Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VIKINGNAIL

Hardcore ruleset suggestion: No SCT, No healthbars...

TTK has never factored into the depth and ability to read a game... it only factors in to how punishing you want mistakes to be....

This doesn't even make sense. TTK is all about the depth of combat. Damage vs mitigation, and other various components. That's depth. And mistakes/misses? lol another layer of depth. Sheesh... Some people's children.

OS_Sig3.png

This doesn't even make sense. TTK is all about the depth of combat. Damage vs mitigation, and other various components. That's depth. And mistakes/misses? lol another layer of depth. Sheesh... Some people's children.

Arguing with vn is like arguing with a cartoon character, neither are real.

well hiding the ui will become quite a nice feature.

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

All these silly game mode suggestions are only going to fragment the player base further. That's one of the things I'm worried about with Crowfall. 

I'd much rather have large campaigns with healthy numbers of players over tons of crap campaigns with different rules. 

Games are transitioning out of selling map packs and other things that fragment their communities. Even games that could absolutely get away with charging for their map packs are no longer doing it (Halo 5). Players want to feel like they're playing a popular game, especially in an MMO. Lots of people won't play a game they think they'll like just because they've heard there's not a big community.

Edited by Zybak

All these silly game mode suggestions are only going to fragment the player base further. That's one of the things I'm worried about with Crowfall. 

I'd much rather have large campaigns with healthy numbers of players over tons of crap campaigns with different rules. 

Games are transitioning out of selling map packs and other things that fragment their communities. Even games that could absolutely get away with charging for their map packs are no longer doing it (Halo 5). Players want to feel like they're playing a popular game, especially in an MMO. Lots of people won't play a game they think they'll like just because they've heard there's not a big community.

finally!!!!

I'm not the only one preaching it anymore :wub: :wub:

If you run out of stamina irl are you aware of it. Of course you are. Until games make you hurt for real when you take damage I don't see this working. In my opinion you just wanted to insult the skill of whoever disagrees with you, as usual.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

They can make many different variations on the rules and see which ones can fill up campaigns... I'm not really worried about fragmenting the playerbase because they are already planning many different ways for different types of players to enjoy the game.

I certainly wouldn't want a scenario where really hardcore pvpers were forced in to a more tame ruleset just because, or less hardcore pvpers were forced into a harsher ruleset just because... the whole point of their design is to offer flexibility in rulesets....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

If you run out of stamina irl are you aware of it. Of course you are. Until games make you hurt for real when you take damage I don't see this working. In my opinion you just wanted to insult the skill of whoever disagrees with you, as usual.

Sorry but a game hiding a lot of information that other competitive genres often hide is not the equivalent to hurting real life when you take damage.... 

Zybak and freeze YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Unfortunately it has already happened. I was not here in the beginning but the impression I got from assimilating the info was that once EK's ether turned into or were clarified as a no risk place where people that don't support the original game ideal can hang out and spend money the community fractured. It fractured again when the entire active posting community was excised. Now this board is nothing more than a bug reporting tool with cheerleaders!

Zybak and freeze YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Unfortunately it has already happened. I was not here in the beginning but the impression I got from assimilating the info was that once EK's ether turned into or were clarified as a no risk place where people that don't support the original game ideal can hang out and spend money the community fractured. It fractured again when the entire active posting community was excised. Now this board is nothing more than a bug reporting tool with cheerleaders!

The original game ideal has never changed including the EK aspect of it. 

we already get custom ruleset from the bloodstone people. So my guess is that ACE maybe will offer very short campaigns (some weeks or so) with new rulesets like fewer information, no magic classes/promotions, entry with requirements (only veterans, only one class - silly but possible) to test them out and see the feedback. 

The good thing is - they can dynamically adjust to a broad audience (my guess)

So I can see this coming in some way. However I can't see this being there right from the start. 

Though I have to say I'm not sure if you make the most hardcore ruleset ever and have fun with only a few when the world is designed for many. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

When I first joined someone pm'd me asking if I knew why all the SB players were leaving. Now I can answer that question. There is NOTHING even remotely hardcore about keeping all your crap in a safe zone and going on hardcore pvp campaigns.

Edited by KRIPTIK

we already get custom ruleset from the bloodstone people. So my guess is that ACE maybe will offer very short campaigns (some weeks or so) with new rulesets like fewer information, no magic classes/promotions, entry with requirements (only veterans, only one class - silly but possible) to test them out and see the feedback. 

The good thing is - they can dynamically adjust to a broad audience (my guess)

So I can see this coming in some way. However I can't see this being there right from the start. 

Though I have to say I'm not sure if you make the most hardcore ruleset ever and have fun with only a few when the world is designed for many. 

and this is exactly what we're talking about!!!

everyone thinks there will be so many different campaigns with all different little rule differences and there will be just the perfect campaign for everybody out there.

This is a huge misconception and people need to be educated in that regard!

The folks that played actual PvP games before, know that a dropping population is the WORST thing that can happen. Because players are the content in these type of games.

Just like Zybak said

Edited by freeze

Would agree there is a point when too many rulesets gets ridiculous. BUT the games main design concept is the dying worlds and having various ruleset options. Only time will tell just how many is too many I guess. We get what 4-5 base rulesets then multiple within those? Sounds like enough to me. So yeah agree all these little special rulesets is a bit silly.

If one wants options then ask for them in the base game setup menus and toggle the options on/off yourself, having separate CWs for each setup preference is nonsense.

and this is exactly what we're talking about!!!

everyone thinks there will be so many different campaigns with all different little rule differences and there will be just the perfect campaign for everybody out there.

This is a huge misconception and people need to be educated in that regard!

The folks that played actual PvP games before, know that a dropping population is the WORST thing that can happen. Because players are the content in these type of games.

Just like Zybak said

They've designed the game specifically to figure out which rulesets can attract players... They are very open to ideas on that... so we will see rulesets for all sorts of types of players, if the playerbase can support it... some rulesets will be flops, some will be big hits....

Dropping population is a bad thing that can happen in any mmorpg, and stagnating is a big reason that that can happen, hence their design....