Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/20/15 - Character Creation Preview: Runes Runes Runes

Exactly!  Take this statement for example:

ThomasB, on 14 Jan 2015 - 4:32 PM, said:snapback.png

Now, this statement can mean different things to different people depending on what they want to see in game.  One person could interpret it as they may be able to craft w/ o any interference at all where another may say it doesn't say that at all just says you can do something alone but of course you are taking a chance of being ganked while doing it.  It is always going to be open to the point of reference the reader is coming from.

If  you add this quote from Tully in there ... the later is most likely however,

"Now, I'm not saying that absolutely everything is PvP focused and theres no way at all to avoid the terror that is human kind. But make no mistake, wether you're a fighter or a not, to get the most out of the game you'll likely have to deal with the ongoing threat of a knife in the back, an arrow to the knee, a hammer to the head... you get my point. "

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/818-pvp-with-official-dev-response/#entry18417

Also, I think Blaze needs to read and digest that quote from Tully as well. She seems so against any PvP, but yet you have a quote like this pretty much telling you to get the most out of the game, expect to have to PvP.

In the end I hope you give it a try, and enjoy PvP. But the way it is going right now I think you might have a line of players waiting in line in game to knife ya in the back, put a arrow in yer knee, or a hammer to da head ... know what I mean lol. But all you have to do is use a different name, so it's all good. Hope to see you in game someday :)

Edited by sarin

I'm positive that if CF provides a Tutorial/Training area that people like Blaze and myself will feel much happier about stepping out of Noob world.

I've just posted a thread in the suggestion area.

I would be suprised if they didn't have one to be honest. Shadowbane had one until level 20. 

I would be suprised if they didn't have one to be honest. Shadowbane had one until level 20. 

That makes me feel better. Coz if I couldn't dazzle you with brilliance I'd just have to baffle you with bs, and I'm guessing ... that would only work for about 2 seconds.

Yes I'm really liking that character customisation. Enough there to play with for optimisation.

288mqgz.png

I'm positive that if CF provides a Tutorial/Training area that people like Blaze and myself will feel much happier about stepping out of Noob world.

I've just posted a thread in the suggestion area.

Everyone's the same.  Don't believe the people who claim they will rule no matter what. 

Every new game requires a period of learning and adjustment.  And there will be little quirks and tricks, what works with what.  Spellborn had a combat wheel that I loved once I learnt to use it.  But it took a while and you really had to set it up correctly or it was useless.  A lot of players simply never learnt how.

This will be the same no doubt.

In other words, we're not going to spend the time and effort to build a female Elken if we think no one is going to play it.

But how do you really know? In Darkfall there is a beast wolf-race called mahirim, but both have male and female, infact i choose the female even if is less played because personally i like it more.

Mahirim_of_tribelands.jpg

Liking something is subjective of the individual, so why not? Let your own playerbase decide what to play.

Anyway thanks a lot for the explanation. 

...that said, if it seems like we left one out -- and you guys feel strongly about it -- we can always add it.  It's not "cheap", but it is "easy"  -- meaning that isn't not a difficult or risky task, because it doesn't change the system or the design.  It's just new art.

I see, so imo, is better that you can add both gender for every race, maximizing the player choices, even if only a 10% will play it. After all is not something that change the core of the game and is easy to implement.

You can also add more gender later, but please don't discard this feature, consider it till the end. 

- No, the weapon choices are not locked to the archetype.  If you pick up a sword, and you have the pre-reqs, you can use it.  Want to use a bow?  Equip that, instead.  A few weapons are specific to particular base or promotion class (like the Icecleaver, above) but that's the exception, not the norm.

This is very good to hear. Freedom is important.

More of this will make sense once we release more detailed information about character advancement.  Runes are just the first piece of the puzzle.

I really want to know how the loot system work, is a full loot? Is the world a true open wolrd without gates? Is FFA pvp? Is the combat different and more action compared to the old tab targeting skillfest system?

These features are very important and i hope they are in, after all you told us about real conseguences, and i think they are mandatory for a true and competitive sandbox.

But i guess you will tell us this in the coming weeks when you will reveal your whole vision. :)

Thanks again Todd for your hard work.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Sweet Lord, this is pure BEAUTY!!! I love this new update!!!

I can't help but not to notice, that the same people are like energetic vampire. Every time we get a new peek, here they come to put our hype down, then many of us go berserk over same "stew pet" arguments, which it seems they feed with?

Well, not gonna play their game, just gonna ignore the ignorant and enjoy this hype train that Devs are bringing to us!

Edited by jewels

As far as I'm concerned, this has been confirmed as being Shadowbane 2.0 with even more starting rune and build options what with negative effecting runes!!!!

Cannot wait!

As far as I'm concerned, this has been confirmed as being Shadowbane 2.0 with even more starting rune and build options what with negative effecting runes!!!!

Cannot wait!

*bursts into laughter* Just earlier in this thread there was clash of titans about how it is NOT Shadowbane 2.0

I do not remember who exactly presented the argument that as soon as this game will be called 'Shadowbane 2.0' enough times the rumor spread and it will be branded as such. And here we go.

If that will be the case I wonder how much time will pass before people who believe in this will become majority of present community and that in turn start to influence their take on this project.

Edited by rolan storm

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

There will most likely be a new island of sorts....A safe zone with tutorial like tasks for new characters and all that jazz.

But when you hit the mainland, it's on like donkey kong, whether you accept that or not.

Seems the logical guess.

Edited by fuggeroffuggington

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

greetings and from me : )

well i am fast reader and often bypass many things. So these i kept was guild banners and land. Holy moly this sounds like a true medievall form of structure xD

the art style is appealing so far for the banner picture and the UI and the character, this i would like to see some more details on animations and graphics details !

about the depth in character build, it looks promising for me and i love that finaly a developers gives the option to the player to build his own character in detail, even if the build is not working great, it doesnt matter it will be his choice ! please leave this flexibility and in the skills it would be amazing !

about the character visuals i have to admit that could be in more detail but i would like at least to build an old or young character (except you plan to create a system where the character as lvl up, grows and from a kid becomes an adult which would be AWESOME nvm my dreams :P ). in generall i am player who likes visual changes. and i hope the banners will also be implemented also in game as visuals for the characters or on the landscape :)

cheers !!!

5a1b3fea-fc4c-485e-87da-0147a0f11ae3.png

So am I the only one that noticed that the Lucky rune has no positive or negative sign next to its cost like all the other runes?  Just a little detail I picked up on that I didn't see anybody else bring up throughout this entire topic. 

So am I the only one that noticed that the Lucky rune has no positive or negative sign next to its cost like all the other runes?  Just a little detail I picked up on that I didn't see anybody else bring up throughout this entire topic. 

picking it properly gives or negates 5 points randomly :P

It doesn't say if it gives you good luck or bad luck ;)

There will most likely be a new island of sorts....A safe zone with tutorial like tasks for new characters and all that jazz.

But when you hit the mainland, it's on like donkey kong, whether you accept that or not.

Seems the logical guess.

Maybe there will be a system for a new toon to teleport to his (her) guild from the starter area once he affiliates with a guild that has a city. That way the PK's won't have such an easy watering hole to stake out. Of course some may consider it a challenge to run that gauntlet.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Lucky sounds like good luck.

In GURPS, it was a fairly expensive modifier that affected a lot of different rolls in a small way. So I speculate -10 creation points, and +1 modifier to all random rolls. 

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)