Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/20/15 - Character Creation Preview: Runes Runes Runes

Its amazing how much you think everything should be tailored to your sensitivities.

Get good or get got.

Or find some friends who are good.  Or find a King who needs someone to write songs about his victories.  Or chop down some trees.

There should be plenty to do for people who are not part of the 1% of PvPer uberness.  (By my count, that's 99% of us.)

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

Or find some friends who are good.  Or find a King who needs someone to write songs about his victories.  Or chop down some trees.

There should be plenty to do for people who are not part of the 1% of PvPer uberness.  (By my count, that's 99% of us.)

Looks like a lot of victims.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Looks really great!!!!!! So excited :D

Very nice graphics~ and wow fealty system <3

Hope character customization for appearance will be as indepth!

3d0d8f69-fe9b-4388-a220-3b2486e07d40_zps

I'm crying tears of Joy right now after seeing this. It's everything I had hoped for.

The skies have parted and a great light has shined down on us from above.

You have my sword!

I am sorry but, sort of got hung up on the +10 to dimwitted......really? we need a rune for that? lol!

I'm imagining a sweet Mendicant build.  Take Poor Eyesight and Dim Witted runes at creation.  Spike Warmth Conversion and Hunger Resistance.

IhhQKY6.gif

What I'm getting at is that of the creation runes shown, a few of them look to be copies of SB creation runes, in name and creation cost (maybe not in function). Since this is shaping up to be a spiritual successor to SB in a way.  Looking at the SB mechanics of char creation could prove very beneficial. To each their own.

I gotcha. What I was getting at is that they are very similar to name and function of advantages and disadvantages in GURPS, which was the inspiration for ShadowBane's runes system.

So we were saying the same thing.

That said, I have asked for an SB clarification from players at times while speculating. It has been helpful.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I am sorry but, sort of got hung up on the +10 to dimwitted......really? we need a rune for that? lol!

You sacrifice some Intellect (possibly) for more Creation Points. Could be worth it for Classes who don't need INT.

Edited by kris

I like it, and the whole idea of just making whatever was the best off of some site didn't work as well in SB. So many good builds (and bad) is one thing that made it special. If this system is much like that one then there won't be so many bad traits/runes. If there is anywhere close to the amount of race/class/trait combinations here it will be great.

One thing I guess I would say to add for new people is some suggested builds.  SB did have an issue with people leaving once they A) found out they character they spent a few months on was trash (later that did not matter when you could max level in two days). Or B ) lost their city and thought there was no way to come back (later people found it wasn't as hard as they thought to get a city).

Edited by monsterod

I don't see how these stat boosts/decreases would be that "hard" to learn as some are saying. From what it looks like, you can boost a stat, but you have limited points, however you can decrease a stat for more points if desired.

7lXqKFL.gif

Give them a chance before you jump to conclusions, all we know is that it's a PVP centric MMO with a mysterious fuedal system similar to SB, a char creation system similar to SB and made by the guys who made SB/Wiz 101/all of the SW mmo's and Ultima.  They have stated it's not SB2, please give them the courtsey of showing you why it isn't before anybody stomps their feet like a petulant child over all the reasons it's similar. 

Personally, I could pass on the screenshots for the next update.

I would like to see a couple of one liners from the Devs "This game will / will not be like Shadowbane." & "This game will / will not have fully open world PvP."

The second one was already answered (I thought) and the answer was it "will not".  There will be PvP and if you want to make the most of the game you will have to take part... but there will be safeguards / safe areas.  At least that's what i thought I read here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/818-pvp-with-official-dev-response/?p=18417

But, I guess people see what they want to see and interpret how they want to.

So I would like the Devs to say it again... using little words.  And make it an official release.

Actually, every single one of my arguments were against either non-consensual PvP or looting or both. If they'd just clarify if those are going to be a thing or not, would go a long way to clearing up the obvious rift in this community.

I'm going to really enjoy pking you nonconsensually

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Personally, I could pass on the screenshots for the next update.

I would like to see a couple of one liners from the Devs "This game will / will not be like Shadowbane." & "This game will / will not have fully open world PvP."

The second one was already answered (I thought) and the answer was it "will not".  There will be PvP and if you want to make the most of the game you will have to take part... but there will be safeguards / safe areas.  At least that's what i thought I read here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/818-pvp-with-official-dev-response/?p=18417

But, I guess people see what they want to see and interpret how they want to.

So I would like the Devs to say it again... using little words.  And make it an official release.

i think you'll find this trolling approach is what they want to do deliberately...to make us guess and speculate ot keep us busy between teases

everytime they come out with something concrete, it's one less thing they can dance around, eh?

but i am convinced the Crow is a cruel bird....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Where have they stated that?  I've been giving them more than a chance and it's enough already.  At least, let us know some basics so we needn't continue if this is not going to be our thing like will there be nonconsensual PvP and looting and if the only PvE is to support the PvP'ers, because the hell with that too quite frankly.

Sounds to me like you need to step away from things entirely and come back in 35 days.  They specifically said they were playing the bait/hint games until then.  What exactly do you think would be left for a big hyped up reveal in a month if they just revealed everything to you right now?  :rolleyes:

Have you?  Granted I haven't read all of your posts, I have other things to do in life, but the posts I do see that you wrote, all you've done is complain about this game. 

What DO you like about this game?  Anything at all?

This.  ffs...

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Or --  they're right on base and the truth hurts.  I've seen no one explain exactly why that OPEN PvP (in other words you don't know when and where you'll get jumped still) can't work just as will with just those who are willing to participate.  Only cowards want those whose skills don't match their own.

The point you're missing, or just not comprehending, is that in a open pvp game, everyone is a willing participant when they click to log in.  That's the sort of game open PvP fans want.  It has nothing to do with jumping less skilled players.  It has to do with everyone existing in a virtual world with actual consequences for the things they do/say.  You're not doing a good job of making allies around these parts by the looks of things, but considering I'm going to go out on a huge limb and say the game will 100% have your definition of non-consensual PvP, I doubt it will bother you much anyway considering you'll just stop following the game the second they give you proof of what's already evident to most here.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png