process.

Edited by volahn

Just saw this from Arawulf last night.

It appears it wasn't leaked but instead someone hacked the client and found unused artwork/data.

http://www.crowbase.com/2015/09/19/mysterious-dev007-posts-graphics-hints-at-the-next-archetype-at-thedregs-net-forum/

For those unfamiliar, this happens with WoW and other games fairly regularly. It's referred to as data mining. It's not always a good indicator, but sometimes you get completely new stuff you never anticipated (if, for example, you found data indicating a new archetype or something) - those tend to be the interesting bits.

Just saw this from Arawulf last night.

It appears it wasn't leaked but instead someone hacked the client and found unused artwork/data.

http://www.crowbase.com/2015/09/19/mysterious-dev007-posts-graphics-hints-at-the-next-archetype-at-thedregs-net-forum/

It’s not a “leak”, someone just pulled apart the unity files and made some guesses about upcoming development priorities based on the extraneous art they found in the cache.  It’s against the terms of service (and uncool), but it happens.  I really wouldn’t put too much weight on any of it.  We constantly stub out new content with assets and names for testing that end up replaced, repurposed or cut entirely. Some of it could even be left over from the kickstarter demo. (for a long time, the only avatar portrait in the game was a picture of Tully’s pug.) On the plus side, none of it included profanity this time.  Hooray, we’re making progress!

Edited by Elvine