Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

Political discussions

Given politics will be the single greatest driver of Crowfall and in games like Shadowbane the forums were a huge part of game politics when will we have political forums available to us?

I believe we were once told these were in the works yet we are still without a subforum.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Its okay Pann I got you. We don't even need a lawyer for this one.

Sub forum called Political Discussions. Changes to the RoC for subforum: allow guild and player trash talk. Still disallow personal attacks, racism, and all that good stuff.

We all win. Lantern Watches thread remains unlocked. You get to quarantine the trolls on one board.

Order is restored to the galaxy. Balance returns to the Force.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Its okay Pann I got you. We don't even need a lawyer for this one.

Sub forum called Political Discussions. Changes to the RoC for subforum: allow guild and player trash talk. Still disallow personal attacks, racism, and all that good stuff.

We all win. Lantern Watches thread remains unlocked. You get to quarantine the trolls on one board.

Order is restored to the galaxy. Balance returns to the Force.

...or you could just keep yer petty attempts at trolling on an offsite forum since their intentions are to obviously not condone it here.

Shameless www.thedregs.net plug

...or you could just keep yer petty attempts at trolling on an offsite forum since their intentions are to obviously not condone it here.

Shameless www.thedregs.net plug

the problem of that is the unwilling participants of the meta gaming will simply not respond. I'm a member of TD and all. poorly made socks is cool and all. But one sided meta gaming is boring as hell. 

I bring up something I legitimately want to see happen and Panns reaction is to +1 the guy who is calling me a troll. Okay.

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

I bring up something I legitimately want to see happen and Panns reaction is to +1 the guy who is calling me a troll. Okay.

This forum has been around for over 9 months and it's pretty clear which direction they're going in. I don't agree with it either and it's.... unfortunate.... that unofficial forums are a necessity for the political banter we're used to. I didn't expect a +1 from Pann...my usual forum dialogue is counter to what they are so strongly trying to enforce here...but I'm wise enough to face the reality of the situation. At this point I don't think they're going to budge and your attempts look like whining....which is pretty unbecoming for an old board warrior.

I guess I expect too much of our crowd...yer supposed to be rowing the boat...not creating the lake.

the problem of that is the unwilling participants of the meta gaming will simply not respond. I'm a member of TD and all. poorly made socks is cool and all. But one sided meta gaming is boring as hell. 

I'm sure this will change with the release of the game. It is designed in a way that the hardcore folks won't necessarily mingle with the softies so yer participants are going to be of the same mindset...not cherry picking the carebear stragglers for forumbaning.

***Assuming the game is worth playing, which is unlikely***

Game will launch someday (some fun stuff may start in beta), people are going to trash talk each other on the forums, regardless of whether or not the mods say not to. Threads will get created, pictures linked, trash talked, threads locked, threads re-created, threads locked some more, some downtime, new stuff, new threads. I suppose the CMs would prefer that in guild recruitment threads, the general discussion and such, that's their choice. Can't stop it.

Edited by Sciocco

***Assuming the game is worth playing, which is unlikely***

LOL That is the most bizarre thing I've seen. If I thought I was not going to have fun in a game I wouldn't make an account for the forums just to say I'll be bored with it. 

You'll never catch me making a Halo or WoW account...because they both bore and irritate me to no end.

I'm sure this will change with the release of the game. It is designed in a way that the hardcore folks won't necessarily mingle with the softies so yer participants are going to be of the same mindset...not cherry picking the carebear stragglers for forumbaning.

I can understand that. But I've played PvP centric sandboxes all my life and to be honest. Protecting the softies from the "harsh"reality of this type of community before launch could possibly lead to a lot of refund demands and forums drama that could be avoided. Afterall. If I'm claiming I'm making a niche PvP centric sandbox MMO. I'd prefer that my playerbase I'm targetting back my game. Not the typical game hoppers that originated in World of Warcraft and spread like a plague across other games. They come to these kickstarters because a news site told them. They back it. Then they demand features they had in World of Warcraft. Then either demand a refund and leave. So wouldn't it behoove ACE to allow the forums community to act as it naturally world to draw in the old Shadowbane, SWG, UO, AO, DAoC, and Darkfall fans that is there target audience anyways? I'm sure that if we had a way of measuring a metric. The forums here in their current iteration scare off a lot more of the typical playerbase this game is made for than a few meta gaming Forumfall fellows do. I do not agree with the draconian rules either. But I also agree that complaints about it at this point seem like whining. For the simple fact that it seems ACE would prefer to have carebears on its forums and it simply trusts in the fact that the rest of us are starved for this type of game that we'll hang on through the utter nonsense that is this forum until launch. With that being said. I only follow common sense rules and the carebear protection clauses inserted in the RoC can take a spin on my hooligan.  

I can understand that. But I've played PvP centric sandboxes all my life and to be honest. Protecting the softies from the "harsh"reality of this type of community before launch could possibly lead to a lot of refund demands and forums drama that could be avoided. Afterall. If I'm claiming I'm making a niche PvP centric sandbox MMO. I'd prefer that my playerbase I'm targetting back my game. Not the typical game hoppers that originated in World of Warcraft and spread like a plague across other games. They come to these kickstarters because a news site told them. They back it. Then they demand features they had in World of Warcraft. Then either demand a refund and leave. So wouldn't it behoove ACE to allow the forums community to act as it naturally world to draw in the old Shadowbane, SWG, UO, AO, DAoC, and Darkfall fans that is there target audience anyways? I'm sure that if we had a way of measuring a metric. The forums here in their current iteration scare off a lot more of the typical playerbase this game is made for than a few meta gaming Forumfall fellows do. I do not agree with the draconian rules either. But I also agree that complaints about it at this point seem like whining. For the simple fact that it seems ACE would prefer to have carebears on its forums and it simply trusts in the fact that the rest of us are starved for this type of game that we'll hang on through the utter nonsense that is this forum until launch. With that being said. I only follow common sense rules and the carebear protection clauses inserted in the RoC can take a spin on my hooligan.  

I'm not disagreeing

I advocated for political forums for a long time.  I believe that the support of political interaction to allow the persistence of conflict within the game to proceed through discussion during the day and then be birthed again into the game that night is what would elevate Crowfall into something of legend.  I agree that the most ideal way is for Artcraft to reverse their position on the moderation practices of the forum in order to support the depth of conflict that will arise, but this was squashed quite some time ago.

ACE has made it quite apparent that these forums will be operated in a manner that is respectable to the outside community.  These forums will be friendly and welcoming to new members.  These forums will not house maliciousness being directed toward any of its members.  These forums will not accommodate what we have come to know as "forumfall".

They have made mention of allowing guilds to create private subforums that they can manage themselves and invite anyone they want to.  From what I can foresee, this will simply turn into power-plays for guilds and at the end of the day, the system will cause more consternation for ACE and those who use it than if they didn't exist to begin with.  I respect your request CYT, but they've spent so much time and money on setting these forums up to not support it, that I can't imaging them investing money to revert back to a state that would accommodate such a request.

LOL That is the most bizarre thing I've seen. If I thought I was not going to have fun in a game I wouldn't make an account for the forums just to say I'll be bored with it. 

You'll never catch me making a Halo or WoW account...because they both bore and irritate me to no end.

I'm just a pessimist man. I hope the game is at least decent, I hope it is better than that really, but I'll never get my hopes up, and I'll never believe until I'm standing over someone's corpse thinking that I've just enjoyed the past x number of hours and I'm going the next x number of hours. Plus it was only $5, that aint nothing, not even a Wawa hoagie. What are the chances this game manages to be decent? The odds are stacked way against. I don't think posting on the forums is weird though, sometimes you have to post to learn.

So what you're saying is that it's a bad idea because it doesn't force unwilling participants to participate?

ROFL at the mention of refunds. ACE has the buy-in money. Go sue them trying to get a refund and generate more advertising, please!

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Generally, I agree with Valor here. The general forums are probably the first thing that a lot of new players will see when they come across the community for the first time. To put it in analogous terms, the local Jazz club isn't going to put a sign on the front door for the illegal speakeasy downstairs.

You have to level up before you can kill the final boss. 

You were right to call me out on that, CYT, and I sincerely apologize. I did not read the text fully and missed the direct shot; as I read it, it was a general statement about a lot of people's poor behavior that I've been cleaning up for the last several hours tonight. Please forgive me. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community