Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
headlight

[Info leak] Ranger next archetype for the Hunger Dome?

the tears are real. you guys act like someone hacked the matrix or something. someone grabbed some pic files. If the length of jtodd's outrage is "uncool", then I guess you guys should either get a tissue or I should start making canoes. I still have some leftover from my magicbane business. Pug archetype confirmed by JTodd. You saw it first on thedregs  official forums crowbase.com

the tears are real. you guys act like someone hacked the matrix or something. someone grabbed some pic files. If the length of jtodd's outrage is "uncool", then I guess you guys should either get a tissue or I should start making canoes. I still have some leftover from my magicbane business. Pug archetype confirmed by JTodd. You saw it first on thedregs  official forums crowbase.com

More was said than just "uncool," read the words before it.. "It’s against the terms of service"

More was said than just "uncool," read the words before it.. "It’s against the terms of service"

Then they can grab their pitchforks and tinfoil hats. Coz they know that I'm not a tester and it ain't me. I'm just passing on the information. If you're going to throw up the bat signal to Anonymous over some graphics, then feel free.

Then they can grab their pitchforks and tinfoil hats. Coz they know that I'm not a tester and it ain't me. I'm just passing on the information. If you're going to throw up the bat signal to Anonymous over some graphics, then feel free.

While you're not the one that hacked the client, you're promoting the results that came of breaking the ToS. You said it yourself even...

I don't think ACE will take kindly to breaking into their assets and posting it

That's exactly what you did though... 

I totally get it, you're trying to direct traffic from the Official Site to The Dregs. 

Edited by Elvine

I understand why stuff like this happens, there's a WoW website that became very successful because they were able to datamine and leak information to the masses quite well...

People are going to be people and this stuff is bound to happen, but I question the type of people that would encourage or benefit from such things, especially in this context.

If you are truly supportive of ACE why do this kind of stuff, even if you are right and the ranger would have been the next archetype you are basically just taking away excitement and support they could have drummed up later on with their own official archetype announcements.  You haven't truly killed it off, but it's kinda like letting people know a surprise party is going to happen. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Honestly I don't see it as that much of a bad thing really. The only people that are finding out about the information early are the ones on the forums actively trying to dig up as much information as possible.

Part of the reason ACE didn't do an NDA is because they know they don't work. Surely they are surprised by this.

As I've said in the past, there's just way too much financial incentive to spill the beans on the big "secrets". 

Honestly I don't see it as that much of a bad thing really. The only people that are finding out about the information early are the ones on the forums actively trying to dig up as much information as possible.

Part of the reason ACE didn't do an NDA is because they know they don't work. Surely they are surprised by this.

As I've said in the past, there's just way too much financial incentive to spill the beans on the big "secrets". 

This thread isn't tucked away in some obscure area of the forums, pretty sure "General Discussion" will be the first place most people will look when interested in the game. 

NDA's surely can and do work if a company wants to enforce them. I highly doubt ACE's decision not to have one is because "they don't work."  

NDA's surely can and do work if a company wants to enforce them. I highly doubt ACE's decision not to have one is because "they don't work."  

I've never seen an NDA work for a video game that has to be tested by the public. Every game I've ever wanted to see early footage of I've been able to fairly easily. 

Also JTC said in one of the developer videos that part of the reason they aren't doing an NDA is because they don't work. Like he literally said something along the lines of "They don't work first of all"

Edited by Zybak

Ranger in Hunger Dome would make a lot of sense from a testing perspective. 

Of course just speculating but Ranger would allow them to test:

Physical Ranged class

Stealth

Pet AI

None of these are in Hunger Dome currently.

Ah this thread has grown a little...salty. No matter. The white knight forum warriors will always be around to try to invoke their personal rules of law even though the developers stance is pretty clear. In this case...theyve decided not to police the internet. Which would be an impossible task. Especially coming from someone who was or is a mod...you'd think ACE's stances would be well rehearsed.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. We aren't out to police the World Wide Web and our jurisdiction stops at our own borders.

...this stance is what was repeated to me by ACE in their email.

I have no idea who DEV007 is...but if it wasn't our site it would of been somewhere else. If we wanted such restrictive forums...we would just be a Crowfall Officials Reboot. Unless it's illegal to house the information...which it's not...it will not be taken down.

If you want to avoid be spoilered by datamined information...I would expect to have the self-control to not click on a thread that is clearly tagged appropriately as [info Leak]. Since it is against the Terms of Service, it was felt appropriate to link instead of copy-pasting and citing as you do Elvine...so it wasn't a matter of just marketing. If you want to copy-paste the leaked information onto this forum that's on you. Whatever floats yer warrior boat.

wc

Ah this thread has grown a little...salty. No matter. The white knight forum warriors will always be around to try to invoke their personal rules of law even though the developers stance is pretty clear. In this case...theyve decided not to police the internet. Which would be an impossible task. Especially coming from someone who was or is a mod...you'd think ACE's stances would be well rehearsed.

I have no idea who DEV007 is...but if it wasn't our site it would of been somewhere else. If we wanted such restrictive forums...we would just be a Crowfall Officials Reboot. Unless it's illegal to house the information...which it's not...it will not be taken down.

If you want to avoid be spoilered by datamined information...I would expect to have the self-control to not click on a thread that is clearly tagged appropriately as [info Leak]. Since it is against the Terms of Service, it was felt appropriate to link instead of copy-pasting and citing as you do Elvine...so it wasn't a matter of just marketing. If you want to copy-paste the leaked information onto this forum that's on you. Whatever floats yer warrior boat.

wc

If ACE really cared about the fact this broke their TOS, they'd have deleted this thread to discourage people from abusing their alpha client in order to garner attention.  That's why we should just call it what it is, let it stand as is, and quit complaining about something that clearly isn't an issue.

wc

Personal rules? These are ACE's rules within their ToS, I'm sorry for following the rules... 

Did I state that they should police the internet? No. Should they when it comes to their own site? Probably...  

Since it is against the Terms of Service, it was felt appropriate to link instead of copy-pasting

Or how about not posting about it at all? Or is that too hard since traffic is directed to The Dregs?

If ACE really cared about the fact this broke their TOS, they'd have deleted this thread to discourage people from abusing their alpha client in order to garner attention.  That's why we should just call it what it is, let it stand as is, and quit complaining about something that clearly isn't an issue.

True enough, it's a shame that companies cherry pick which violations to deal with. 

Edited by Elvine