Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"who Is This Guy?" Aka The Thread Formerly Known As "just Realized Why I'm Liking This Forum"

I have to disagree.  The relevant ones are those potential customers who will become enthusiasts for what Crowfall will be (PvP and all), not those who have a narrow idea of reliving their glory days on a defunct game.

Also, this thread is not about that.  It's long since been derailed by the penis waving contest.

Are you sure?  I thought this thread was about the way forums are/were and comparing it to sb forums... I figured we should bring some of the sb forums into this since people were kinda inaccurate in how they remembered the sb forums being. 

I think this thread captures how sb forums were almost perfectly...

And yea I admit... those guys who are obsessed with reliving dead sb days and were never able to move on and compete in other games sure are silly...

Crowfall will be dominated by the best pvpers, and the sheep will follow...

If nobody else will brag about you, just brag about yourself. Right Mr. Flatley?

Seriously never heard of you. Ever. First day the first server was up through the EMU.

Fact: any guild that left before Corruption was even launched didn't even fully understand the game formulae. The idea that your guild played this complex game for the first 3 months of the game's existence tells me you probably can't adequately explain basic game mechanics.

Ever move on and play a relevant game instead of one that was already dead?  Surely in all these years you could have gone on and had an impact in another game...  in b4 "omg none of those other more skill-based games were good enough for me and my leet gamer knowledge"

Edited by michaelflatley
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I seriously cannot wait to give you hell in-game.  

I may vehemently disagree with a lot of you about play style, and that's cool, but I just realized how even my adversaries aren't murdering the English language on these forums!   I mean, some folks

That explains so much.  You think this is a forum for Shadowbane.  Hallelujah.

This, sir, is Crowfall, and it purports to fix the mistakes of the past, including the mistakes made with Shadowbane.

Ya but shadowbane's mistake wasn't being too hardcore, to be remedied in crowfall by being more carebear friendly... shadowbane's mistake was having a buggy crappy quality game. 

Are you sure?  I thought this thread was about the way forums are/were and comparing it to sb forums... I figured we should bring some of the sb forums into this since people were kinda inaccurate in how they remembered the sb forums being. 

I think this thread captures how sb forums were almost perfectly...

And yea I admit... those guys who are obsessed with reliving dead sb days and were never able to move on and compete in other games sure are silly...

Crowfall will be dominated by the best pvpers, and the sheep will follow...

Ever move on and play a relevant game instead of one that was already dead?  Surely in all these years you could have gone on and had an impact in another game...  in b4 "omg none of those other more skill-based games were good enough for me and my leet gamer knowledge"

You're delusional enough to believe that these guys talking to you somehow missed out on contemporary and later games like WoW, on Darkfall, EQ2, SWG and every other big title you somehow think you are an authority on.

But you're wrong. I'm sure that's a common position you find yourself in.

And your belief that Shadowbane was dead after your group left just because the first and only server you had the balls to begin to play (and not finish apparently) died is equally delusional. The most populated and competitive server in SB history that did not have the benefit of migrations to prop up population was Corruption ... the server your guild was very quickly burned off of.

Every SB server (and very likely this game will follow suit) eventually became stale once the server forces shook out. That's what happens in any truly competitive war game. Checkers, chess, football, ... it doesn't matter. The game board has to be reset once the game is "won." And every server in SB was won at one time or another, followed by stagnation.

So, ya. I think your vision may be compromised by that giant head of yours. I believe the official diagnosis is called a delusion of grandeur: 

http://psychcentral.com/encyclopedia/2008/delusion-of-grandeur/

Edited by coolwaters

I think you mean "a nobody has never heard of you"....

Anyone that was someone in beta or at launch knew who nurfed was lol... Scorn, mourning, dread, etc etc (admittedly i had quit after the first 3 but some of the crew continued on)

If you were as good as you constantly claim that you are, everyone would have heard of you.

I think everyone that played SB when it was alive knows of r30s and nurfed... the fact that you don't... well it tells the tale...

Also the fact that you don't even know how archeage NA launch went (hugely successful launch with a much larger demand than expected of a pvp game) is to be expected... i am sure you developed a skewed perspective about archeage to justify not touching another pvp mmo... it seems to be your thing... mmos with pvp just arent good enough for you man, it's not that you've only ever done ok in one, after most of the players had already quit... LOL

I find that kinda amusing... saw a lot of QQing about CN zergs on these forums... (real pvpers dont cry about getting outnumbered in a persistent world) yet it seems they favor zergs, just not when they are zerged... a good pvper welcomes 1v1 5v5, 10v100, whatever they can get that will provide a challenge... it's easy to hate on arenas... if you aren't good at them... but you really shouldn't criticize, til you've proven you know enough about something to criticize it....

late era SB players are in their little bubble of ignorance about mmo pvp... they don't know what is actually skillful, and they are basically being led to the slaughter for modern gamers when this game comes out...

They better pray crowfall is turnbased, or they are in a world of hurt when people with actual mechanical skills and reflex cross their paths...

But i'm sure at that point you late era sb players will just make some excuses, blame the game, and quit and go reminisce about your dead era sb battles...

omg dude, do you even know how the AA NA launch went? it was so horrific

and people that play arenas don't exactly get outnumbered.. so they wouldn't exactly complain about even numbers, would they? idk

i pray that no one will remember your name in the next game that comes out just like no one remembers u in this one

Qk6jfUu.png

You're delusional enough to believe that these guys talking to you somehow missed out on contemporary and later games like WoW, on Darkfall, EQ2, SWG and every other big title you somehow think you are an authority on.

And your belief that Shadowbane was dead after your group left just because the first and only server you had the balls to begin to play (and not finish apparently) died is equally delusional. The most populated and competitive server in SB history that did not have the benefit of migrations to prop up population was Corruption ... the server your guild was very quickly burned off of.

Every SB server (and very likely this game will follow suit) eventually became stale once the server forces shook out. That's what happens in any truly competitive war game. Checkers, chess, football, ... it doesn't matter. The game board has to be reset once the game is "won." And every server in SB was won at one time or another, followed by stagnation.

So, ya. I think your vision may be compromised by that giant head of yours. I believe the official diagnosis is called a delusion of grandeur: 

They did miss out on them... they literally have no success in other pvp mmos...  i know you have delusions of grandeur... like that somehow you know what you are talking about... the guy from dead sb... over the guy that has been cal-i, cevo-p, 2900 rated, diamond 1 etc etc...  Some of us adapted.. some of you sit there in the kiddy pool thinking it wasn't a kiddy pool.

omg dude, do you even know how the AA NA launch went? it was so horrific

and people that play arenas don't exactly get outnumbered.. so they wouldn't exactly complain about even numbers, would they? idk

i pray that no one will remember your name in the next game that comes out just like no one remembers u in this one

Hello A_nonfactor_03394 pleasure to meet you... trion made a boatload on AA NA launch... the demand for the game was huge... that's not horrific... now if you are crying about queue times and such, no big budget MMO ever has a completely smooth launch in that regard...

Edited by michaelflatley

The only way to win is to not play.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

They did miss out on them... they literally have no success in other pvp mmos...  i know you have delusions of grandeur... like that somehow you know what you are talking about... the guy from dead sb... over the guy that has been cal-i, cevo-p, 2900 rated, diamond 1 etc etc...  Some of us adapted.. some of you sit there in the kiddy pool thinking it wasn't a kiddy pool.

Ahh so you do know who Fugger is? Cool. You'd have to know who he is to know what games he's played. I know him too. He's a great player. He knows me too.

The one common theme in this thread seems to be that nobody, on the other hand, knows you.

But hey, you "adapted" after you "dominated" upon your nation being burned off a server. Sometimes adaptation requires you to turn tail and run. Grats on the adaptation.

Hello A_nonfactor_03394 pleasure to meet you... trion made a boatload on AA NA launch... the demand for the game was huge... that's not horrific... now if you are crying about queue times and such, no big budget MMO ever has a completely smooth launch in that regard...

no they made a but load on presales and beta, not launch. which in turn they messed up everyone that pledged money's 4 day head start and their donators loot for weeks. were you even there? jeez.

and it's easy to say you were cal-i, hell i was cal-i too B)

lemme guess u were a ret pally when burning crusade came out and PWNED EVERYONE? are you seriously gonna come here to an open world pvp game and claim glory upon a game that instances their pvp? r u serious.

Qk6jfUu.png

no they made a but load on presales and beta, not launch. which in turn they messed up everyone that pledged money's 4 day head start and their donators loot for weeks. were you even there? jeez.

and it's easy to say you were cal-i, hell i was cal-i too B)

lemme guess u were a ret pally when burning crusade came out and PWNED EVERYONE? are you seriously gonna come here to an open world pvp game and claim glory upon a game that instances their pvp? r u serious.

No i'm the guy that was in the most dominant pvp guild in shadowbane 10v100 everyone dominating every fight night, dominating beta, dominating launch. 

You definitely weren't cal-i your lack of understanding of competitive play is already seeping through in the way you talk...

Assumptions are all well and good... but have you actually ever done well in a pvp mmo that wasn't dead when you played? 

Ahh so you do know who Fugger is? Cool. You'd have to know who he is to know what games he's played. I know him too. He's a great player. He knows me too.

The one common theme in this thread seems to be that nobody, on the other hand, knows you.

But hey, you "adapted" after you "dominated" upon your nation being burned off a server. Sometimes adaptation requires you to turn tail and run. Grats on the adaptation.

No idea who fugger is, which doesn't surprise me, cause he doesn't seem to be from beta/launch era... he doesn't know much about early SB at all...

Edited by michaelflatley

I think everyone that played SB when it was alive knows of r30s and nurfed... the fact that you don't...

Youre perfectly allowed to think that. Doesn't mean it's true--but if wow ratings are what make you feel fuzzy inside, you do you. Keep on believing your long-forgotten guild won SB dawg, I'm sure you're impressing somebody. Edited by drenath-x-
2eyfm20.jpg

Youre perfectly allowed to think that. Doesn't mean it's true--but if wow ratings are what make you feel fuzzy inside, you do you. Keep on believing your long-forgotten guild won SB dawg, I'm sure you're impressing somebody.

It's not about impressing, it's about fact... the fact is most of these players were nonfactors in sb when the game was alive, their claim to fame was after the game was dead...which is why they don't know their true place (way below guilds like mine which were the absolute pinnacle of sb pvp skill)

I resent michaelflatelys insistence on winning SB as I am obviously the actual best player here.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

It's not about impressing, it's about fact... the fact is most of these players were nonfactors in sb when the game was alive, their claim to fame was after the game was dead...which is why they don't know their true place (way below guilds like mine which were the absolute pinnacle of sb pvp skill)

Game didn't die after 3 months bro. Vengeance had 1500-2000 a night pops and the highest concentration of elite PvP guilds of any server and it didn't even come online til they had taken most of the others offline due to political stagnation.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to make sure we all know you're full of poorly made socks, though. Real class act y'got there.

2eyfm20.jpg

Game didn't die after 3 months bro. Vengeance had 1500-2000 a night pops and the highest concentration of elite PvP guilds of any server and it didn't even come online til they had taken most of the others offline due to political stagnation.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to make sure we all know you're full of ****, though. Real class act y'got there.

Game died after 1-2 years though bro.... nonfactors will be nonfactors... keep singing your song, look forward to your excuses when you get dominated in crowfall... maybe 8 years after crowfall dies you can play it and say you were there when it mattered as well.

I imagine just like all the other pretenders, you also have no success in any pvp mmo while it was alive right?  What a coincidence!

Edited by michaelflatley