Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

Political discussions

Are you accusing me of a comma splice?

Let us revise: Of course I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Please update your sig :D

No, no take-backs, no mulligans, no revisionist history. Distributive comma is distributive. Whether you meant it or not, it's true.

And still awesomely ironic.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

I have nothing to add honestly, I just keep seeing more QQ's. However, I find it amusing that you assumed I spent six years in Eve only in high sec. Oh boy, if you only knew... 

On a side note; my money's on that you, and people that share your "ideology", would quit quicker than any "theme-park" player. 

I quite enjoy that you give up because intelligent conversation in lost on you. But atleast you'll always have a sad RoC to hide under so no one can actually point out how irrelevant your non opinion is. :)

Thanks for posting on the thread. All of us "degenerates" will take your very articulated thoughts to heart and develop new views on things. 

;)

xctwLnf.png

Yah! mythx ignored me! It worked, he got whipped and decided to take the easy way out! I feel so happy but sad at the same time; because it was too easy. 

@Muhrder: This thread was never "intelligent" in the first place. I honestly thought it was a troll thread since it was A) created by checky, B) Pann didn't take it seriously and C) it had more Dregs followers comment more than anyone else. Just shows what I was talking about when I said, a 'small minority' only cares...

Yes, I admit I gave up, but because it wasn't worth my spare time to write something proper, so I must say sorry to you all for not putting in more effort, I'll try next time. I never actually used the word "degenerates", but if that's how you want to be referred as than there's no argument from me. For your understanding, I only commented because I disliked that you assumed that other players from other mmo's (especially since you mentioned Eve Online) felt the same way as you; with an explanation that was purely your own opinion on the current ROC. 

Anyway, I enjoyed posting on this thread, not as amusing as some of VN's comments, but it was still a bit fun. See you next time Muhrder!

Edited by zero2none

Yah! mythx ignored me! It worked, he got whipped and decided to take the easy way out! I feel so happy but sad at the same time; because it was too easy. 

@Muhrder: This thread was never "intelligent" in the first place. I honestly thought it was a troll thread since it was A) created by checky, B) Pann didn't take it seriously and C) it had more Dregs followers comment more than anyone else. Just shows what I was talking about when I said, a 'small minority' only cares...

Yes, I admit I gave up, but because it wasn't worth my spare time to write something proper, so I must say sorry to you all for not putting in more effort, I'll try next time. I never actually used the word "degenerates", but if that's how you want to be referred as than there's no argument from me. For your understanding, I only commented because I disliked that you assumed that other players from other mmo's (especially since you mentioned Eve Online) felt the same way as you; with an explanation that was purely your own opinion on the current ROC. 

Anyway, I enjoyed posting on this thread, not as amusing as some of VN's comments, but it was still a bit fun. See you next time Muhrder!

VN is the typical broken record that he is. This thread was kind of a bs thread because of cyt. He's just feeling pretty whiny and such when he made it. (he got his "special" time of the months. ;>) I wanted to attempt to have a debate about it. But the only folks who step up for the carebears is VN being the absurd special fella he is. Prattling on about how CS:GO and E-Sports impacts indie MMOs and such. Like usual. And then you showed up and refused to debate it. Just shout down my valid points and ample evidence that meta gaming had helped countless other Niche PvP Centric Sandbox MMOs. (which rumor has it this game is supposed to be one of those. But it's difficult to figure out because this RoC we're under makes World of Warcraft's RoC seem hippie level free form.) I was even semi hoping that an actual ACE employee would be willing to sit down and have a conversation about it. But alas. None showed up to even remotely discuss anything. I'm sure when 7B returns from his current hiatus he'll report all my posts because it's a differing opinion. So obviously I'm a troll or something. etc. 

xctwLnf.png

VN is the typical broken record that he is. This thread was kind of a bs thread because of cyt. He's just feeling pretty whiny and such when he made it. (he got his "special" time of the months. ;>) I wanted to attempt to have a debate about it. But the only folks who step up for the carebears is VN being the absurd special fella he is. Prattling on about how CS:GO and E-Sports impacts indie MMOs and such. Like usual. And then you showed up and refused to debate it. Just shout down my valid points and ample evidence that meta gaming had helped countless other Niche PvP Centric Sandbox MMOs. (which rumor has it this game is supposed to be one of those. But it's difficult to figure out because this RoC we're under makes World of Warcraft's RoC seem hippie level free form.) I was even semi hoping that an actual ACE employee would be willing to sit down and have a conversation about it. But alas. None showed up to even remotely discuss anything. I'm sure when 7B returns from his current hiatus he'll report all my posts because it's a differing opinion. So obviously I'm a troll or something. etc. 

When I played WoW (vanilla/BC) people were allowed to express their opinions on at least the server forums, can't say I read the other ones at all. I, along with 2-3 others, were accused of grieifing by a giant alliance raid guild during an Emerald Dragon fight and the thread was never closed, people argued and it died over time.

This reminds me more of NA Tera's forum. Essentially EME came up with the idea that only positive, happy comments were allowed on the forums. There was a time when there was this duo queueing for instances and they would let everyone else die on the final boss and kick them out of the group, then finish the boss and take all of the loot. Obviously they were reported numerous times, yet nothing was done for months. So someone made a thread that was fairly basic, maybe it included a SS of the party, and it basically said "hey if you get partied with these two, they will kick you on the final boss and take all the loot". A couple of replies later and EME closed the thread. So here's a situation where players are trying to help other players because two guys are being unpleasant people and EME decides to protect the unpleasant people. If the OP had made another thread about it, EME likely would have temp banned his forum account, FOR TRYING TO HELP OTHERS NOT GET SCAMMED.

It truly seems as if ACE is attempting to go down a similar path, maybe even worse? Forums are one of the mediums players use to communicate with each other, especially players outside of their normal circles. Sometimes things other than flowers and rainbows and apple pie need to talked about. Maybe there'll be a Shadow campaign with 10 large guilds and 8 of them ally themselves together into a non-aggression pact and completely shut down pvp on the CW. That's not fun for me, I'd leave a guild for doing such a thing, so I'd like to make a thread or post in a thread about how specific alliances are killing the PvP off.

gCWxS8u.jpg

Step up for the carebears?  Lol.... i'm not stepping up for carebears, I am being realistic about how professional company forums are handled for game companies in 2015. 

This is not a carebear vs people that want political forums issue.  Not even close.... this is a "let's help make a game and not worry about people who want to spam the forums with nonsense" issue. 

These very complaints you are making have been brought up before... they are generally pretty invalid in reality, we've seen fansites pop up as "political forums" and those places have little to no relevant political discussion, nor are they very "hardcore" at all.

If you really want to prove to ACE the need for them to have political forums with alterations to the RoC go prove it on a fansite, show that there is a huge demand for it and that it truly contributes in a meaningful way to community building... so far people like you have failed to prove that it is needed.

Now per usual I imagine you will just ignore or deny that reality, but it speaks for itself and until you can prove the need, you don't really have any ground to stand on. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Valid opinions Sciocco, but not relevant at the moment. It's too early; there is little to no meta-gaming happening at the moment, so it's unnecessary. Why argue and complain about it now, when it won't become important until release, possibly a few weeks after it. 

Honestly, I rarely use the forums to communicate with other players in other mmo's that I've played. It wasn't an important thing to do and the only time it was even interesting was when there was smack-talking or someone crying about a glitch that people were abusing. 

Anyway, I don't believe ACE would the same as EME, but you never know. However, there's usually more to the story, so I can't really take your example as 'canon'.

In terms of alliances, that's what a player-run open world game is like. Unless there are rules set by the developers; like you can only make alliances with 2 other guilds, then there's no way of stopping it. It happens all the time in Eve Online, and sure you have your whiners that cry that it's unfair, but in the end; it's part of the game. 

Valid opinions Sciocco, but not relevant at the moment. It's too early; there is little to no meta-gaming happening at the moment, so it's unnecessary. Why argue and complain about it now, when it won't become important until release, possibly a few weeks after it. 

Honestly, I rarely use the forums to communicate with other players in other mmo's that I've played. It wasn't an important thing to do and the only time it was even interesting was when there was smack-talking or someone crying about a glitch that people were abusing. 

Anyway, I don't believe ACE would the same as EME, but you never know. However, there's usually more to the story, so I can't really take your example as 'canon'.

In terms of alliances, that's what a player-run open world game is like. Unless there are rules set by the developers; like you can only make alliances with 2 other guilds, then there's no way of stopping it. It happens all the time in Eve Online, and sure you have your whiners that cry that it's unfair, but in the end; it's part of the game. 

I agree that it is not relevant now, but I believe it will be at some point during the Betas and that it should be in place before it is necessary. I'd be ok with them adding in between the end of Alphas and the beginning of Betas actually, seems like a decent compromise to me. It depends a bit on how they structure the Betas, actually.

It's been a long time since that example happened as I believe it was around the Queen patch in Tera so I won't dig it up, but EME routinely deleted or closed threads that weren't "positive only".

It is completely fair game to have alliances, but it is also completely fair game to have a Shadow CW 4389 Mega-Alliance Discussion thread where the people in that CW can discuss a couple of things including: what other games to play while nothing happens, why the guilds prefer no pvp or some amount of pvp, whose fault it is.

Edited by Sciocco

gCWxS8u.jpg

I agree that it is not relevant now, but I believe it will be at some point during the Betas and that it should be in place before it is necessary. I'd be ok with them adding in between the end of Alphas and the beginning of Betas actually, seems like a decent compromise to me. It depends a bit on how they structure the Betas, actually.

It's been a long time since that example happened as I believe it was around the Queen patch in Tera so I won't dig it up, but EME routinely deleted or closed threads that weren't "positive only".

It is completely fair game to have alliances, but it is also completely fair game to have a Shadow CW 4389 Mega-Alliance Discussion thread where the people in that CW can discuss a couple of things including: what other games to play while nothing happens, why the guilds prefer no pvp or some amount of pvp, whose fault it is.

Don't worry reddit will handle all the major political discussion when the game launches. 

Don't worry reddit will handle all the major political discussion when the game launches. 

I suppose that is entirely possible, and I'll try to adapt if so, but I'm not a fan of Reddit's layout. Great for images though. Who moderates CF reddit?

gCWxS8u.jpg

Step up for the carebears?  Lol.... i'm not stepping up for carebears, I am being realistic about how professional company forums are handled for game companies in 2015. 

This is not a carebear vs people that want political forums issue.  Not even close.... this is a "let's help make a game and not worry about people who want to spam the forums with nonsense" issue. 

These very complaints you are making have been brought up before... they are generally pretty invalid in reality, we've seen fansites pop up as "political forums" and those places have little to no relevant political discussion, nor are they very "hardcore" at all.

If you really want to prove to ACE the need for them to have political forums with alterations to the RoC go prove it on a fansite, show that there is a huge demand for it and that it truly contributes in a meaningful way to community building... so far people like you have failed to prove that it is needed.

Now per usual I imagine you will just ignore or deny that reality, but it speaks for itself and until you can prove the need, you don't really have any ground to stand on. 

You really are quite clueless aren't you? 

But it's cute how clueless you are. CS:GO kids generally find MMOs confusing. I apologize you don't actually understand the conversation. But your perception is skewed. If that's the narrative you need to create to make sure you don't get Panndle'd. Then by all means. Please continue. 

xctwLnf.png

You really are quite clueless aren't you? 

But it's cute how clueless you are. CS:GO kids generally find MMOs confusing. I apologize you don't actually understand the conversation. But your perception is skewed. If that's the narrative you need to create to make sure you don't get Panndle'd. Then by all means. Please continue. 

Great counter-argument, you've truly proven my point.

I play CS:GO now, not competitively of course. Don't listen to VN, he's makes it sound like that everyone is like him there, oh wait... they are...  :P *worst gaming community eva*

I love the CSGO community. NA at least, I suppose the community could be different elsewhere.

gCWxS8u.jpg

Great counter-argument, you've truly proven my point.

It's difficult to counter-argue non points and pointless flak with someone who's never played MMOs. 

xctwLnf.png

I think once the game starts, it is likely that political forums will become more relevant and more heated.  Until then, this community will naturally continue to be pretty quiet.  Not much to fight about when the game is in development.

I personally think the jury is still out on whether having the political forum be un-official is a wise move.  It has the potential to (1) remove liability problems, (2) remove moderating problems, and (3) make this game slightly more friendly for people new to the sub-genre.  

All that said, I heard about and saw serious offenses much more frequently in-game, rather than in-forum.  So, it may be a futile effort that winds up in generally less of a sense community, which I see as one of the major flaws in contemporary "MMOs."  Which, in turn, could slowly disintegrate a game principally built around a return to classic MMO design systems that worked and were begging to be rethought and recombined.

For me, it's a wait and see.  I am not going to pretend that the gaming community is the same as when Shadowbane dropped, since I myself am completely different.  If I was ACE, I'd build a political forum.  It's not as if the problems they are trying to extinguish won't happen (it will likely just move to "general discussion" or some other official forum - which will have to be moderated just as strictly and are not centralized).  I know that is cynical, but I also think it's realistic.

I'm also extremely unlikely to spend much time on forumfall, since when I like a game, I do almost all of my interactions through voice-chat and in game.  So, take my thoughts with a grain of salt, I suppose.

Edited by mctan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com