Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hunger Dome 2: We ain’t got time to bleed - Official discussion thread

I don't think balance is their priority... they are just testing ability behavior, and even mentioned that some of the abilities we are seeing aren't actually going to end up on the classes they are currently being tested on. 

i meant balance by ex abilities, movement, character animation and skills :)

Can't wait for the Ranger. Hopefully arrows won't be range-limited. :)

If ranger have range of 1000m that's way too op, feels like a sniper rifle range shooting from long distances. :D

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let’s talk about what’s next   FULL STORY

We were just talking about topics for the show...  How convenient of you!

can't wait to see the champion to scale in the hunger dome. glad I see nothing about pets with the ranger.

So being "Pre-Alpha" still, it looks like us Alpha 1s will lose access again temporarily, which is a bummer. 

That said... totally stoked about this update.  Excited for both new classes, larger teams (5v5 was such fun!) and Milestone 2.0 = Not Hunger Dome... which means something new!

Yeah, the hype is real.

I think we are safe. There really isn't a whole lot of pre alpha testers and hunger dome requires quite a few

7d4g0V5.png

Sounds good, can't wait for my chance to get in on some action, but it will probably be a while. Not sure how I feel about the Stealth mechanics, as I despise it in basically every game that has it, as it is much, much too powerful. Will have to wait and see how ACE implements it. Keep up the good work and am glad to hear testing is going well thus far.

*Initiating Lurk Mode*

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sounds good, can't wait for my chance to get in on some action, but it will probably be a while. Not sure how I feel about the Stealth mechanics, as I despise it in basically every game that has it, as it is much, much too powerful. Will have to wait and see how ACE implements it. Keep up the good work and am glad to hear testing is going well thus far.

*Initiating Lurk Mode*

I share similar feelings towards stealth classes but I'm sure with balance there can be positives for those who want it without it ending being OP and nerfed later on!

3e1fe97e6f8cb8b5d3e53745cdedd75a67909c97

Follow Us On Twitter ~ @SerratedGuild

Crowfall_Female_Ranger_Concept-837x1024.

The Ranger makes me want to empty my Bank account.

All in all, an amazing update. I've been following MMORPGs for years and have never witnessed such an open environment when it comes to development. Really excited to see things coming along so well. While the Crafting game interests me the most, I was always planning to roll a Ranger. I had a Ranger / Bio-Engineer (Hybrid) in SWG once and I loved it. However, the Crowfall Ranger seems far and away different. Kinda like a Ranged, Stealth, Bounty Hunter. The "Sniper" mechanics, along with Traps and Stealth detection, seem to make this class a really well rounded and valuable option. Really can't wait to see her in action!

I wonder if they will ever add the Wolf pet?

Cp0geLN.png

A division of Gorath Industries, LLC

I'd bet you'll be able to add a wolf as a discipline. Shadowbane had a similar runestone. Bounty Hunter I think it was.

I think it was huntsman, but the discipline pets were always weak, hopefully if they get added to CF they'll be useful somehow.

I think it was huntsman, but the discipline pets were always weak, hopefully if they get added to CF they'll be useful somehow.

Yeah, that sounds right. Bounty Hunter gave tracking.

I'd rather see pets have a use other than just for combat. If we are going to have falconry, let players use their falcon to scout. Maybe wolves would help with anti-stealth. 

Yeah, that sounds right. Bounty Hunter gave tracking.

I'd rather see pets have a use other than just for combat. If we are going to have falconry, let players use their falcon to scout. Maybe wolves would help with anti-stealth.

Agree. An "eyes of the eagle" (or falcon) that could be shot down but fly over and scout could be cool. Perhaps wolves could do what you mention, or/also they could help with survival aspects, like food (falcon could as well).

i meant balance by ex abilities, movement, character animation and skills :)

If ranger have range of 1000m that's way too op, feels like a sniper rifle range shooting from long distances. :D

long range is fine aslong as arrows dont fly stright, if u have to deal with arrow drop it be fine. much harder to aim long distances with arrow drop and projectiles that u have to aim where u think there gonna be. Sniper projectiles move substantly faster than an arrow so it makes it rather difficult to aim :)

Veeshan Midst of UXA

long range is fine aslong as arrows dont fly stright, if u have to deal with arrow drop it be fine. much harder to aim long distances with arrow drop and projectiles that u have to aim where u think there gonna be. Sniper projectiles move substantly faster than an arrow so it makes it rather difficult to aim :)

spells cast in a straight line though. If bows aimed on a curve it would gimp them in comparison to spells.

in some of the test videos i see melee people missing a lot...let alone a bow.

ezgzn8.jpg