Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since I was informed to do so

I can smell the bum-sweat from all the rectum-licking you are doing.

IP's means nothing, I don't know why you got so insulted over it.

Said like someone who doesn't know what you can do with an IP....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Comments like these won't help you anyway. There's usually a reason why someone is banned, and most of the time the general public doesn't know or care about it, so I must ask; what make's your "comra

The problem with Bill Cosby waving around his magic wiener is you're usually passed out when it happens.

I want Primal bae back into my life.

I don't think everyone is able to change their IP address that easily.  Many ISPs lock you to a fixed address even when DHCP is being used. 

I think too many people are much too worried about what people can actually -do- with an ip. Your typical "hacker" is a script kiddie who purchased a DoS program that simply makes DoS idiot proof. So the most they can do is DoS you. which unplugging your router and replugging in it fixes it 99% of the time. If you have an ISP that assigns a static ip address. Simply a quick call to report an outage and your ISP notices the DoS attack and assigns your router a new IP and asks you restart it. 

So the next level. People who can conduct a DDoS attack. Again. All they can do is hit your internet line. Thus follow steps above. 

One in one hundred million "hackers" can actually hack. A majority of the folks who can actually do something with an IP address that you folks should be worried about aren't going to be found playing Crowfall. :) 

xctwLnf.png

I don't think everyone is able to change their IP address that easily.  Many ISPs lock you to a fixed address even when DHCP is being used. 

This is correct... Also I think people are a bit naive on the matter... they themselves may never have experienced any real IP related issues... but professional gamers and/or streamers consistently have problems with these things...

This is correct... Also I think people are a bit naive on the matter... they themselves may never have experienced any real IP related issues... but professional gamers and/or streamers consistently have problems with these things...

Seeing as no one here is a professional gamer or streamer. Doesn't look to be a problem. I understand you're under some delusion that either means a lick to a sandbox MMO. But professional streamers play the easy mode games. Professional gamers get paid to play easy mode games. Sandbox indie MMOs are not the playground of -actual- hackers. At best you have some silly script kiddies who couldn't maintain a botnet if their lives depended on it. 

So yes. They're overtly silly on their fear of their IP address getting into someone's hands. But irrational people can't really be rationalized with. As we've all learned from having conversations with you. :)

xctwLnf.png

Seeing as no one here is a professional gamer or streamer. Doesn't look to be a problem. I understand you're under some delusion that either means a lick to a sandbox MMO. But professional streamers play the easy mode games. Professional gamers get paid to play easy mode games. Sandbox indie MMOs are not the playground of -actual- hackers. At best you have some silly script kiddies who couldn't maintain a botnet if their lives depended on it. 

So yes. They're overtly silly on their fear of their IP address getting into someone's hands. But irrational people can't really be rationalized with. As we've all learned from having conversations with you. :)

That's odd because last I heard ACE was trying to get big time streamers on board with their game...

The rest of your post is just based on assumptions that I don't believe reflect how things actually are... cheers!

Gaming culture has really changed over the past few years. DDOSing used to be a pretty rare thing to see happen but now it's EVERYWHERE. You see big companies getting DDOSed, streamers, tournaments, and other players.

Even games you wouldn't expect like Minecraft have huge amounts of people that DDOS each other and its even become a business for people that make these "booters". 

DDOSing in WoW arenas used to be a pretty rare thing back in BC/WOTLK and now in WoD it's an accepted thing that just happens now. Most high rated players take a lot of precautions to make sure their IP is hidden.

I personally wouldn't use a website where people I couldn't trust had access to my IP. I used to be a full time Streamer/YouTuber for 5 years and I've seen this DDOS thing really evolve. If you have someone who really knows what they're doing it's very hard to shake them. There's a podcast called PKA who's owner was literally an IT professional for Cisco and ended up having to spend $10,000 to mitigate DDOS attacks and still ended up having problems getting knocked off. 

Edited by Zybak

That's odd because last I heard ACE was trying to get big time streamers on board with their game...

The rest of your post is just based on assumptions that I don't believe reflect how things actually are... cheers!

Outside of TMC's official stream and docgotgame. There aren't many big name MMO streamers. Obviously no one cares about the world of warcraft riffraff that pull big numbers because they have plunging cleavage or the fact that world of warcraft is one of the easiest MMOs to master on the market. 

But Doc playing this game would be a good thing. He's one of the few MMO streamers worth watching. The rest? Meh. They're quite bad. But ACE isn't going to pull League streamers or CS:GO streamers away from their moneymakers to play this game. Let's be realistic here. If their marketing department's big master plan was to attract "big streamers." Might be time to hire a new marketing department. 

As for the rest of your post. It's based on your delusions of the narrative you have created. 

xctwLnf.png

Gaming culture has really changed over the past few years. DDOSing used to be a pretty rare thing to see happen but now it's EVERYWHERE. You see big companies getting DDOSed, streamers, tournaments, and other players.

Even games you wouldn't expect like Minecraft have huge amounts of people that DDOS each other and its even become a business for people that make these "booters". 

DDOSing in WoW arenas used to be a pretty rare thing back in BC/WOTLK and now in WoD it's an accepted thing that just happens now. Most high rated players take a lot of precautions to make sure their IP is hidden.

I personally wouldn't use a website where people I couldn't trust had access to my IP. I used to be a full time Streamer/YouTuber for 5 years and I've seen this DDOS thing really evolve. If you have someone who really knows what they're doing it's very hard to shake them. There's a podcast called PKA who's owner was literally an IT professional for Cisco and ended up having to spend $10,000 to mitigate DDOS attacks and still ended up having problems getting knocked off. 

Just goes to show that money doesn't buy competence. If he had been a "professional" He'd be more capable of mitigating a DDoS attack. Spending 10k in services and attempts to mitigate it is absurd. 

xctwLnf.png

Just goes to show that money doesn't buy competence. If he had been a "professional" He'd be more capable of mitigating a DDoS attack. Spending 10k in services and attempts to mitigate it is absurd. 

You honestly have no idea what it's like to have someone who knows what they're doing go after you. Until you've been in the public eye you really have no idea. A lot of big streamers that have been targeted literally have multiple internet connections with some of them being only used for streaming so people can't get their IPs through exploits from other websites.

It's a completely different ballgame for people with millions of YouTube subscribers and big Twitch streamers. 

Also I guess the people that work for Riot, Blizzard, and Wall Street are just morons that need to get a VPN LMAO.

Edited by Zybak

A 1 second google search will turn up hundreds of websites dedicated to step-by-step tutorials for IP exploitation. You don't need to be a professional. An IP address also has potentially more personal information attached to it than a phone number. 

I support making it as difficult as possible to find.

That being said, I assume there's some kind of screening process for moderation and would hope that the people chosen wouldn't be that level of hooligan.

wow, carebears are out screaming bloody murder about something as irrelevant as IP.

Fox News has really penetrated your anus hard and brainwashed you into thinking getting an IP means the end of the world.

It takes one phonecall to your ISP with a legitimate consern and they will change your IP in seconds (I have done it in the past). Scriptkiddies are braindead neckbeards acting like they know how to hack, but just simple prevention will stop them in their tracks.

How much work that is depends on your provider. Our biggest ISPs are some our most hated companies for customer support in the US. Ideally, avoiding your IP being revealed is preferable to having to do that in the first place. I'm not too worried about it, but there's no reason not to avoid disclosing addresses where possible - especially given how awful the firmware is on most home routers.

wow, carebears are out screaming bloody murder about something as irrelevant as IP.

Fox News has really penetrated your anus hard and brainwashed you into thinking getting an IP means the end of the world.

It takes one phonecall to your ISP with a legitimate consern and they will change your IP in seconds (I have done it in the past). Scriptkiddies are braindead neckbeards acting like they know how to hack, but just simple prevention will stop them in their tracks.

Yea we all know how easy it is to get ahold of your ISP... :rolls eyes:

Yea we all know how easy it is to get ahold of your ISP... :rolls eyes:

Its actually pretty easy, I have done it 2-3 times.

Not my fault you got a bad service provider. perhaps you should think about changing.

Its actually pretty easy, I have done it 2-3 times.

Not my fault you got a bad service provider. perhaps you should think about changing.

I think it's good to understand how big markets operate and not to assume everything operates like some mom and pop bed and bath...

How much work that is depends on your provider. Our biggest ISPs are some our most hated companies for customer support in the US. Ideally, avoiding your IP being revealed is preferable to having to do that in the first place. I'm not too worried about it, but there's no reason not to avoid disclosing addresses where possible - especially given how awful the firmware is on most home routers.

Its simple. If you dont want anyone to get a hold of your IP, dont stay on the net.

Being in a constant paranoia over IP's is not healthy, especially when IP's arent even that big of a deal anyways.

Some people aided by Fox News and other right wing media has this notion that IP = SSN.

I think it's good to understand how big markets operate and not to assume everything operates like some mom and pop bed and bath...

Or just change to a provider that actually answers the phone.

Its simple. If you dont want anyone to get a hold of your IP, dont stay on the net.

Being in a constant paranoia over IP's is not healthy, especially when IP's arent even that big of a deal anyways.

Some people aided by Fox News and other right wing media has this notion that IP = SSN.

Or just change to a provider that actually answers the phone.

The US Broadband market has very little competition. Most people have one choice of provider over 5 Mbps last I saw data. You're right that people shouldn't be paranoid about their IP, but it also doesn't mean you should be inviting people to screw with you. I have confidence that you are aware that not using the Internet is not a real option.

Again, no it's not a big deal, until it is. It's like a violation of some kind of safety code. It's *never* a big deal until it is. Most people here shouldn't worry, though.

Edit: this is a bit off topic at this point. Just wanted to present the other side of the argument.

Edited by yamix