Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

Political discussions

Nope I just think it's good to let people know how modern game communities generally develop....

Most game companies don't want to allow certain types of behavior on their official forums... 

It doesn't really matter which url political discussion takes place in... If most people participate on reddit and reddit has political discussions it's not really that much different than that same discussion happening on the official forums, except when communites go to social hubs like reddit it allows for the game company to not have to worry as much about the headaches and drama of the community and they can focus on the game.  

You're right. We're so terrible that Pann hasn't done any coding.

There are quite a few unofficial websites that have been quite successful for any number of games. All it takes is the right team with the right skills to make it happen. I just recently joined one. My money is on thedregs.net. Especially once we get more info out about the game, people will be flocking to their wiki for information.

9e58b2ae2f9ac9f2904b5d4c33b609bb92d1a174

"Sharp alone, deadly together."

There are quite a few unofficial websites that have been quite successful for any number of games. All it takes is the right team with the right skills to make it happen. I just recently joined one. My money is on thedregs.net. Especially once we get more info out about the game, people will be flocking to their wiki for information.

Indeed. Having common sense built RoC and not the absurd monstrosity that we currently toil under would do wonders to improve the quality of posting in general. Since there is no [Real talk.] Who wants to honestly post their opinions or views if it will be deleted by a white knight anonmod and labelled trolling or if your opinion differs from another it gets labelled a personal attack or trolling and deleted.  I mean. I give ACE my money and then they proceed to tell me to not speak my mind at all? So a revamp of this joke of a RoC would be great. 

That being said. A common sense based RoC based on intelligent experienced thought would be great. But no official forums never can replace the political website the major powers use. EVE O could or would never have replaced what kugu was to EVE. What AO universe was to AO. I mean. There is always a place for the political forums. But literally allowing zero meta gaming on the forums? Is ACE truly trying to run off their target player base before beta? 

inb4 VikingNail brings up reddit or mentions how his CS:GO experiences are relevant. Please don't. No likes your silly absurd trolling besides Pann. 

inb4 Pann deletes my post and calls me a troll. How about instead of hiding. You show up for some [Real talk] and explain why ACE has zero interest in shadowbane/darkfall/EVE Online players to be interested and if so. Explain the desire for a RoC that only attracts the theme park crowd. Possibly explain how ACE has magically forgotten that pvp sandbox mmos bring the meta game and how they refuse to even acknowledge their biggest audience that is going to be interested long term in this game. 

xctwLnf.png

Only a small minority of people on the forums have a problem with the RoC, and most of them have stopped commenting here and have gone over to fan sites like the Dregs. So, why should ACE do what you want? Oh, you gave them money and expect them to do everything you command, is that right? Stop thinking that ACE are obliged to do every single thing you want... 

Also why argue over it so early in the game's development? There's a time and place for it and I believe a "political" section for "real talk" can be done later; like during the Beta stages or when the game finally comes out; it's not really important at the moment.  

I'm a six year Eve Online veteran and I have no issue with it; I understand the reasoning behind it and I'm fine with it. If we didn't have the current RoC; I really think it'll become a free-4-all, which will be terrible for a small company, since it sends the wrong message to the outside world. Honestly though, a political section or a more "relaxed" RoC will have no impact on the game overall; meta-gaming, trolling, smack talking, will be done anyway when the game is finally released.  

Why do you have to drag other people down when it's really only your own selfish desire? Could you please stop QQing and just give up like the rest of your lackeys? 

Edited by zero2none

Only a small minority of people on the forums have a problem with the RoC, and most of them have stopped commenting here and have gone over to fan sites like the Dregs. So, why should ACE do what you want? Oh, you gave them money and expect them to do everything you command, is that right? Stop thinking that ACE are obliged to do every single thing you want... 

Also why argue over it so early in the game's development? There's a time and place for it and I believe a "political" section for "real talk" can be done later; like during the Beta stages or when the game finally comes out; it's not really important at the moment.  

I'm a six year Eve Online veteran and I have no issue with it; I understand the reasoning behind it and I'm fine with it. If we didn't have the current RoC; I really think it'll become a free-4-all, which will be terrible for a small company, since it sends the wrong message to the outside world. Honestly though, a political section or a more "relaxed" RoC will have no impact on the game overall; meta-gaming, trolling, smack talking, will be done anyway when the game is finally released.  

Why do you have to drag other people down when it's really only your own selfish desire? Could you please stop QQing and just give up like the rest of your lackeys? 

Lol. Small percent. I mean. It's really stellar that you're someone schlumping in high sec mining and mission running. So of course you wouldn't understand the turn off from the simple ability of speaking your mind without some poor white knight screaming troll. 

But obviously you fail to grasp just how many people actually enjoy the meta game. What is the problem of relaxing an RoC for friendly smack talk and guild relations. Who said we needed a free for all besides you? I'm not arguing for the sake of being able to exercise my tourettes levels of foul language. That's what a political forum is for. What I'm arguing for is why must we live under an iron boot of senseless moderation? It's pointless. It's as if the RoC was written in the regards of making Pann run around putting out fires all over the forums. Can meta gaming not be civilized? (for an EVE vet you'd know that this is very much a reality.) Why is banter labelled trolling? Why must I be punished for people's absurd sensitivities? Why should anyone be punished for that? This forum wouldn't require any sort of heavy moderation. A flourishing conversation can be had with simply the freedom of actually speaking. 

So do we agree that a free for all could be detrimental to the game? Sure. Would kugu level of unconstructive posting burn these forums to the ground? Of course. All the ignorant WoW kids would run in terror and demand refunds for it. But in return. We'd gain a ton of people who are -actual- sandbox MMO players who are staying away due to the archaic RoC set in place. So it's breast for tat. I'd rather have passionate people who might get a little rowdy who will spend long years in my game spending money and being active than dumbing it down to Hello Kitty Online levels of blandness so that a few overly sensitive theme park kids will play my game for a month or two.

I mean. I get it. Hood wink the derpy theme kids into plowing money into the game till launch and then they ragequit because it's not a WoW clone. But why must the actual playerbase of this type of forum be so thoroughly ignored? For a company loaded with sandbox MMO dev vets. They seem to have completely forgotten how much us "degenerates" enjoy our PvP centric niche sandbox MMOs. If this game pays ode to the sandboxes of old and brings all these great ideas together. Then why spend so much time scrubbing any and all passionate and energetic posters from the forums?

I understand that this is an odd concept. I call it a compromise. It's like finding a middle ground that pleases the most people. (Foreign concept. I know.) But why not simply relax the RoC enough that all us all vets who are really pulling for this game to become posting on the forums more while still protecting the theme park kids who are going to leave 2 months after launch?

xctwLnf.png

I have nothing to add honestly, I just keep seeing more QQ's. However, I find it amusing that you assumed I spent six years in Eve only in high sec. Oh boy, if you only knew... 

On a side note; my money's on that you, and people that share your "ideology", would quit quicker than any "theme-park" player. 

Edited by zero2none

@Pann, can u pls. add forum option so I can ignore others on this forum? 

I swear there are so much garbage posts from boys who have less IQ than my hamster.

Just because you got an intelligent hamster doesnt make you superior to others.

Or to people having guinea pigs.

He is like the hamster race in Crowfall then, I take it?!

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

My request still stands; in almost any forums I`ve been part of for past 20 years - there is always an ignore option, but why is`t lacking in Crowfall?

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

hehe, you should make that your signature because it would be unbelievably funny.

hehe, you should make that your signature because it would be unbelievably funny.

How's it look?

How's it look?

Oh, no no no nooooo! If you ignore people, how will you see their amazing signatures?

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Oh, no no no nooooo! If you ignore people, how will you see their amazing signatures?

hamopeche, 

You haven't yet made it to my ignore list. And I do dig that sig :D

And I do dig that sig :D

I presume that the "Of course" is distributive across the succeeding clauses, thus both

"Of course I could be incorrect"

and

"Of course I doubt it".

In context, the irony is magnificent.

Edited by hamopeche

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

I presume that the "Of course" is distributive across the succeeding clauses, thus both

"Of course I could be incorrect"

and

"Of course I doubt it".

In context, the irony is magnificent.

Are you accusing me of a comma splice?

Let us revise: Of course I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Please update your sig :D