Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yamix

Crafter Kill Leaderboard

While I hate the idea of players having a kill leader board in Campaign Worlds (unless that's the direct objective), I think it *would* be interesting to find out whose weapons have caused the most havoc. 

Which weapon obtained the most kills in a given Campaign?

Which Crafter?

What about for individual weapon types?

Maybe Even:

Whose armor took the biggest beating (individual piece and overall)?

This assumes there would be a way to avoid gaming of the system somehow.  If nothing else, perhaps you could see your individual results.

Edited by yamix

This assumes there would be a way to avoid gaming of the system somehow.

There's no way to prevent people gaming individual-scale stats like this.

The only leaderboard stat that matters and the only leaderboard stat that can't be gamed is Campaign W/L.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

If you created a leader board for crafters that show what weapons/armor did the most damage or took the most damage you almost are creating a direct highway to gear focusing.   I'm not saying this won't happen, superior gear setups vs creative gear setups, but it seems like this would enhance that mindset and paint a clear picture for players.

Example:
Looking at the leader board crafted item X is in the top 25 for damage(taken or given) and heavily represented in the top 100 with only a couple other choices.   You basically just created a billboard on selective cookie cutter gearing per archtype.   

I think that information is very valuable to the development team in balancing the game, but not so valuable to the greater community that time should be invested in a leader board for it.

If anything this is something/project for a fan site.

KjUVOZg.png

Cantaloupes - Member / "It's a strange thing to see, that moment when the extraordinary becomes ordinary."

At first I thought you proposed a leaderboard for most crafters ganked. That would be like warriors bragging about their target practice results or hanging a deer head on the wall. Of course Stalkers may want to do that with human heads too!

There's no way to prevent people gaming individual-scale stats like this.

The only leaderboard stat that matters and the only leaderboard stat that can't be gamed is Campaign W/L.

Campaign Wins/Losses/Kneel (&bob) would be even more helpful.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

If you created a leader board for crafters that show what weapons/armor did the most damage or took the most damage you almost are creating a direct highway to gear focusing.   I'm not saying this won't happen, superior gear setups vs creative gear setups, but it seems like this would enhance that mindset and paint a clear picture for players.

Example:

Looking at the leader board crafted item X is in the top 25 for damage(taken or given) and heavily represented in the top 100 with only a couple other choices.   You basically just created a billboard on selective cookie cutter gearing per archtype.   

I think that information is very valuable to the development team in balancing the game, but not so valuable to the greater community that time should be invested in a leader board for it.

If anything this is something/project for a fan site.

The way I imagined this was there would be some custom named high quality weapons and such. The idea isn't to promote the weapon type, it's to promote the name of the crafter and what they've made, but it's a good point given we don't know the details of implementation.

How would you feel about it if it only gave totals by crafter? (Crafter X's weapons killed Y people)

The way I imagined this was there would be some custom named high quality weapons and such. The idea isn't to promote the weapon type, it's to promote the name of the crafter and what they've made, but it's a good point given we don't know the details of implementation.

How would you feel about it if it only gave totals by crafter? (Crafter X's weapons killed Y people)

It definitely would prevent weapon type focus, but it would still bring attention to the crafter. Maybe that crafter doesn't want to receive that much attention, so they're should be an opt-out.

I do think an opt in leaderboard for a stat like this would be cool. I can understand if someone wouldn't want to be on a leaderboard like this but I think that it'd be pretty neat stat.

Obviously you wouldn't want extremely broken down stats for gear that could effect the meta but just something as simple as; total kills with all weapon types, total damage taken with all armor types etc. would be cool.

I think it's a good idea :D

Edited by Zybak

The more statistical data that the game provides, the easier it is to get stuck in poorly conceived archetype metas. I'd rather have people be blind to extra information and allow crafters to make a name for themselves by word of mouth.

This would also be a pretty significant development task and a large hit to the game databases. Stat tracking damage values, mineral values etc for every piece of gear in a game when gear breaks constantly would be a massive undertaking. 

TBH I'm hoping that in CF it's more about the skill of the player wielding the weapon rather than the weapon itself.  I think that great crafters will rise to the top through reputation/word of mouth as long as there's a spot to put a "made by" tag on crafted items.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

TBH I'm hoping that in CF it's more about the skill of the player wielding the weapon rather than the weapon itself.  I think that great crafters will rise to the top through reputation/word of mouth as long as there's a spot to put a "made by" tag on crafted items.

The person swinging the weapon is already going to get their kicks and rewards - I don't think there is any question there, I'm thinking this is more a "fun statistics" type thing, rather than anything with any real impact.  I don't know, I think there might be a fun aspect of being a notorious arms dealer.