Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Notice: Changes to "Guilds" forum

The "Guilds" forum has been renamed "Guild Recruiting" 

We have implemented new rules specific to that forum

In addition to the Rules of Conduct, there are a few additional rules and conditions for this forum section.

-          New topics restricted to recruiting only.

-          Discussions in the threads must be limited to recruiting, resources (websites, chat) and activities for the guild.

-          Off-topic and derogatory posts will be removed; repeat offenders will be penalized (including account suspension).

This is not the place for guild politics and warfare; save it for the battlefield.  

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

"hi there i'm new and looking for a guild"

~"We are recruiting"

"What's your guild all about? Who are your ally's?"

~"Can't say here"

"What's your political orientation in the community at large?"

~"What community? Oh you mean on the other websites?"

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

The "Guilds" forum has been renamed "Guild Recruiting" 

We have implemented new rules specific to that forum

In addition to the Rules of Conduct, there are a few additional rules and conditions for this forum section.

-          New topics restricted to recruiting only.

-          Discussions in the threads must be limited to recruiting, resources (websites, chat) and activities for the guild.

-          Off-topic and derogatory posts will be removed; repeat offenders will be penalized (including account suspension).

This is not the place for guild politics and warfare; save it for the battlefield.  

Can we get some more clarity on hat is considered off-topic since the only topic mentioned is no more than a "help wanted" add. I'm sure that wasn't the intent to have the guild section feeling so cold and formal.

Guild are communities and as such strive to make it feel warm and inviting. Granted disparaging comments and attacks have no real purpose but without more dialog in the guild threads we can't build a community. From the quote above it seems rather strict.

As a suggestion instead of saying what can be discussed could we just have the "keep the inter-guild flame war out of the guild threads" guideline instead? 

Can we get some more clarity on hat is considered off-topic since the only topic mentioned is no more than a "help wanted" add. I'm sure that wasn't the intent to have the guild section feeling so cold and formal.

Guild are communities and as such strive to make it feel warm and inviting. Granted disparaging comments and attacks have no real purpose but without more dialog in the guild threads we can't build a community. From the quote above it seems rather strict.

As a suggestion instead of saying what can be discussed could we just have the "keep the inter-guild flame war out of the guild threads" guideline instead? 

I'm hoping that was the intent, as part of the recruitment process for guilds is to be conversational and talking amongst members and prospective members.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I'm actually curious about this as well.  The way the OP is written, it honestly makes the majority of the posts in each thread a violation of that policy. 

While I understand the desire to eliminate the derogatory, trolling, insulting posts, it makes it seem like the friendly, conversational banter currently going on in most of the threads is now not allowed, as it is "off-topic" and isn't directly related to recruiting, activities and resources.

It would be better served to simply disallow Political Discussion and derogatory posts than to ban ALL "off-topic" conversations.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

While I understand the desire to eliminate the derogatory, trolling, insulting posts, it makes it seem like the friendly, conversational banter currently going on in most of the threads is now not allowed, as it is "off-topic" and isn't directly related to recruiting, activities and resources.

Friendly banter in a guild thread could be considered a guild activity.  

I think you'd have to intentionally troll a guild thread to run afoul of this rule.

IhhQKY6.gif

Friendly banter in a guild thread could be considered a guild activity.  

I think you'd have to intentionally troll a guild thread to run afoul of this rule.

I would hope that is the case, but would hate to assume.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader