Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whispers, dark wings and murder - Official discussion thread

Perhaps the gods are more concerned with the character and deeds of potential champions than with their purity of breed.

Except they are corrupt and flawed gods, trying to win a contest. When I hear the word Tyrant, it usually implies power, I have to wonder how powerful the originals are, beyond that, I have to wonder if all the female Fae are actually halves, or immortal, but this does acknowledge that Far are smaller.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Male assassins have black nail polish and listen to My Chemical Romance confirmed.

Except they are corrupt and flawed gods, trying to win a contest.

That just suggests that the character and deeds that appeal to them might be corrupt and flawed.  It doesn't really suggest they should care about breed purity.

IhhQKY6.gif

Perhaps the gods are more concerned with the character and deeds of potential champions than with their purity of breed.

Maybe the male assassin in this particular background story took the half-giant starting rune.

That would explain the larger size and strength as well as leave room for a pure-bred elf male assassin, and a half-demon assassin of either sex as well.

After all, every player character is in the afterlife, so nobody's reproducing anyway (try as you pervs might).

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Maybe the male assassin in this particular background story took the half-giant starting rune.

That would explain the larger size and strength as well as leave room for a pure-bred elf male assassin, and a half-demon assassin of either sex as well.

After all, every player character is in the afterlife, so nobody's reproducing anyway (try as you pervs might).

Well, the gods can do it, so...

What do you call that pitiful creature, spawn of horse and mule? Halfbreed? That’s me. Not the one, not the other… Sterile, too.

Maybe I am mistaken, but while a mule and horse may mate, they don't usually create "spawn."  Mules, I think, are almost always sterile.  Now a horse and a donkey can mate, and that makes a mule.  I guess a quick Google search says that mare mules can rarely (like almost never) conceive, but stallion mules are always infertile.  Either way, it seems an odd use for the story.  Maybe, its on purpose--I dunno.  Everyone's a critic!   :P      

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Maybe I am mistaken, but while a mule and horse may mate, they don't usually create "spawn."  Mules, I think, are almost always sterile.  Now a horse and a donkey can mate, and that makes a mule.  I guess a quick Google search says that mare mules can rarely (like almost never) conceive, but stallion mules are always infertile.  Either way, it seems an odd use for the story.  Maybe, its on purpose--I dunno.  Everyone's a critic!   :P      

Who cares what stupidity some inane halfbreed babbles about, when we have the pure awesomeness of MrMike? In ten minutes I went from "who the hell is this hippy" to having a man crush on him. Joking aside, he convinced me that he's the right person to do his job at the team, and that I should buy his book.

As I have always been a fan of lore, I'm very happy to see the half-breed Assassin. I have a feeling gameplay will be rather different, because since the Assassin is probably closer in size to a typical male human (if the lore is anything to go by), I doubt he'll be flitting around a battlefield with tiny little weapons and relying on the same tricks and traps that their pure-blood female counterparts do. He's probably a hell of a lot stronger than them, not as fast and probably far more volatile. With their mention of vengeance (due to the female voice in their heads), I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of rage mechanic was involved, similar to the Centaur.

And MrMike looks like a very interesting choice for the Crowfall team, I like the experience each and every person seems to have and how different those experiences are :)

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Great to meet you, Mike!  Thanks for sharing - you've done some fascinating things.

I hope they give you a few segments in the future to talk about the back-end systems.  Personally, I'd love to hear about the debates, decision-making process, and lessons learned from the guy making it happen.

Cheers!

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

It's intentional. It implies that assassins have little knowledge of animals. And thus will have a penalty with pet disciplines.

Kickstarter Backer #1070