Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caenth

Crowfall opens EU servers

Sources:

Looks to me ACE is publishing Crowfall themselves in Europe with help of Andreas Weidenhaupt. As one of the Co-founders of Frogster Online Gaming for many people this will raise questions and concerns.

For me, as long as ACE publishes the game themselves with only the advice of Weidenhaupt and not published by Gameforge (they bought Frogster few years ago) I'm fine with this. I think this is good news!

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Sources:

Looks to me ACE is publishing Crowfall themselves in Europe with help of Andreas Weidenhaupt. As one of the Co-founders of Frogster Online Gaming for many people this will raise questions and concerns.

For me, as long as ACE publishes the game themselves with only the advice of Weidenhaupt and not published by Gameforge (they bought Frogster few years ago) I'm fine with this. I think this is good news!

I did advice them too ! I said don't publish it by gameforge!!!!!!!!!!! :D but hey they would listen to those who have experiences ^^

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

In all the articles I read so far I didn't read anything that Gameforge/Frogster will publish the game. They're all talking about Weidenhaupt being an advisor only. So no need to panic just yet.  :) 

ZCcquVD.png

What?!

Honestly.

CD Projekt and Paradox Interactive are well known, international companys, who could and would help anytime, and that with best honest intentions.

Why?!   Why not ask the good guys?

Why you went with the germans?!

....................................................................... .

<_<

I mean honestly.

CD Projekt and Paradox Interactive are by far the most fair companys in gaming industry.

This is basic sense.

CD Projekt got with gog.com and own website and platform like Steam.

They can help so much better and more.

Did you even call them?

gog.com will be in a few years getting bigger and bigger, you know?

They gonna succeed and become as big as steam, because they are much more in the customers intentions.

For example, if you buy a "game" at steam, you dont buy a game. You buy a license to play a game through the steam services.

If you buy a game at gog.com you get a game, which you own, like 10 years ago from the local store. You become the owner of this game, which you can play without internet or gog.com or Steam.

Its totally free of any of these stupid publisher restrictions, not allowing you to play the game when Steam goes bankrupt or you got no internet, or you dont want to give the publisher your emailadress, just to be able to play the game.

If you buy a game from gog.com you become owner of a game which you can play forever and you can copy it too if you want.

Freedom of the customer.

And if you got an old game which doesnt run on the new Windows 7, you can get the game on gog.com for free if you can confirm you got a copy of this game.

Thats how awesome CD Projekt and gog.com is!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Co-founder and President Gordon Walton said, "Andreas’ knowledge of the European MMO landscape has already proven to be invaluable in a very short time. We are fortunate to have someone of his caliber join our team as a means to demonstrate our commitment to Crowfall in the EU.”

<_<

Value is individual very subjectiv I guess.

Commitment to Crowfall in the EU isnt going to the germans and shaking hands.

For example, show me one german publisher which the people like or better said dont despite.

Yes exactly... .

We have so energic, wonderful, support-worthy companies in europe.

But not in germany!

Why not?! Well just read the news today about Volkswagen, maybe?!

This is really nothing new...

Big Minus ACE

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I rly hope this is BS. Gameforge ( or it sub-companies obviously) is like.. worst possible choice from all the choices ?:D

Please don't tell me that poorly made socks is gonna publish Crowfall. 

I rly hope this is BS. Gameforge ( or it sub-companies obviously) is like.. worst possible choice from all the choices ? :D

Please don't tell me that poorly made socks is gonna publish Crowfall. 

Did you even read the articles? I'm guessing you didn't, because nowhere it is mentioned Gameforge is going to publish Crowfall.

ZCcquVD.png

Well, getting widly known figure as Andreas Weidenhaupt who is affiliated with Gamefore by sub-company on board, is like very good indicative of thing to come ?

Obviously they didn't say " Hey gameforge will do the pub" but, you know some common sense and conclusion drawing ability certainly shows in Gameforge side.

And I just hope it's not true, that is all.

If it is anything gameforge related i wil stick to the NA version of the game to avoid them at all costs.

Nothing is gameforge related as of current state and Andreas seems to be a quite good choice for the Job.

If things go smoothly and a lot of people get interested in the game in Europe Ace is going to publish it in Europe themselves, no publisher has been chosen yet. Nothing to fear from gameforge yet.

Edited by Zola

There are really many unwanted, unappreciated game publishers around these days (still).

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.