Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall game server opens in EU, Andreas joins the team - Official discussion thread

Pann

There are multiple articles on this already and while it's a bit unclear, they never say the game is going to be published by Frogster/Gameforge. Weidenhaupt is being hired as an advisor only. A bit more clarification on ACE's part would definitely remove a lot of concerns on this though!

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Hello fellow Crows,

I am here to support ArtCraft as much as possible in Europe. In a perfect world we will publish Crowfall on our own. I say "in a perfect world" because we need you, our fans, to make this happen. The visibility of Crowfall in Europe is not strong, we have to change this. To open up the test server in Europe is the right signal! I can't promise you anything at the moment, but I am here to put things on the right track.

Andreas

Oh no!! Gameforge naaaaahhrgg!!! don't say that name...that name is the black mark of the death of all mmo!!! that is the mother of pay to win!! :o

Lol Love the Euro insight.

I think they are just there to help spread the word and assist with CF getting a foothold in the EU.

Don't think they'll have say over the business model Ace has set up. Gordon has said they only want to partner with people that understands their goals and agree to Ace practices.

Edited by Keaggan

ACE likes to play with the fire it seems.

I am really very well informed about gaming and I know a lot.

I am into gaming almost 2 decades by now and never heard of this guy.

From the article you get the impression he is some kind of the Miyamoto of europe for MMO-gaming.

If this is the case, then maybe I am dumb, could be so, who knows.

Never heard of this person, if he would have such reputation, you wouldnt have to introduce him this way, I guess.

We have so energic, wonderful, support-worthy companies in europe.

CD Projekt and Paradox Interactive are well known, international companys, who could and would help anytime, and that with best honest intentions.

Why?!   Why not ask the good guys?

CD Projekt got with gog.com an own website and platform like Steam.

Demonstrating your commitment to Crowfall in the EU isnt going to play with the fire... .

The people/gamers arent allergic to the german publishers for no reasons.

Just read the news, today its Volkswagen for example... .

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I am confused.

It seems like the dude is an EU adviser for ACE.. . Does this mean that ACE will publish EU themselves at launch, or is his involvement only for the pre-alpha EU servers? It would be a waste of money to hire a guy to consult on EU integration if the company didn't intend to publish in the region.

I am confused as well.

Publishing in europe cant be this difficult that you need an extra consultant for that.

Just give CD Projekt a call.

Shouldnt be this kind of an incredible task.

All other companys are able to publish in europe as well.

Ok, MMO is a bit different, but well, today so many games with singleplayer only even run on servers.

I think the best way to garner interest in Europe is to promise them you still stay away from Gameforge. I might even suggest having the next stretch goal be to allow ACE to self publish in Europe. That sort of trust and effort will go a long way with our European friends. :) They've been screwed over too many times on too many otherwise good games.

Edited by Leiloni

ACE likes to play with the fire it seems.

I am really very well informed about gaming and I know a lot.

I am into gaming almost 2 decades by now and never heard of this guy.

From the article you get the impression he is some kind of the Miyamoto of europe for MMO-gaming.

If this is the case, then maybe I am dumb, could be so, who knows.

Never heard of this person, if he would have such reputation, you wouldnt have to introduce him this way, I guess.

We have so energic, wonderful, support-worthy companies in europe.

CD Projekt and Paradox Interactive are well known, international companys, who could and would help anytime, and that with best honest intentions.

Why?!   Why not ask the good guys?

CD Projekt got with gog.com and own website and platform like Steam.

Demonstrating your commitment to Crowfall in the EU isnt going to play with the fire... .

The people/gamers arent allergic to the german publishers for no reasons.

Just read the news, today its Volkswagen for example... .

I found this.. click here an old interview, I don't really know him also but this video must watch.

I think they took him in cause he share the same vision of CF, watch the entire video.

I am confused.

It seems like the dude is an EU adviser for ACE.. . Does this mean that ACE will publish EU themselves at launch, or is his involvement only for the pre-alpha EU servers? It would be a waste of money to hire a guy to consult on EU integration if the company didn't intend to publish in the region.

I am confused as well, I hope some clearness will be made up.

I am confused as well.

Publishing in europe cant be this difficult that you need an extra consultant for that.

Just give CD Projekt a call.

Shouldnt be this kind of an incredible task.

All other companys are able to publish in europe as well.

Ok, MMO is a bit different, but well, today so many games with singleplayer only even run on servers.

I do agree CD Projekt Red wouldn't say no if Gordon give em a call :D.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Hello fellow Crows,

I am here to support ArtCraft as much as possible in Europe. In a perfect world we will publish Crowfall on our own. I say "in a perfect world" because we need you, our fans, to make this happen. The visibility of Crowfall in Europe is not strong, we have to change this. To open up the test server in Europe is the right signal! I can't promise you anything at the moment, but I am here to put things on the right track.

Andreas

Excuse the question ...

you're one of GameForge?

I believe that on youtube there's a song that represents the primary goal of your company (at the expense of everything else ... of course)

find it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r5byXcQMGg

First of all - each EU Publisher can be a potential partner as the one with the rights to a product will dictate the general rules. If both publisher and dev come to an agreement then there is the publisher. If GameForge would decide to agree to all terms then why not go with them if they can reach a potential agreement somehow. 

However I'm not quite sure how they will or would handle the situation with an external publisher. 

People who pledged here already got at least their digital copy of the game. Some others got at least some VIP tickets for some months and let's not speak of those with several months or even years of VIP up, though that's not the majority. 

Same with the ingame assets. Up to a certain point every $ goes to ArtCraft, not to the publisher. And at least till the majority of development is done, it will stay that way - possibly till the release of the core module. 

So to me a external publisher will not gain anything till they released the core module. And after that the question is how they will handle the b2p, p2p and cs thing.

So in summary I'm not really sure if publishing it on an external basis is going to be that easy - though I don't really know if my assumptions are right. Still self-publishing would be the easiest (and the most preferred option player-wise). 

Another questions raised here: 

this is for the EU but basically you can reroll all that for the Asian Market as well. Wonder how that will work out. Because I can really see the thread spam when they announce ACE publishes EU but goes for an external publisher in the Asian Market. Well... let's see where it goes. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I found this.. click here an old interview, I don't really know him also but this video must watch.

I think they took him in cause he share the same vision of CF, watch the entire video.

Nah, this cant be.

Germans send you to the doctor if you got visions.

So there are no visions in germany to be had.

People who have visions should go see a doctor. - Helmut Schmidt - Former Chancellor of (West) Germany

Edited by Urahara

And what MMO's have cd project published in the past?

Lemme guess, none?

Just because they published TW3, does not make them a great publisher for a pvp mmo.

You misunderstand.

CD Projekt doesnt need to have already published one MMO for 2 reasons.

Because I never said CD Projekt needs to be the publisher in the first place.

CD Projekt got the infrastructure and experience/know-how needed by ACE to publish this MMO in europe.

So they are just providing the infrastructure and deal or help to deal with the law issues.

Offering with gog.com an own website and platform like Steam, this wouldnt be a problem.

If you would have taken a look at this you would have understood.

Edited by Urahara

If you would have taken a look at this you would have understood.

I understand completely.

But what you are wishing for is a pipe-dream.

There is no way a publisher would just "help out" a small studio creating an MMO.

They would want licensing and host the game themselves.

And we are not even talking about the GOG fees per sale ACE would have to give up to have it on their site.

This is a good intention, but poorly thought out.  

I'm most happy to hear that Servers are opening in the EU, there had been nothing worse in the past then a lot of european publishers...

I'm actually glad to see Andreas on their side and if Ace has trust in them so shall I.

He had may been part of companies with a bad reputation among gamers,

but seeing that he shares Ace Vision gives me hope for a fruitfull future interaction.

If there is help required to bring Crowfall to the EU under Ace publishing,

then by all means count me in!