Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seventhbeacon

"who Is This Guy?" Aka The Thread Formerly Known As "just Realized Why I'm Liking This Forum"

I may vehemently disagree with a lot of you about play style, and that's cool, but I just realized how even my adversaries aren't murdering the English language on these forums!

I mean, some folks are from other countries and/or English is not your primary language, and that's totally cool, no one expects it to be perfect, but in terms of the huge swath of internet users who simply fail at their own primary language, this community in general is kicking way more ass.

I just wanted to thank you guys for that.  /sniff

(Okay, now go ahead with the trolling and purposely bad spelling and grammar)   ;)

Edit: Lmao, changed the title so you guys can reenact this rousing game of 1v100.

Edit #2: Cleaned up the title.  Didn't want to name names in the topic itself.  Seemed unsportsmanlike.

Edited by seventhbeacon

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I may vehemently disagree with a lot of you about play style, and that's cool, but I just realized how even my adversaries aren't murdering the English language on these forums!

I mean, some folks are from other countries and/or English is not your primary language, and that's totally cool, no one expects it to be perfect, but in terms of the huge swath of internet users who simply fail at their own primary language, this community in general is kicking way more ass.

(Okay, now go ahead with the trolling and purposely bad spelling and grammar)   ;)

Someone quoted me earlier and I used the wrong "where"... I am very ashamed.  And I can't fix it in their quoted post.   :(

Someone quoted me earlier and I used the wrong "where"... I am very ashamed.  And I can't fix it in their quoted post.   :(

Oh, small mistakes here and there don't even show up on my radar any more, and I don't blame ya for wanting to fix it, I do that too.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Peepl that cair about gramm4r in an inf0rmal setting b4sically half diffikultee thincing outsyd tha b0x....

It's petty to let your frame of mind be impacted by such minor things...

Peepl that cair about gramm4r in an inf0rmal setting b4sically half diffikultee thincing outsyd tha b0x....

It's petty to let your frame of mind be impacted by such minor things...

Nah, I'm a creative-brained sort of guy.  I'd rather listen to a person's perspective than think "this guy is such a dumbass /ignore"

Shorthand typing in a time-sensitive gaming environment is one thing.  Forum and other electronic discussions is another.  The only benefit that it has in game is when Tweedle Twit is recruiting for his new guild on General Chat, I know which guild NOT to join. ;)

I seriously cannot wait to give you hell in-game.  

It's adorable how many new-era sb players have no clue what actual skill is.

Nah, I'm a creative-brained sort of guy.  I'd rather listen to a person's perspective than think "this guy is such a dumbass /ignore"

Shorthand typing in a time-sensitive gaming environment is one thing.  Forum and other electronic discussions is another.  The only benefit that it has in game is when Tweedle Twit is recruiting for his new guild on General Chat, I know which guild NOT to join. ;)

Life is time-sensitive... if you can convey a thought in an efficient manner that's all that matters.  I personally feel like people that focus too much on grammar in an informal setting are kinda odd.. and are generally very constricted in their understanding of things...

Edited by michaelflatley

The forum metagame with shadowbane was a pretty rough to you if your grasp of English was poor. Entire posts/threads were routinely disregarded and flamed for being poorly written, so it demanded a decent grasp. I credit forumbane to a lot of my ability in debate, quick writing/wit, and sharp tongue.

Edited by fuggeroffuggington

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

The forum metagame with shadowbane was a pretty rough to you if your grasp of English was poor. Entire posts/threads were routinely disregarded and flamed for being poorly written, so it demanded a decent grasp. I credit forumbane to a lot of my ability in debate, quick writing/wit, and sharp tongue.

You must be from a different era... in shadowbane's development and first year or two after release the forums were rough and grizzled like a group of viking warriors... maybe later on after the good pvpers left it became hoity toity...

It's adorable how many new-era sb players have no clue what actual skill is.

I don't care about skill.  I just want to kill you as many times as humanly possible.  Even if I have to bring an entire nation with me. 

You must be from a different era... in shadowbane's development and first year or two after release the forums were rough and grizzled like a group of viking warriors... maybe later on after the good pvpers left it became hoity toity...

I played from beta to close in SB, and have been active in the emulator from the get go. I had 15k posts on UBI, 2 advocate positions over ~4 years and a custom title. Sooooo pretty well versed in the forums...in every era.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

SkippyBojangle - PS4

I played from beta to close in SB, and have been active in the emulator from the get go. I had 15k posts on UBI, 2 advocate positions over ~4 years and a custom title. Sooooo pretty well versed in the forums...in every era.

didn't you hear Fugger...nurfed won SB and left...after that there was no game...

oh yeah, and WoW is the ultimate in PvP

there, introductions done....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Then you would know that the forums back when the game wasn't fail status were nothing like you have indicated...

didn't you hear Fugger...nurfed won SB and left...after that there was no game...

Nurfed did win SB... undefeated, dominated every server they touched... sent DHL and other nations packing to other servers at launch because they didn't wanna throw down with the big boys...

Oh as for WoW, no one has said wow had the ultimate pvp, that's your projection of a narrative that has to paint me as the boogy man... I merely said that people that can't even be good at the most standardized mmo pvp really don't know what being good is...

If you couldn't even break 2k in WoW (let alone 2900 like some of us) how could you possibly think you have a grasp for mmo pvp?  It'd be like being incapable of finishing dead mines, and claiming you were a top raiding mmo pver...

In the pvp community we have a label for people that can't be good at something, but claim it is bad... we call them scrubs...  It's cliche to hate on wow, it is the giant of the mmorpg industry... i just find it sad that some people are incapable of playing even a game like WoW proficiently, yet they want to dawg on it...  But it's typical in a zero-accountability culture these days... if you suck at something, say that something sucks, instead of admitting you suck.

Edited by michaelflatley

I didn't even realize nurfed ever played SB. Most of been a nonfactor server like Fear or Dread.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

SkippyBojangle - PS4

I didn't even realize nurfed ever played SB. Most of been a nonfactor server like Fear or Dread.

And this simply shows that you haven't actually been around... since nurfed was the best pvp guild in beta and live while we played... we were on scorn (you know where r30s announced they would be going and openly invited any other nation to put their money where their mouth was and try to beat us)

Then moved around as a merc crew dominating every server that claimed to offer real competition...

I dont think you've spent time on modern gaming forums if you think it was that bad back then

Uh... forums these days are much more heavily moderated lol...  PC obsessed culture... "toxicity" carebear whiners etc...

Edited by michaelflatley

Then you would know that the forums back when the game wasn't fail status were nothing like you have indicated...

Nurfed did win SB... undefeated, dominated every server they touched... sent DHL and other nations packing to other servers at launch because they didn't wanna throw down with the big boys...

Oh as for WoW, no one has said wow had the ultimate pvp, that's your projection of a narrative that has to paint me as the boogy man... I merely said that people that can't even be good at the most standardized mmo pvp really don't know what being good is...

If you couldn't even break 2k in WoW (let alone 2900 like some of us) how could you possibly think you have a grasp for mmo pvp?  It'd be like being incapable of finishing dead mines, and claiming you were a top raiding mmo pver...

In the pvp community we have a label for people that can't be good at something, but claim it is bad... we call them scrubs...  It's cliche to hate on wow, it is the giant of the mmorpg industry... i just find it sad that some people are incapable of playing even a game like WoW proficiently, yet they want to dawg on it...  But it's typical in a zero-accountability culture these days... if you suck at something, say that something sucks, instead of admitting you suck.

Easy to be undefeated when no one has ever heard of you and your claim to fame is beating DHL. You can't be serious? What servers did you dominate?

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Easy to be undefeated when no one has ever heard of you and your claim to fame is beating DHL. You can't be serious? What servers did you dominate?

I think you mean "a nobody has never heard of you"....

Anyone that was someone in beta or at launch knew who nurfed was lol... Scorn, mourning, dread, etc etc (admittedly i had quit after the first 3 but some of the crew continued on)

And this simply shows that you haven't actually been around... since nurfed was the best pvp guild in beta and live while we played... we were on scorn (you know where r30s announced they would be going and openly invited any other nation to put their money where their mouth was and try to beat us)

Then moved around as a merc crew dominating every server that claimed to offer real competition...

Uh... forums these days are much more heavily moderated lol...  PC obsessed culture... "toxicity" carebear whiners etc...

I'm aware of who the r30s are/were, didn't know them as nurfed affiliated. Thats the name I remember. If you don't actually think I played back then, just ask any player. I was a forum advocate for warlocks shortly and rangers for years, so I wasn't hiding, IC of the Ice Alliance on Chaos, Member of Scorned Death with the rolling 30s on Corruption, IC of Malice on vengeance, wrath, redemption, vindication, and brailla. Joined -X- on brailla, vindication, test, and the damn short lived servers after vindi.

Hard to claim dominance if you "won" one of the least populated servers and weren't a factor on the 2nd gen servers. R30s got run off corruption by CoS. Remnants were respectable members of some small scale pvp guild and Dissent later.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

SkippyBojangle - PS4