Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/20/15 - Character Creation Preview: Runes Runes Runes

I don't mean to be rude, but do a little reading starting with the manifesto on the main page. Will answer many questions.

In short to answer this basic question for you, yes. How the system exactly works is yet to be announced.

Alright, thanks.

Shadowbane was my absolute favorite mmo when I was a teenager. Seeing the things I loved about that game coming back is so awesome! I am looking forward to seeing more about this game :)

I dont know if this was posted before but I think it would add for some interesting discussion. For those who have never seen it. Even lots of the rune names are the same. I'm hyped.

HAHA.jpg

This too might also be interesting to some.

New_Bitmap_Image.png

Edited by jdub

If any of you guys have played CK2, this looks exactly like their ruler designer in terms of stats. Kind've interesting.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Is the fealty chart, is that how teams are going to be built? Cause that's cool if it is, but it also looks to me like it'll make room for back stabbing.

Dang you're an Icy Witch.

I dont know if this was posted before but I think it would add for some interesting discussion. For those who have never seen it. Even lots of the rune names are the same. I'm hyped.

HAHA.jpg

This too might also be interesting to some.

New_Bitmap_Image.png

My thoughts exactly.

Archetypes are almost definitely going to be SB-style classes.

I want to know what the combat is like. My biggest fear is that its just another tab target system and requires no skill. 

Darkfall is dead and this seems pretty legit. Great Work so far :)

There is three other games coming out just like this... Let the race begin.

Which 3 are you referring to?

I am not sure we have enough info yet to compare it to other games .... yet. 

Closest I would compare it to at this point is Camelot Unchanined.

Edited by sarin

Game is not for everyone.

I lost count of how many times this has had to be said :(

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I really like a lot of the ideas behind what they are trying to do.  It does remind me a lot of my days playing Shadowbane.  I really loved that game.  Too bad the Wolfpack guys couldn't do a 2.0 version of that and that it's essentially dead, save for SBEmu.

Someone may have mentioned this already, to many messages to skim through, one thing I did notice is that is seems there is no race selection.  So it seems whatever Archetype you pick is basically your race and class and will generally look like that type of image (i.e. blue skin for the Frostweaver etc...).  I was never really a big fan of locking people in to specific race / class combinations.  Having only some races able to be some classes is fine, but a direct this race can only be this class, I don't really agree with.

But I guess we have to wait and see.

Edited by Etheric

OK, I am loving the runes that give advantages and disadvantages!!!  The ones showing are awesome too!  The hierarchy image is an interesting add too.

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif