Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggestions for Guild Politics Forum or Sub-Forum

Although I don't know what progress has been made regarding the creation of a forum or sub-forum specific to guild politics, I would like to create a thread for suggesting possible rules, systems, etc. for what would be most effective in allowing the greatest level of freedom of speech while maintaining a certain level of civility (yeah, I know, we love the trolling and anarchy, but there IS a limit to how far you can go without it turning into a travesty).

If there's no issue with this, I would like this thread to be open to anyone's suggestions, including my own. Also, if you want to criticize/remark on someone else's ideas, please take the courtesy to say why you think someone's idea is bad or good, and offer a possible improvement or alternative if you have one.

Edited by Corvus Silver

7111d4fea662ddcedc732a7b7c3ebe1e.png

As far as my own ideas, beyond the obvious rules such as no personal attacks and avoiding slurs of racial or sexual natures, I think having some basic authority or overseer specific to the guild politics forum, whether it be someone from ACE or a community member/possible council(?) would help maintain (the minimal level of) order without drawing resources and energy from the other forums. Of course, in either case, you would need someone who won't let everything slide or go totalitarian and shut down every post with profanity or anything along those lines.

Yeah, I know, but I still think it's worth trying to get something more offical over here. Also, at risk of drawing unwanted attention, I didn't exactly find the political discussions there very... stimulating.

In b4 lock/move

Gordon already hosed down the barn fire once with assurances now it appears his henchwoman burned it up once again.

Well, a ronin can try at least, can't he? At worst, the thread gets locked. At best, we get a lot of good ideas that can be applied for any political forum here or elsewhere.

I honestly have never played SB, though I may try to play MB before Crowfall comes out, experience the spiritual predecessor.

I actually was planning to make the thread in the suggestion forum, but I found this thread:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8930-website-forums-suggestions/

and thought it would be best to make the thread here. I'm hoping that if this is the wrong forum, the thread will simply be moved to the appropriate area instead of locked or removed.

Edited by Corvus Silver