Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IamMe

New Speculation of Promotions

I was just reading again the Duelist page and then it hit me:

The merchant families of Guinecea were the first to establish trade between Worlds. Our artist, the inventors of sculpture and stagecraft. Our duelist, the finest masters to wield a blade. Our engineers, the only to unlock the secret of munitions.

There you have it fellow Guineceans! 3 Promotions, but I had no idea what this is capable off in terms of playstyles so I asked my Warden Canth what he thought of it; here is our view of this little paragraph:

The merchant families of Guinecea were the first to establish trade between Worlds. Our artist, the inventors of sculpture and stagecraft.

A crafting promotion. Crowfall is a new type of game where there is much more to do then just crafting and combat. Trademanship will be a key factor no matter what but could there also be a promotion desing for that? Analysing the purity of minerals. Checking the legitamity of brands on items. Able to write bills and contracts. The imagination is really the limit. But not only trading is a craft, acting and stangebuilding is too. There were bards in many games before, some people enjoy a more social gamestyle. Crafting the most extravagant costumes, props or maybe even furniture could be possible.

Our duelist, the finest masters to wield a blade.

Being capable of dominating a duel due to high expertise and proficiency in ranged and melee combat. But picking this promotion grants advanced melee abbilities not only to get more skills but to wield additional weapons like Bucklers, a Parry Dagger, or (to go a little more fantasy) Duel Wielding

Our engineers, the only to unlock the secret of munitions.

Munitions doesnt automaticly mean big boom. I see it more like a pistol or rifle promotion, semi-crafting semi-combat. "the only" means that only Guineceans can craft munition and firarms so they cant buy it from a generic verdor but have to craft it themselfs. Instead of big bombs you would have duel wieldable pistols or, though very expensive, bigger rifles. Crafting and loading different ammo against different kind of armor goes wihout saying. Theoreticly you could pierce everything it just depends on the ammo. From plate over leather to magic shields. What could be fun though is a difference in quallity of ammo where lower quallity would not only do less damge but splitter maybe even in the air or jam the rifle. For people looking forwards to boom boom could the bubble still persist with the Deciple Rune Stone! Higher explosive capabillities comparable to the already revealed alchemy rune.

What, at least, I forget everytime is that you start with your base Archetyp and, after some leveling, you can unlock a promotion class. So maybe if there isnt even a burrowing pormotion all could to it. Traders burying their profits, Artists digging theaters. Duelists building a tunnel system confusing their opponent, or always having a quick escape ready. Engineers building trenches or cover if needed over longer range.  Every single one of them sounds like they would be fun to play. Good executed those promotions can really enrich the vision of Crowfall, but all of this is just speculations, maybe ACE listens, maybe not. It was fun to come up with them though.

Edited by IamMe

I AM ME!
I love you all.

I think it's pretty obvious from that text that duelists are a different thing from engineers and artists. It wouldn't make any sense for a list containing duelists as one entry to represent the promotions from duelists. That would be like saying that if there are three different cans of green paint in different shades, and I have a list of colors consisting of red, blue, and green, that hey guys, maybe the 3 different shades of green  are called red, blue, and green!

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Considering its always all going to be speculative (until we see something in the news or testing), I see everything in these threads as fan fiction. So I don't dislike this one bit, its a decent theory and just as possible as any other I think.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

But how about this idea. Base line for dualist is they know how to use a blade and are naturally good at 1v1 (duals). The promotions go a lot like what IamMe called it. One for crafters, With all different kinds of crafting recipes and maybe some extra escapes for when they need to go out and find their own mats. Another for munitions, adding gunplay to the dualist and not just with a pistol, maybe have a few ammo recipes but nothing the crafter tree wouldn't have. And i'd like to see a dual wielding promotion that would grant more mobility in combat and massive consistent damage on single targets. But we will see when we get there. 

I don't think there will be, strictly speaking, a "crafting profession" outside of, lets say, the Ranger and Stalker needing to make their own arrows. So Duelists will be capable of making bullets, most likely.

I love to theorize and listen to what others think; however, its driving me nuts that artcraft isn't releasing legitimate data about what the characters strong and weak points will be. I am 100% going for a Guinecean crafter.

Dedicated Crafter.

I love to theorize and listen to what others think; however, its driving me nuts that artcraft isn't releasing legitimate data about what the characters strong and weak points will be. I am 100% going for a Guinecean crafter.

Well everybody can be crafter there is just the question of how much skill points you can get. And there is the argument of that you can just switch Archetypes anyway as you please.

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Damn. was reading this thread, minding my own business...tried to think what the promotion could be....

thought of Musketeer...immediately thought of Mouseketeer!

(embarassingly) laughed so hard i hit my head on my desk. :(