Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/20/15 - Character Creation Preview: Runes Runes Runes

This system looks really cool! Is there a set number of creation points overall or maybe a set amount for each race/class, or what if its a D&D style randomly generated number?! :D

This is my signature.  :mellow:

Yeah... um... 

JTC...thanks again for moar teases...

and...will you have mah cyberbabies?

cereally....awesome to see the "traits" section...some to gain points (disadvantages) some to spend them on....

looks like i was correct on the dots under the model being for male and female....

the "fealty" bit looks interesting, can't wait to see MOAR!!!

i can haz alpha?

I remember you from Lake Austin I believe?

It seems like you guys are doing an amazing thing here. Got a couple of people (about 4 or 5 so far) really amped up over the few things you've shown already. Just wanted to say that you guys/gals look like you're heading in a more-than-right direction.

Gah. I'm so excited.  So ready for this beta c:  I'm curious, is it one character per account or can you have multiple (fixed) or multiple (with upgrades to allow even more)

thangyyy_zpsfc2cd9cc.png

OK, it isn't clear from the screenshot, so let me jump in and clarify a bit.

- Most of the archetypes are not gender locked.  As a general rule humanoid archetypes allow for both genders, non-humanoids do not.  We made gut-level calls based on a combination of narrative and the expected popularity of the archetype.  In other words, we're not going to spend the time and effort to build a female Elken if we think no one is going to play it.

...that said, if it seems like we left one out -- and you guys feel strongly about it -- we can always add it.  It's not "cheap", but it is "easy"  -- meaning that isn't not a difficult or risky task, because it doesn't change the system or the design.  It's just new art.

- After selection of archetype, the system opens up in terms of appearance and customization: advantages / disadvantages, promotion classes and other specializations (some of which we haven't talked about yet.)

- No, the weapon choices are not locked to the archetype.  If you pick up a sword, and you have the pre-reqs, you can use it.  Want to use a bow?  Equip that, instead.  A few weapons are specific to particular base or promotion class (like the Icecleaver, above) but that's the exception, not the norm.

More of this will make sense once we release more detailed information about character advancement.  Runes are just the first piece of the puzzle.

Todd

ACE

Super excited, thank you for clearing the one reservation I had about the whole game!

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

Will it be playable from a mobile device? Or from a touchscreen? The aesthetics points toward it.

I like the character creation so far, I love to distribute points (damn I miss it in games), to actually be in control of leveling-up a char.

I'd prefer a more realistic look (yeah, many here said it's overrated, but I like it when my characters can look like a person; and very often, the scenario is realistic too - which is a plus for me) but it's still a pretty design.

All in all, I won't throw all my coins on this title....yet; but it's really promising.

I'm jumping out of my boots right now!  This looks so much like Shadowbane 2.0!  The shields, the runes, the attributes, the seiges... FINALLY YOU HAVE COME BACK!  

It's been what? 12ish years??

Will it be playable from a mobile device? Or from a touchscreen? The aesthetics points toward it.

I know one of the devvs, ( I believe Todd ) posted that it is unlikely to be playable on a tablet. So I would assume this holds true for mobile device as well.

He didn't say in the quote it never will be, but unlikely as of right now. I will try to find the link for you and edit it here when I find it.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7-what-will-i-need-to-run-crowfall/?hl=tablet#entry126

Edited by sarin

Hello my friends!

You must forgive me for these questions but I have just come to find out about Crowfall and know nothing about it.  My first question is on the banner system.  I'm not sure which approach you are taking to it so I'll list a few other systems and see if one is close. 

Will this be a system like WoW where you create a guild and then have access to all of the precreated patterns? 

Will this be like Diablo where the patterns are precreated, but you have to unlock them through activities ingame? 

Will this system give us more creative freedom such as Black Ops and allow us to design our own banners? 

Are these banners something we have the option to even choose or is it faction/race based?

My second question is centered around the character creation.  It seems to have a more Elder Scrolls feel which I really enjoyed and was hoping that is what this is.  There is a specific point you have to reach between over customization and not enough.  That said what all can we customize with our characters?  I see we have certain skill traits under the rune system (I'll research more into runes now) but will we also have creative freedom towards our character appearances? 

Thank you to anyone that reads this and hopefully answers it.  Feel free to reply to this, message me through the website, or reach me via twitter @primeguardhq.  I hope you all have an amazing day!

Edited by ExpBountyHunter

Okeedoky.  This is definitely good vibes on the character creation!   :lol:  Seeing the rune system a la SB pop up is definitely awesome, though I am still hoping to see some real customization for characters to appear as unique as possible.     

I can understand totally from a design standpoint to not have all races with both genders, especially if it makes sense with the supporting lore.  We've seen that work and it can work here for sure.  I just don't want it to be a thing where it just seems lacking if there is a major world-based presence for a race that clearly has need for its opposite gender and it's not there.  No female Taunka models from Blizzard still hit me as kinda sorta lazy even after all these years following Wrath of the Lich King.   :rolleyes:

wwsigcrowfall.jpg
                         ~For the Honor and Memory of Ahz Badaxe~

I do hope at least the "humanoid" looking characters will get male and female options. Creatures I understand for example Chua in WildStar are only male well technically genderless. But I hope anything that has humanlike features will get both genders. 

Will there be a pvp system?

I don't mean to be rude, but do a little reading starting with the manifesto on the main page. Will answer many questions.

In short to answer this basic question for you, yes. How the system exactly works is yet to be announced.

I really hope that some classes will have gender requirements to add to the immersion and realisim, like their being a "Vesta" ( I hope you payed attention in Latin back in school XD ) based temple or something, with female only priestesses like in the myths. Also i think it would be cool if they made some "races" gender neutral if they don't add an opposite gender! or what if they make up a new gender :P

What do you guys think they did?

This is my signature.  :mellow:

Yeah... um... 

The character creation is one of the most interesting things of this game. It's so life like, with the hunger resistance which may show that while running around and exploring you will have to replenish your energy. My idea would to to be that the higher your energy is the high the health regen. Now what would be awesome is if ArtCraft puts some Easter eggs, which i am sure they will.

I know one of the devvs, ( I believe Todd ) posted that it is unlikely to be playable on a tablet. So I would assume this holds true for mobile device as well.

He didn't say in the quote it never will be, but unlikely as of right now. I will try to find the link for you and edit it here when I find it.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7-what-will-i-need-to-run-crowfall/?hl=tablet#entry126

Thanks Sarin