Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To : Crowfall Devs

Makii

CFpost36.png

I think your contact persons for this matter would be Todd and Gordon.

But i am sure they are by now aware of your request, so they will contact you on your offer, if they decide to.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Well there's big partnered twitch streamers their population daily 1,000 to 5,000 they do want to interview Mr. JTodd and Gordon

Or just few of em with huge community.

So I do agree with Skarthy in a point that Live stream FAQ/Interview should be done freely or with requirement x amount of population/peaks.

I know it might be very frustrating to those with streams that have low population viewers at the moment, but if you want to reach out to people to feel comfortable to pledge  that's how it's done.

example:

h1z1 got very popular because all popular streamers have been invited to soe studio and played h1z1, before it went into early access in steam.

then their fan base bought h1z1 when it was out on steam.

I'd suggest to:

Accept FAQ / Interviews from high population streamers and low population streamers then you get => more => $ or $$ or $$$ or $,$$$ and $$,$$$ as well as maybe $$$,$$$

Cheers :D

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

I didnt watch any of the streamers ever before, nor do i watch them now.

I just look at topics I am interested in, not at specific streamers.

If that happens to be a streamer or Video from ACE or anything, so be it.

Also I dont look streamers because of their viewer counts or anything, as I have to say they always turned out to be very boring, like all the streamers in general I have to say.

Might be because there is no permanent interesting content to stream at the moment, because there arent long lasting games at the moment.

But then I gotta ask why there are so many people streaming if there is almost nothing to stream.

Well humankind is for certain a weird one, but thats what makes them from time to time so interesting, sometimes I guess.

When Crowfall is offering a long-lasting experience maybe I gonna stream as well. then you would at least have something to stream, to show the people something thats interesting or at least amusing.

For sure it depends on the individual person what gets perceived as interesting and what not.

But I gotta say. from my point of view, gaming became really so boring these days, so that out of game classics such as older games, or some indie games, there is almost nothing interesting happening or worth to be watched on streams.

Also I dont think that all the people watching games on streams are gamers.

I dont like this, I am a gamer and you not thing or attitude, really. Its not what I want to say.

Its just that these people dont have the experience of the better days of gaming, when 3D gaming was first time witnessed and before.

They just cant take these new games and take them into comparison to their bigger pool of experience of games.

So they cant say if its a good quality game or not, because they dont know the Index you only get through experience; constant long-time self-initiated and -motivated employment to a specific subject.

If you got a bull or a bear as example, I can say that they are heavier than me, and as such come to the conviction/conclusion that they are heavy. If I know about elephants and put them into comparison to that, the bear and bull already appear not so heavy to me like they were before, and thats not mentioning the existence of wales or dinosaurs yet. If I ate nothing else then untasty or industry-designed food, I cant say if its low quality or untasty, because I didnt taste other stuff before/yet. Sugar wouldnt be so sweet if there wasnt salt to exist.

Like the developers at Microsoft Rare nowadays dont even know of the games Rare made by themself in the past. Its just hilarious.

They got no idea of what they are doing. You arent obliged to be a good game developer, just because you can do some programming.

And even as a programm most of these (game)-programms fail, because they are full of bugs, and arent working correct like intended.

But game softwares arent just programms which should work correct, they are games, games should be interesting and fun, and at best of course even inspiring and encouraging people, making them smarter.

Thats the intention of games anyway, learning something in a way thats fun. Like to be witnessed at any animal like cats for example.

Back to topic, I dont know if Crowfall would be something for anyone watching streams, so you shouldnt just go for view counts. Of course it helps to spread the word though. But a creative, interesting form of communication/video is able to get the same or more views, clicks and attention as most of the popular streamers do, and probably even more in your focused customer groups.

Quantity just doesnt automatically mean quality.

Gaming became too much corrupted by capitalism and became too much mainstream these days.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Well there's big partnered twitch streamers their population daily 1,000 to 5,000 they do want to interview Mr. JTodd and Gordon

Or just few of em with huge community.

So I do agree with Skarthy in a point that Live stream FAQ/Interview should be done freely or with requirement x amount of population/peaks.

I know it might be very frustrating to those with streams that have low population viewers at the moment, but if you want to reach out to people to feel comfortable to pledge  that's how it's done.

example:

h1z1 got very popular because all popular streamers have been invited to soe studio and played h1z1, before it went into early access in steam.

then their fan base bought h1z1 when it was out on steam.

I'd suggest to:

Accept FAQ / Interviews from high population streamers and low population streamers then you get => more => $ or $$ or $$$ or $,$$$ and $$,$$$ as well as maybe $$$,$$$

Cheers :D

Most of the popular streamers remain impartial because it serves them better and it gives their audience more trust in them.... h1z1 didn't really benefit from the studio invites that SOE sent out, most of the streamers did not accept them. 

What they did benefit from was after EA launched popular streamers showing off battle royale... that was the big hit in the game...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I'm really just concerned about how many trees had to die for this thread.

Your carbon footprint is growing exponentially.

It's not anything like exponential growth. It's basically linear.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Wait? So did you pledge Skarthy?

"Paint me like one of your French girls Jack"

-Unknown

This was a surprisingly entertaining read.  I respect your effort Skarthy.

I'd also add, not to engage with economic terrorists.  This is their livelihoods! :D

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to come plead your case on our show, I think it'd be fun.

Edited by valor

*Clap* *Clap* This thread has made my night Skarthy well done love the whole ride. 

P.S. I need a gps to tell me where the box and key are at all times some bandits between me an it plus something big and nasty on the box that has previously gone unmentioned.

CFpost38.pngCFpost39.png

good read swarthy . some good and well intentioned humour along the way i understand what you're getting at here. ( like mr arawulf and many others) i've played a ton of alpha games/beta and they spent literally 10x if not more as much on costs yadda yadda yadda getting their games together and still didn't look anything like crow fall. (sadly since i won't have funds for long time I've only spent 5$ on crow fall .... but i think they will do well so yea ... :)

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

He said he's using recycled paper! I just can't Quote it for some *strange* reason  ;)

Try to use multi quote.

The last 2 pictures dont work for me...

Edited by IamMe

I AM ME!
I love you all.

"He" said he wasn't really a Pirate.

I couldn't be fooled.  Using elite Internet skills I copied a random image then pasted it here.

I know it's "him" though.  Read the t-shirt, it's a dead give away to his money laden chests . . .

. . . er, both of them. 

I mean, well, not THOSE, the other ones.

pirates_38.jpg

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

I did not read the whole thread, but I kinda hope none of the devs answer, you will not pledge and I will never get to see you in the game.

I hope you realize that we need (even more) people to pledge and play the game? Without other players this game won't be successful and not be online for long.

So why not welcome everyone who's interested in the game and thinking of pledging (more), instead of chasing them away? You're not helping this community, ACE and the game with your reply. Not at all.  :angry:

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I hope you realize that we need (even more) people to pledge and play the game? Without other players this game won't be successful and not be online for long.

So why not welcome everyone who's interested in the game and thinking of pledging (more), instead of chasing them away? You're not helping this community, ACE and the game with your reply. Not at all.  :angry:

This.  When players are content, you want more players.  Being toxic doesn't help anyone.