Find results that contain...
Find results in...

01/20/15 - Character Creation Preview: Runes Runes Runes

jtoddcoleman

01/20/15 - Character Creation Preview: Runes Runes Runes

Hey folks,

It's that time again!

On the menu today we are serving:

- The fourth installment in the "Banner Concepts" series. The inclusion of this scene is probably not huge surprise to anyone -- it's basically a "reverse shot" (and a prequel, I suppose) to the "Ramparts" image that we dropped last week. Internally, we refer to this image as the "Calling the Banners" image, for obvious reasons.

Crowfall_CallTheBannersConcept.jpg

- Next up is an example Fealty Chart.  This isn't a guild org chart -- we support guilds (and guild structures) but we've laid a different system on top of that, which ties player fealty directly to land ownership.   More on that system, and how it ties to siege conquest, will be coming soon. 

Crowfall_Hierarchy.jpg

- Lastly, presenting the 2/2 page of character creation -- in which a few more questions are answered.  In this one, you get a glimpse of the "Advantages" and "Disadvantages" system (which SB players will recognize as a direct descendent of the talents and traits system, only with more customization.)  As an interesting side note, we're actually in the process of going over these two pages (again!) right now, looking for ways to further streamline the interface.  Next time you see these screens, we'll likely have split it into 3 pages (to split appearance customization out as a separate step.)

Crowfall_CharacterCreate_runes.jpg

Hope you enjoy this update, and stay tuned -- we have a more substantial update coming later this week.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me begin by saying artwork looks wallpaper worthy and I can't wait to see how sieges will work :D

The guild system looks really good. Its nice to have the whole hierarchy going since it allows for branches on the same guild which could be really fun.

I got slightly concerned when I noticed that there where no customisation options (Meaning that they would use a hero system like MOBA's) but then I read more carefully that appearance customisation will be in another screenshot. Guess we'll have to wait 'till then  :rolleyes:

The runes should offer some variety in builds, but I get the feeling that people are simply going to just google "best build" in the internet and pick whichever minmaxed build fits their play style best (Like every other MMO!). However, it stills offers depth and complexity for people who want it which is a nice addition.

JTC...thanks again for moar teases...

and...will you have mah cyberbabies?

cereally....awesome to see the "traits" section...some to gain points (disadvantages) some to spend them on....

looks like i was correct on the dots under the model being for male and female....

the "fealty" bit looks interesting, can't wait to see MOAR!!!

i can haz alpha?

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

The guild system looks really good. Its nice to have the whole hierarchy going since it allows for branches on the same guild which could be really fun.

Actually he said what is in the picture ISN'T the guild system:

This isn't a guild org chart -- we support guilds (and guild structures) but we've laid a different system on top of that

What it is, is a faction chart IMHO and it looks like the guilds will have to fight for position inside the faction (as well as have the factions ally/fight against each other). The Guild that controls the area has it's guild leader as the king and the other pictures are of guild leaders of other guilds inside that faction. If this is true the politics could get really interesting, real quick.

Even jacked the shadowbane rune names.  Nice work.  I like the "negative runes".  Dimwitted! 

Can you directly control your characters stats?  I don't see anything that seems to support that in creation window.

Looks very sleek.

The bonuses/traits seem to basically be the same as what Camelot Unchained is doing, too, with their Bane & Boons character creation system.

Crazy Talk co-co-co-gl

Guardians of Moonforest fangirl

Archived