Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

Political discussions

The Shadowbane political forums were like the Republican presidential debates on acid. I just want everyone else to have the same trip.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

The Shadowbane political forums were like the Republican presidential debates on acid. I just want to force everyone else to take the same trip. 

Fixed that for ya :)

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Well, there is special thing that humans are capable of called choice. Its an interesting concept that allows you to make decisions. Decisions like not reading a subforum if you don't want to.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Well, there is special thing that humans are capable of called choice. Its an interesting concept that allows you to make decisions. Decisions like not reading a subforum if you don't want to.

jon-fan.gif

xctwLnf.png

I'm all for a subforum for politics, if the poorly made socks slinging stays in one location. Unfortunately, our forum history presents a bleak outlook for future poorly made socks containment. 

Iri~

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Gordon has said repeatedly that there's not going to be a free-for-all forum here. Other members of the community have opened forums where they are more than happy to host that kind of interaction. We've been happy to share the links to those forums through every channel available to us (social media, here on these forums and the weekly newsletter). 

It's a shame we don't have an archetype that specializes in beating dead horses. It would probably be a fan favorite for a lot of you. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Gordon has said repeatedly that there's not going to be a free-for-all forum here. Other members of the community have opened forums where they are more than happy to host that kind of interaction. We've been happy to share the links to those forums through every channel available to us (social media, here on these forums and the weekly newsletter). 

It's a shame we don't have an archetype that specializes in beating dead horses. It would probably be a fan favorite for a lot of you.

So, I think there is a disconnect here. What is being talked about is not an FFA sockfest soley for trolling and personal attacks. What were talking about isn't even an unmoderated forum. What we are talking about is a subforum where guilds can interact with each other. That may include trash talk, alliances, rivalries, a myriad of things that are all good for the community.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Pann, this is a great suggestion for a Discipline rune!

Now we need a name for the Discipline. How about Lippicidal or Panndemonic?

Post your better name ideas, or we can start a new thread on the subject.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

What sounds more logical:

A: Collect large (rough target) audience ---> Ask for opinions ----> Ask the people who are making the more sensitive  members uneasy to go somewhere else to give their opinions ---> groom your forums into a place of absolute positivity and conformity where everyone likes everything you suggest ---> make a game.

B: Collect large (rough target) audience ---> Ask for opinions ----> make a game everyone wants to play.

And when I use the term everyone I mean all the people ACE originally went after. The non-hand holding, no safe zone, grieving, forumbaning, crowd. Grow some custard balls ACE.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Aside from the handful of scorned pvpers (that no one gives a sock about really) that bother to still support CF the real loss that is apparently lost to all the data miners in ACE is the scores of folks that ether didn't support or removed support as soon as they got the slightest hint of marginalization. I'm sure I don't have to illustrate the Agway pyramid scheme networking that ensues. After a while the only people that will even give this game a shot will be emo steampunking giggles and huggers. That last line really will offend no one on these boards because they have been selectively filled with the aforementioned.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Aside from the handful of scorned pvpers (that no one gives a sock about really) that bother to still support CF the real loss that is apparently lost to all the data miners in ACE is the scores of folks that ether didn't support or removed support as soon as they got the slightest hint of marginalization. I'm sure I don't have to illustrate the Agway pyramid scheme networking that ensues. After a while the only people that will even give this game a shot will be emo steampunking giggles and huggers. That last line really will offend no one on these boards because they have been selectively filled with the aforementioned.

I saw an interview Blair did with a guy who runs a 40,000 man eve guild.  Do you think ACE should go after them, or instead go after the 'scores' of people who can't handle themselves with decorum in public?

I saw an interview Blair did with a guy who runs a 40,000 man eve guild.  Do you think ACE should go after them, or instead go after the 'scores' of people who can't handle themselves with decorum in public?

Lol well put... people that think the 10-20 people that got mad they couldn't post nonsense on the forums and left make up any sort of high priority demographic are funny....

Gaming is so much bigger than that....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Honestly, I think ACE should go after the crowd they originally said they were going after in the pre-CF Beta registration Play 2 Crush page.

SWrkfdj.jpg