Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Hunger Dome 2: We ain’t got time to bleed - Official discussion thread

So being "Pre-Alpha" still, it looks like us Alpha 1s will lose access again temporarily, which is a bummer. 

That said... totally stoked about this update.  Excited for both new classes, larger teams (5v5 was such fun!) and Milestone 2.0 = Not Hunger Dome... which means something new!

Yeah, the hype is real.

I have a feeling milestone 2.0 might start incorporating voxels and a bit of siege mechanics....  Some might think it would be too early for such things, but voxels are a big deal and you really gotta start figuring out how they integrate pretty early imo.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I'm curios about the stealth and anti-stealth mechanicas... 

"Stealth junkies BE GONE!" (AoE like the mad man I am..)

I have a feeling milestone 2.0 might start incorporating voxels and a bit of siege mechanics....  Some might think it would be too early for such things, but voxels are a big deal and you really gotta start figuring out how they integrate pretty early imo.

You got a point there, kiddo!
Let's hope you're right! :D

Lf6MJUL.png

http://www.legend-gaming.net

Pingu - Member

---------------------------"Winter is coming"---------------------------

I'm curios about the stealth and anti-stealth mechanicas... 

"Stealth junkies BE GONE!" (AoE like the mad man I am..)

I more interested in the anti-stealth aspect than the stealthing. And god knows tracking runes will be a thing... erm, discipline.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Yeap, I am hoping they can get the voxels and destruction in ASAP.  Voxels are hard on CPUs and this is where i expect to see a major drop in performance compared to milestone 1.  Also I am very interested to see how well they pull it off.  I have spent some time in Landmark and want to see the difference between unity, and forgelight.  My guess is unity does it better.

I am really looking forward to seeing how the texture mapping system works compared to the projection type texture display they are using Landmark.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

can't wait for the 40m "snipes" :rolleyes:

Its pretty common in MMOs that certain abilities are able to travel further (or behave differently) than the default range.

Plus not sure how many streams or gameplay you've watched but currently projectiles travel a decent distance before dissipating. Could it be longer, perhaps but its certainly not as short as you keep making it out to be.

Edited by pang

That's odd, why would the Ranger need a team to survive in the Hunger Dome if the Ranger will only be added until after the Hunger Dome ruleset is no longer used?  Or are you saying the Ranger would need a team if she were to be available for the Hunger Dome testing?

Looking forward to the new updates.  Work hard on that optimization, pretty please.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Its pretty common in MMOs that certain abilities are able to travel further (or behave differently) than the default range.

Plus not sure how many streams or gameplay you've watched but currently projectiles travel a decent distance before dissipating. Could it be longer, perhaps but its certainly not as short as you keep making it out to be.

oh I know the range of the spells...

but it's kinda hilarious when you can't even properly hit people on the lowground when standing on a wall.

little ridiculous if you asked me...

and now we're getting "snipes"

woohoooo

Yeap, I am hoping they can get the voxels and destruction in ASAP.  Voxels are hard on CPUs and this is where i expect to see a major drop in performance compared to milestone 1.  Also I am very interested to see how well they pull it off.  I have spent some time in Landmark and want to see the difference between unity, and forgelight.  My guess is unity does it better.

I am really looking forward to seeing how the texture mapping system works compared to the projection type texture display they are using Landmark.

Yea i'm still not convinced you can have large scale battles with voxels based on today's tech and hardware but if they manage to pull it off i'll be very impressed.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

So if the next two stages

will STILL be Pre-Alpha

Whats the actual plan for Alpha 1, then each corresponding Alpha then betas?

If 1.1 (Still Pre-Alpha) is starting in november, we can assume that 2.0 (still Pre-alpha) Will be at the earliest, late december/early january (if we are lucky)

Then for Alpha 1/Alpha 2/ everything else, are you gonna be doing a funneling invites (like the pre-alphas) or will people be getting in instantly if they have that testing level?

Also do you plan on having persistent servers for testing for either of the next few tests?

Agreed with the sentiment expressed so far - Good stuff! I'm digging the Champion (second only to Mino!) and my son is waiting on the Ranger.

As for the 4 week down time, I guess that gives me some time to play the newly released Blood Bowl 2.

rSHxVEY.gif

I'm hoping Milestone 2 has a persistent world (maybe a much smaller version of what we'd see at launch). I'm curious to see what their procedurally generated maps are going to be like.

Also I'd love to just login and see what's going on rather than queuing for some sort of testing MOBA mode (not that I don't like the Hunger Dome)

best ranger model i've seen in a long while.

Bet she knows a thing or 2 about survival.Being a free spirit fits her.

Some time ago,it was mentioned that 1 of their new crowfall team member constantly wandered off and that they found that to be kind of annoying,

But there is nothing wrong with wanting to scout ahead and exploring.

Yet in some situations they need to be reminded that they need each other.

Like when the ranger scouts ahead and finds herself in front of the stronghold of her greatest enemy.

She decides to go in stealth mode & out of curiousity seeks out the champion she spotted in the distance,hacking away at several thralls.

The ranger decides to watch his back,because she realizes that going back to the walls of the stronghold alone makes her too vulnerable.

While a rampager like the champion could blow a hole in the wall with ease.

So the degree to which archetypes are dependent on others may vary from in-game situation to situation.

I think its wonderful that they have such a team member that constantly wanders off on his own.

As it shows them which archetypes are needed & it challenges them to think about teamplay and what their game might lack to make it happen.

If there are players that like to wander off they should rather support it ,than try to prevent it.

So we have archetypes made for free spirits,yet it are the shortcomings that drive them to play together as the obstacles present itself.

Edited by Tipsy