Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Muhrder

Since I was informed to do so

Revealing IPs hasn't worked out for you in the past, adoll. And only noobs use the same IP for alts, adoll.

Not going to deny or admit it since it's irrelevant to the topic, but revealing IP's to the public/abusing admin powers and having a mod/dev ban your IP are two different things, but if you want to get poorly made socks started go ahead headlight. 

Not going to deny or admit it since it's irrelevant to the topic, but revealing IP's to the public/abusing admin powers and having a mod/dev ban your IP are two different things, but if you want to get poorly made socks started go ahead headlight. 

Would love to see the quote where the exact IP was revealed to the public. Waiting on those socks.

Without referring to any specific individual, I would like to propose that after a sweeping change to the forum rules of conduct such as we recently experienced, it would be good policy for ALL extant bans to be reviewed.

The forums started in somewhat of a wild west mode and some moderation activity may have been frontier justice. That's understandable given the immature state of the policy library and the moderation community at that time; however, now that things have aged and stabilized somewhat, perhaps some of the collateral damage of those early days can be revisited and corrected.

And at the same time, now that some of the initial, mistaken assumptions about the nature of ACE's intended community environment have been clearly dispelled, perhaps some of the people who were banned due to legitimate misunderstanding or nonclarity of how to appropriately forums here would behave very differently if given another opportunity to participate.

So, this is my suggestion that all currently banned accounts be given, not necessarily a second chance, but at least a second look.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I am totally open to reviewing any ban or warning, but the request has to be made in accordance with our policies, specifically: the request has to come directly from the account holder via support@artcraftent.com; further, for bans, it has to be 90 days after the ban was issued. 

Regarding IP addresses being outed, that's about to change. We're going to implement a tool that will prevent volunteer moderators from seeing anyone's IP address. This is why the current mods haven't been rotated out yet. No point in bringing in the new ones when that change is about to happen. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I am totally open to reviewing any ban or warning, but the request has to be made in accordance with our policies, specifically: the request has to come directly from the account holder via support@artcraftent.com; further, for bans, it has to be 90 days after the ban was issued. 

Regarding IP addresses being outed, that's about to change. We're going to implement a tool that will prevent volunteer moderators from seeing anyone's IP address. This is why the current mods haven't been rotated out yet. No point in bringing in the new ones when that change is about to happen. 

Would like to clarify -- the IP thing he's complaining about happened completely off-site between two different fan sites and nothing to do with Crowfall IPs.

There was a guy on this forum wanting his warning strikes back.

That was really funny.   :D

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

@headlight: Yes, I remember that was a thing, but there have also complaints/concerns about the vol mods here being able to see IP addresses. 

IP addresses aren't a big deal, and if it is that big of a deal, do some research and setup a some of that vpn proxy hoodoo voodoo. 

well if I had multiple accounts which I do and was using one for spy purposes the mods would know which accounts were mine...  This is why I only post on this account...

The problem with Bill Cosby waving around his magic wiener is you're usually passed out when it happens.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

IP addresses aren't a big deal, and if it is that big of a deal, do some research and setup a some of that vpn proxy hoodoo voodoo. 

Yeah, they really aren't, but we understand that it's still a concern some people have and it's a simple enough thing for us to set up, so why not? 

Yeah, they really aren't, but we understand that it's still a concern some people have and it's a simple enough thing for us to set up, so why not? 

Thank you for that honestly, I've been DDOS'd before and it aint that much fun.

gCWxS8u.jpg

you can find someone's address with just their IP so that is kind of a big deal.

Is not that I try to be mean, I just don't care to "baby" people....

#Alpha 1

Yea headlight, you know why I was concerned? it was because you or someone else (can't remember excatly) threatened to use my IP against me. Not only was this an abuse of power, but since I knew some people like to 'troll' in real life, then it could cause problems for me. So, yes it was a big deal for me because even if you were joking, I don't know who you are and who you would share my IP/address with... However, that was all settled months ago as I talked to Valor about it and he promised me that it was not given to anyone and you were just looking start something with me... Isn't it funny how you like to create drama? 

Edited by zero2none

Did he pinky promise?

Well no, but he isn't that childish, I hope. He seems like a reasonable guy and I don't think he would lie about that, but I can see how you would like to screw with his image. Since you haven't had the greatest relationship with him considering what he told me about the controversy prior to the creation of theDregs and AngryCrows fansites. 

Well no, but he isn't that childish, I hope. He seems like a reasonable guy and I don't think he would lie about that, but I can see how you would like to screw with his image. Since you haven't had the greatest relationship with him considering what he told me about the controversy prior to the creation of theDregs and AngryCrows fansites. 

I just moderate the site bub...all I know is what I've seen or pushed down to me from management.

I just moderate the site bub...all I know is what I've seen or pushed down to me from management.

That was a fast reply; good to know you're awake. It might not be you in particular that he talked about, but since you allocate yourself with the Dregs and support it, gives you enough reason to target your 'competitor'. 

Edit; enough said; this has gone off topic too much... 

Edited by zero2none

Yea, because valor is sincerely interested in the success of crowfall i believe him when he says angrycrows isn't messing around with IPs....

Thedregs on the other hand has already proven that they do....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir