Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/20/15 - Character Creation Preview: Runes Runes Runes

this is amazeballs. The character creation screen is so new-era SB...

You bastards are actually going to do it. You're going to steal another decade of my life.

LOL I was thinking the same thing haha, the difference this time around is now I have 2 younger kids, wife and a career. When I played SB I didn't have any of those... I am hoping this time around the "grind" is more friendly towards limited time, which it sounds like they are doing as well! 

SB actually wasn't too bad of a grind, when you pl'd lizzards under a temple anyway HAHA

SB influence is obviously strong, that or the mentality of Todd just persists from 1 game to another, so I would expect gender options, but also gender-specific professions like Fury/Huntress. The elf lady here kind of screams fury or ice channy.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Nice,  the character stas customization is very deep, but i'm waiting a confirmation that we will have male and female avatar for each archetype.

Yeah, confirmation would be nice I agree. But this pic (which is different from the other pic of customization) does show the Female symbol in the top right. Does it mean that there's a choice or not...I would like to think so...but it could be just some extra fluff that may have been added or deleted. Depends on what's newer, this pic or the other customization with the Knight.

QFT

you people keep calling and yer gonna wake them up...

just sayin'...

as it is , i'm trying to stir up interest on our forums....some are looking thiings over but the general opinion is "too early to get our hopes up"

that being said...Brek (brave sir robin) and Thallis are peeking....so be afraid....be very afraid....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

just sayin'...

as it is , i'm trying to stir up interest on our forums....some are looking thiings over but the general opinion is "too early to get our hopes up"

that being said...Brek (brave sir robin) and Thallis are peeking....so be afraid....be very afraid....

IE they're waiting to see if Todd has an interest in giving them custom FC gear

ZING

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

just sayin'...

Hahahaha.  I'm not scared!  We need more peoples to play. Even the icky ones. 

Hahahaha.  I'm not scared!  We need more peoples to play. Even the icky ones. 

me, Thallis and Brek... "icky"?

oh, that's right, you're from Test....

no worries

my Question is will there be moar Reveal today or just the one Post?

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

no worries

I don't think that *you* are icky... :)

I think this is probably it for today.... but he did say that there would be a more substantial one later this week. 

- The fourth installment in the "Banner Concepts" series  This.  The first thing that hit me was they were moving away, en mass, away from the burning city ( fortress)  heads down, defeated?   More than likely.  But so many?  There appear to be many banners retreating at once.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

no worries

I think it was mentioned for a larger reveal later in the week.

Just wish they would drop a hint on what combat is like, that's a big one. 

It also seems like classes will be race locked.

Edited by helix

Ah the myth of vast serf armies during medieval times still persists. The only place that mainly used a serf army during that entire time was Russia most of western Europe used Mercenaries once they got out of the Dark Ages, and once they found out their serf/citizen militias got stomped on by opponents that hired Mercenaries. Also feudal lords would keep large numbers (for the day, have to keep primitive logistics in mind) of mercenaries employed:

The other thing to keep in mind is when military campaigns happened: Planting season thru harvest just when you need the serfs in the fields. Also this was the time of siege warfare when few open field battles were fought and you don't man castles with serfs you do it with professionals.

Those 'serfs' were Russian voi. One of the main reasons that Russia is impossible to conquer is that whole nation fights (not the winter as everyone trying to imply, though it factors in). Volunteer militia units formed regularly made it that way. Plus there were borderline settlers that was 'muticlassing' between warfare and farming. I think those people later became Cossacks. So while Bailoch did not paint distinctly accurate historical picture neither you was correct by dismissing fact that while practice was limited it still was there. Also Bailoch did not mention any particular time period which makes his statement correct.

On the other hand less history and more discussion about Crowfall would be just right thing to do on these forums. So I'll get to it.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

just sayin'...

Don't tell me you guys had a guild named 'QFT'. No, seriously? I saw announcements, I monitored the game but when they declared it will be heavy PvP I switched my attention elsewhere. Looks like it was not that wise.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1