Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/20/15 - Character Creation Preview: Runes Runes Runes

"Customize Hero" .............  :wacko:

What if I dont want to be a Hero?!

What if I want to be an errant Knight, or a merciless barbarian that slays kids and eats them for dinner?

A gang of mothercustarda' raiders slaying merchants and raining havoc all over the knigdom?

CRAP

What if I want to be an errant Knight, or a merciless barbarian that slays kids and eats them for dinner?

A gang of mother****a' raiders slaying merchants and raining havoc all over the knigdom?

CRAP

They're heroes to some poor slob somewhere, no need to get hung up on semantics.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

rly nice artwork and thank god there isnt any appearance lock ... and the chars will be utterly unique with the points, some gonna have adv to some others and vice versa looking forward for more releases 

Even jacked the shadowbane rune names.  Nice work.  I like the "negative runes".  Dimwitted! 

Can you directly control your characters stats?  I don't see anything that seems to support that in creation window.

i think that they way to control the stats is through the runes some give + to str + to dex and e.t.c i would also want to add if those + to the primary stats are gonna make a difference in the game or its just for the beginner lvls?

A gang of mother****a' raiders slaying merchants and raining havoc all over the knigdom?

CRAP

The Homeric Heroes assaulted and pillaged the cities they conquered. "Hero" can be a very broad term.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

My two cents on what we have seen so far of the character models.

* please don't go overboard on the size of the weapons to where it looks ridiculous

* must elves have such HUGE bat ears?  Shadowbane elves and irekei did fine with modest-sized pointy ears

The Homeric Heroes assaulted and pillaged the cities they conquered. "Hero" can be a very broad term.

exactly...

a Viking is a hero to his crew and his village...

not so much to the folks watching the longboat approach...or fleeing the oncoming Mongols, Legion etc....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

My two cents on what we have seen so far of the character models.

* please don't go overboard on the size of the weapons to where it looks ridiculous

* must elves have such HUGE bat ears?  Shadowbane elves and irekei did fine with modest-sized pointy ears

I completely agree on the weapons. I think what we've seen so far looks great.

I agree somewhat on the ears thing, but I'll take side-pointing spike ears as long as my weapon isn't three time my size. Seriously.

...that said, if it seems like we left one out -- and you guys feel strongly about it -- we can always add it.  It's not "cheap", but it is "easy"  -- meaning that isn't not a difficult or risky task, because it doesn't change the system or the design.  It's just new art.

Thanks for the reply and clarification, hell thanks for everything in general.. but if it is not too much to ask, and I may be in the minority here.... could we get Minotaur, Centaur, Lizardman, or anything but the "cute" squirrel/raccoon/muskrat/lemming man animation.

"Evil is relative.  You can't hang a sign on it.  You can't touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword.  Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger."  - Glen Cook, The Black Company

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Thanks for the reply and clarification, hell thanks for everything in general.. but if it is not too much to ask, and I may be in the minority here.... could we get Minotaur, Centaur, Lizardman, or anything but the "cute" squirrel/raccoon/muskrat/lemming man animation.

It looks like there are possibly more races that we haven't seen. I don't really mind the Badger, could be cool, but I also agree some more unusual races would be nice. Minotaur is a great one, but could also be something unique to the game like SB did with Arakoi and Irekei.

This makes me hopeful that maybe we won't even have to be in a guild.  Which is fine with me, I like to play with a lot of different people and not be locked

into who I can play with and have fun with.  On the gender lock debate....Crowfall go ahead and  make both genders available,  which  I am a female and

would like that option, which is only fair.

Okay, this is by far the most intriguing update/teaser.

Let me start by admitting my wrongs, thinking that each banner represents each character. From the Fealty Tree, we can obviously can see that this is not true.

Secondly, I like where the creation poins went. I had plenty of ideas for their use, including something similar to this. Absolutely love how it turned out.

Now for the new screnshot of the character creation/custimization screen. I think we can now see that the classes will not be genderlocked. Hence the tiny female symbol on the top. I am pretty sure that once we get into the game we will be able to change our males and females however we want.

And last, but not least, the concept art is absolutely amazing. Gives us even more ideas of the role of guilds in this game.This game will most probably be something I haven't quite yet experienced, which, i guess, is what you guys were trying to create.

Someone explain to me what runes are

When you create your character you get creation points or stat points, you can just dump them into the stats or you can take "runes".  They may add to one stat and take away from another, add a skill, add to a skill's value, add to your regen rate of mana, health, stam, etc.   

If you want an idea of what they were in SB check out the wiki.  This system may not replicate SB's but should give you a good idea regardless

http://mordkessel.com/morloch/index.php?title=Starting_Traits

i think that they way to control the stats is through the runes some give + to str + to dex and e.t.c i would also want to add if those + to the primary stats are gonna make a difference in the game or its just for the beginner lvls?

I would assume It will just be for the beginner lvls but with their emphasis on "consequences" who knows how far any decisions made that early will affect game play further down the road. All pure speculation at this point

If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with truthiness

"Evil is relative.  You can't hang a sign on it.  You can't touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword.  Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger."  - Glen Cook, The Black Company

Great books, but he's still wrong. :)

CF_Van.png

I would assume It will just be for the beginner lvls but with their emphasis on "consequences" who knows how far any decisions made that early will affect game play further down the road. All pure speculation at this point

I would assume they will be meaningful at every level because it has to be balanced with the runes that may add things such as +x% Resist or +x% defense. The stats will make a difference but it isn't going to be the end of the world if you aren't 100% efficient with starting decisions.