Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/20/15 - Character Creation Preview: Runes Runes Runes

More of this will make sense once we release more detailed information about character advancement.  Runes are just the first piece of the puzzle.

Hit me up with some lore babe.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

JTodd, is the Archtype's Armor tied to their model or will we be able to equip new items which will not only impact our armor and other stats, but be reflected cosmetically?

b7xcsz.jpg

In other words, we're not going to spend the time and effort to build a female Elken if we think no one is going to play it.

Aww. :( You could just pop off the horns and soften the features a bit... (yes I know it's not this easy)

Edited by txteclipse

Awesome! Now, going to point something out, if you look at who owns the town, the king, it should be, king/queen, otherwise, your saying girls can't rule the land! I'm worried about this, yes, it would be realistic but, honestly, I feel that'd be really unfair. 

Notice it also says Duchess. Those change depending on who holds the position. Don't get upset before you have a reason to. This isn't mainstream media.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Awesome! Now, going to point something out, if you look at who owns the town, the king, it should be, king/queen, otherwise, your saying girls can't rule the land! I'm worried about this, yes, it would be realistic but, honestly, I feel that'd be really unfair. 

If you look you can see there are Duchesses and Dukes.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

If you look you can see there are Duchesses and Dukes.

And even if there wasn't its a video game in a fantasy world, take your feminist movement to your Tuesday night we hate men gathering.

Notice it also says Duchess. Those change depending on who holds the position. Don't get upset before you have a reason to. This isn't Faux News.

fiXt...

the new info just feeds into me thinking more and more that the GURPS style that influenced SB is going to be taken next gen for CF

and that makes me happy in the pants indeed...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

fiXt...

the new info just feeds into me thinking more and more that the GURPS style that influenced SB is going to be taken next gen for CF

I wanted to like this post, but the pants and the happy, with the imagery...

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

fiXt...

(Insert hell yeah music video here)

Not realistic.  There were women ruling the lands!  

We originally did have "Queen" up there in the info-graphic, but it became confusing ("are there two rulers?"). We definitely do not intend to alienate the female gamers. :)

Larissa Angus

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct] [Personal Portfolio]

as yer Doctor, i will be offering ear bobbing along with my usual "services"

that should help....well, me at least....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

All I can say is...interesting. Not much theorycrafting for me here to make really, except for the 2nd pic. I'm guessing that's an organization of who the land goes to once the players atop have been defeated or killed. Land is a very important aspect of the "living simulation of a fantasy world", and in the real world, land gave you power and cash money galore. More Land=More Power=More $$$$$$.

ϟhαdσwßłαdə

Told you guys - let 'em flap.

Indeed, adding cat-like animation to elven ears will be much fun. :)

I am pretty sure that if she started swinging that crescent on a rope around trying to hit something, the ears would eventually get cut off.

OK, it isn't clear from the screenshot, so let me jump in and clarify a bit.

- Most of the archetypes are not gender locked.  As a general rule humanoid archetypes allow for both genders, non-humanoids do not.  We made gut-level calls based on a combination of narrative and the expected popularity of the archetype.  In other words, we're not going to spend the time and effort to build a female Elken if we think no one is going to play it.

...that said, if it seems like we left one out -- and you guys feel strongly about it -- we can always add it.  It's not "cheap", but it is "easy"  -- meaning that isn't not a difficult or risky task, because it doesn't change the system or the design.  It's just new art.

- After selection of archetype, the system opens up in terms of appearance and customization: advantages / disadvantages, promotion classes and other specializations (some of which we haven't talked about yet.)

- No, the weapon choices are not locked to the archetype.  If you pick up a sword, and you have the pre-reqs, you can use it.  Want to use a bow?  Equip that, instead.  A few weapons are specific to particular base or promotion class (like the Icecleaver, above) but that's the exception, not the norm.

More of this will make sense once we release more detailed information about character advancement.  Runes are just the first piece of the puzzle.

Todd

ACE

It sounds as if the archetypes are essentially pre-built race/class combinations- even if we can change their gender and appearance for the most part.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

could be sick if guilds carry banners into battle instead of crests-floating-above-your-head like sb

And the Banners could affect the battle materially, maybe a buff for nearby friendly troops when the banner is in the owner guild's hands and a debuff for a while if that banner has been taken. Each faction might have its own unique Banner buff.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)