Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

Political discussions

$5 to play forumfall and not the actual game? Great deal I guess...

Or you know, $5 to post some. If they make it decent they'll get some more, I may grab 2015 $170 or $100 if it looks like they are going to move in the right direction combat wise, but that's still pending. I haven't even been involved in any BSing*, nor do I have any WPs, so thanks for your thoughtless response.

Edited by Sciocco

gCWxS8u.jpg

Or you know, $5 to post some. If they make it decent they'll get some more, I may grab 2015 $170 or $100 if it looks like they are going to move in the right direction combat wise, but that's still pending. I haven't even been involved in any BSing*, nor do I have any WPs, so thanks for your thoughtless response.

How was it thoughtless, it was a direct response to your $5 to play the game comment. Good to know that you're keeping out of trouble here though...

Edited by zero2none

How was it thoughtless, it was a direct response to your $5 to play the game comment. Good to know that you're keeping out of trouble here though...

It's $5 to post here. I payed $5 so I can post here and learn about the game and then decide if I want to get it. I can't relate to those drops hundreds or thousands on a game just by watching a video from the developers, "we're gonna make a great game guys" and reading some articles. This is off-topic though.

OnT: Trash talking will take place all over the forums.

gCWxS8u.jpg

You were right to call me out on that, CYT, and I sincerely apologize. I did not read the text fully and missed the direct shot; as I read it, it was a general statement about a lot of people's poor behavior that I've been cleaning up for the last several hours tonight. Please forgive me. 

I don't apologize. CYT is definitely a petty troll who missed his window of opportunity to go full blown trolluminati like the rest of us because he was on the trail. Now he's bored, but the ship has sailed. He refused to evolve and instead of testing the fences, he's resorted to peeing on them. Turn on the electricity and let him get the shock he's looking for, imo.

It's $5 to post here. I payed $5 so I can post here and learn about the game and then decide if I want to get it. I can't relate to those drops hundreds or thousands on a game just by watching a video from the developers, "we're gonna make a great game guys" and reading some articles. This is off-topic though.

Good strategy, I have nothing bad to say about it because it's smart. I don't know about the others, I certainly couldn't see myself spending $500+ on the game at the moment, but I kinda did get pressured by my guild into buying a AU$200 pack to get into Alpha 2, and not because I watched a video or read some articles. Anyway, I agree this has gone off-topic; could have been avoided if there was no response to my first comment, oh well. 

Edited by zero2none

lol if the mods here think im going to visit that terrible offsite so they can drop some day 0 flash malware on my pc. im going to trash talk on this forum and if i have to skirt the rules or break a few, so what. better than getting my bank account key logged by some insulted offsite admin.

e: you cant say butt? oh. just that + hurt. lmbo

Edited by blazinzero

j6CmSi3.png

I don't apologize. CYT is definitely a petty troll who missed his window of opportunity to go full blown trolluminati like the rest of us because he was on the trail. Now he's bored, but the ship has sailed. He refused to evolve and instead of testing the fences, he's resorted to peeing on them. Turn on the electricity and let him get the shock he's looking for, imo.

Oh whatever you've had like three accounts banned.

And what have I done other than ask for political forums and trash Lantern Watch?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

You were right to call me out on that, CYT, and I sincerely apologize. I did not read the text fully and missed the direct shot; as I read it, it was a general statement about a lot of people's poor behavior that I've been cleaning up for the last several hours tonight. Please forgive me.

I was being facetious with my outrage.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Been a member of Lantern Watch for a while and I don't mind them, a good bit of them I like, a few have conflicting opinions and others have great personalities. I'm an old school pvper and hate carebear bs, and haven't seen to much of it however I'm not very political in games since I already have enough realworld politics to deal with, fighting feminists. 

However I would rather see a official politics forum with minimal moderating and minimal reporting to allow only spamming or scam reports. Racism can make politics fun, why remove my freedom to call an elken a deer f**ker, or call a human a stinky monkey. If you take this away we will do it regardless and you will just have to moderate often, I've been apart of a few great forums for other games where bashing any political opponents was/is very open.

I do however find this ties in with the recent wave of stupidity I've seen with safe spaces and trigger warnings.

This thread is dumb, CYT.

Just go to TD like the rest of us.  There won't be forumfall here.  All of the attempts to change things have failed.  Please get over it.  Move on.  Find something else to do while you wait to play.  

Forums are boring now, if you want to thirst for blood just go to Albion Online forums. Goons love it, even the CEO joined SomethingAwful to connect with the goons in the Albion thread and see what they can do to improve gameplay.

He's really quite amazing, does everything right in the forums. Big difference though is AO finished up an alpha recently, so they're collecting feedback to improve the game but the community is really quite gross, and if someone's racist or sexist, they're generally ostracized by the community itself and then nailed to the forum board by the CEO or moderators. I also like how moderators only edit posts and not delete entire wall of texts just because it had one disparaging comment, and mods remove said comment over there. Even at that, they'll let you insult someone without having them use mods as a weapon, so you can call hogwash as it is for once.

All that for a sandbox pvp driven game, imagine that~ Funny thing is, even with the downtime, people still are mudslinging drama over a previous alpha regardless of the wipe and it still generates traffic

Either way, it'll only change maybe~ when the game goes live, that goes for AO as well which is somewhat quiet, but it doesn't compare to the eerie silence here :^)

I would not be surprised if a quarantine board was set up and it happens to be the most frequented board of all so I agree with CYT

e: what is this dregs thing but cool on you and i hope it works out for you okay well thats my story bye

double e: here is a good example in the news section https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/18582-Albion-Round-Table/?postID=188852#post188852

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

That's it. I'm unfriending all you custards on Facebook and banning everyone from Slack.

SWrkfdj.jpg

ANYBODY GOT SOME ICE. IT'S GETTING HOT IN HERE AND SOMEONE MIGHT GET BURNED.

But seriously,

1. The $5 is more for funding the game, and giving you a few privileges.

2. If you don't want to fund or play the game, then don't.

3. If you don't like something, find a solution and explain it, don't just complain.

4. WE ARE STARTING TO ARGUE ABOUT ARGUING. I'D PREFER IF WE ALL JUST SETTLE DOWN AND THINK ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS BEFORE WE START TRYING TO SLAM POEPLE.

Edited by code2protect

That's it. I'm unfriending all you custards on Facebook and banning everyone from Slack.

Don`t bann Gordon though; not sure about the rest to be honest..
+1 CYT - finally a thread with some political intrigues and content with consequences.   ^_^

- A PvP focus game can't thrive with hello kitty online forum policies - not that many wizard101 players here, and most went inactive in March 2015.
So an ACE official political forum is essential in a PvP oriented game.

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

- A PvP focus game can't thrive with hello kitty online forum policies - not that many wizard101 players here, and most went inactive in March 2015.

So an ACE official political forum is essential in a PvP oriented game.

I believe someone already explained why they are keeping the forums like this... 

Oh whatever you've had like three accounts banned.

And what have I done other than ask for political forums and trash Lantern Watch?

1 was banned. And that's due to an overzealous monkeymod that gave warning points for off-site content and who I expected more professionalism from and in the end, he couldn't do so.

And you've posted multiple threads of tears in Great Hall, essentially all about the same subject.

$5 to play forumfall and not the actual game? Great deal I guess...

No, it's $5 to be able to discuss and offer your thoughts on a game you're interested in and hope meets your expectations. It's $5 that shows you care enough to pay attention and try to help make it better instead of sitting back like every other person, assuming a game will suck, and waiting until it's closer to completion and changes can't be made to say so. If he (and me too honestly) didn't care he wouldn't be here every day reading the forums, and paying a few bucks just for the opportunity to hit the "like" button on some posts or write back to one of his own. He wants it to be amazing, and is sincerely hoping it is, but he's also a smart investor and not a dreamer, so he's not throwing everything down on chance.

Edited by Leiloni

Absolutely preposterous That's my thoughts on the boards currently.

-First off, not being able to talk guild politics is absolutely insane. INSANE. Every, and I mean every, pvp mmorpg allows their community to talk about this important subject. Political banter breeds competition, competition breeds activity, activity breeds money in Artcraft's pocket. Not to mention forum usage spikes, community involvement grows, and a whole other list of effects. This policy needs to change ASAP.

-No cursing allowed? Look, I'm a big proponent of free speech and in a game that offers more freedom than the average game out there means your going to end up with a lot of people like me. Now, I can kind've understand why you have a profanity filter for the boards, but I don't necessarily agree with it. Especially for the OT boards. However, the Guild section is ABSOLUTELY where profanity needs to be allowed. This is where kids come to whine after losing that siege. Or talk trash about winning that epic pvp battle. And even better yet, part of the way guilds establish dominance over others! For this forum to disallow profanity is like stepping back in time, and is going to stop a lot of people from truly getting the most out of this game. Shoot, I know people who didn't back the kickstarter because of this very reason!

- Make two guild sections. One for recruitment and the place where the... undesirables can talk about their individual guild. Then the other about actual political discussion. But until that happens, you guys HAVE to change this particular section around to allow the above mentioned policies.

To be plain, it is just killing me how you guys are impeding the growth of this community. If you don't see how, then my expectations for Crowfall will/has unfortunately drop. After all, a game's forum is oftentimes just as important as any crucial part of the actual game.

It is my sincere hope that you guys had a plan in the future to seriously revamp the boards to be somewhat similar to what I posted, but you guys need to up your timeline. The community will be crippled til then.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Absolutely preposterous That's my thoughts on the boards currently.

-First off, not being able to talk guild politics is absolutely insane. INSANE. Every, and I mean every, pvp mmorpg allows their community to talk about this important subject. Political banter breeds competition, competition breeds activity, activity breeds money in Artcraft's pocket. Not to mention forum usage spikes, community involvement grows, and a whole other list of effects. This policy needs to change ASAP.

-No cursing allowed? Look, I'm a big proponent of free speech and in a game that offers more freedom than the average game out there means your going to end up with a lot of people like me. Now, I can kind've understand why you have a profanity filter for the boards, but I don't necessarily agree with it. Especially for the OT boards. However, the Guild section is ABSOLUTELY where profanity needs to be allowed. This is where kids come to whine after losing that siege. Or talk trash about winning that epic pvp battle. And even better yet, part of the way guilds establish dominance over others! For this forum to disallow profanity is like stepping back in time, and is going to stop a lot of people from truly getting the most out of this game. Shoot, I know people who didn't back the kickstarter because of this very reason!

- Make two guild sections. One for recruitment and the place where the... undesirables can talk about their individual guild. Then the other about actual political discussion. But until that happens, you guys HAVE to change this particular section around to allow the above mentioned policies.

To be plain, it is just killing me how you guys are impeding the growth of this community. If you don't see how, then my expectations for Crowfall will/has unfortunately drop. After all, a game's forum is oftentimes just as important as any crucial part of the actual game.

It is my sincere hope that you guys had a plan in the future to seriously revamp the boards to be somewhat similar to what I posted, but you guys need to up your timeline. The community will be crippled til then.

I agree.

I never thought a game company would manage the their forums worse than EME did with Tera and yet ACE makes them look lenient.

gCWxS8u.jpg