Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

ACE needs to make a teaser/trailer

That will make more sense once it's closer to launch.

I'd agree more so that now is when you want something like this.  They are trying to raise funds and build hype.  The sooner something like this be made available the better.

With that said, they do have the Kickstarter video.  It's probably most similar to what you could consider a trailer/teaser.

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/1627974/video-502229-h264_high.mp4

[@--(o.O)@]

I'd agree more so that now is when you want something like this.  They are trying to raise funds and build hype.  The sooner something like this be made available the better.

With that said, they do have the Kickstarter video.  It's probably most similar to what you could consider a trailer/teaser.

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/1627974/video-502229-h264_high.mp4

They have a lot of existing video content.  I'd prefer any official teaser/trailer be actual in game footage.  People usually feel lied to if the "official" teaser/trailer is not real in game footage.

EDIT: That said, if they make a trailer clearly labeled Alpha or Pre-Alpha, fine.

Edited by yamix

Honestly I don't think they need a fancy trailer. At least not until the game is established and they're trying to sell an xpac or something.

They're much better putting out the real gameplay and development videos like they are now. What they're putting out right now is a good breath of fresh air and helps sell the vision of the game much better than a million dollar CGI trailer that has nothing to do with the game would.

Edited by Zybak

What they're putting out right now is a good breath of fresh air and helps sell the vision of the game much better than a million dollar CGI trailer that has nothing to do with the game would.

Never thought of CGI, considering their budget. What they're doing now is making videos that only crowfall followers would see.

Basically: DEVs speaking about something while showing game content on the screen.

The general audience likes teasers and trailers where they don't have to listen to someone explaining X specific mechanic.

So yea, I'd settle for a video with a collage of gameplay and some text + effects... or even something in the form of their old teaser (previous post).

y9tj8G5.png

Seems like it would be simple enough, just grab a bunch of the archived streamer vids and put something together. They just hired that video guy so put him to work.

better to stage some stuff and record it from 3 different angles...

The kickstarter video was the teaser trailer. We won't have a good luck at what the game will look like "finished" until this time next year at least. Do we really want to show a video saying "Dec 2016" and it shows 3 characters punching each other in a white world?

Their budget is very focused at the moment. I'd rather them use the funds that they are getting from backers to focus on the game and wait until later stages of development to worry about trailers. The community itself is doing just fine getting the word out at this stage.

9e58b2ae2f9ac9f2904b5d4c33b609bb92d1a174

"Sharp alone, deadly together."

This kind of unpolished work isn't what you make trailers out of...

It might seem facinating to followers, but it's doesn't have any finished concepts to show. They are making dramatic changes at this stage, it makes no sense to advertise it when everything is incomplete and Guarenteed to changed.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

What goals will be achieved by that trailer ? I think right now, Crowfall is getting enough publicity from tests, videos on youtube and the streamers. Making a trailer will probably make literally no difference.   

Edited by rajah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj3jL5DxDjw

that's what I meant, it looks gorgeous and it's very cheap (ACE doesn't even have to pay Sean Bean to read it :lol: )

That teaser was just released yesterday for a game they plan to launch on the 17th. I don't see how that applies to CF at all. As others have said, the teaser videos will come closer to launch, when they actually have more game play to show. There are plenty of Hunger Dome videos already, and they will continue to be posted for each test.

If they were to make a video now, they would have to only show what they've built so far, which would give people the wrong impression of what CF is meant to be. Or they would have to waste time and money making a video that doesn't include game play, but shows more of what the game will be. In either case, I don't see the value in it. We're still more than a year from launch, assuming they even hit their projected launch date. Creating a teaser now makes little sense.

This is what I really like about ACE....

They aren't concerned with trailers, and they are focused on actually making a WORKING game, with all the FEATURES we want. There are some indie developers out there (won't name names) that use kick starter funding to come out with a new trailer EVERY month. They spend valuable time and resources on bullsh!t hype pieces, when they should be spending that money to finish the game. One company in particular seems to make a living on producing weekly behind the scenes videos that can last as long as an hour (sometimes longer). They even put together a Reality TV show (for YouTube). Every time I see some new video from them, all I can think is, "How much time and $$$ was lost producing this new puff piece, and they are no closer to finishing the game than they were 6 months earlier."

I for one, am HAPPY we aren't seeing these trailers from ACE (At least not yet). It shows they are taking care of investor money and staying true to their 2016 timeline (unlike some others out there). It shows that ACE is taking the development very serious, and are working hard to show actual results (like a working combat system). I say ACE should continue doing what they are doing. When E3 2016 rolls around, and things are still on schedule for a Holiday 2016 release, I say put out something then. The occasional Holiday "thank you" or monthly Q+A video is appropriate and reasonable.

Right now, it's important not to piss away resources on sh@t that means nothing. A working game with all the promised features is a far, far, better sales tool. :D

Edited by Gorath

Cp0geLN.png

A division of Gorath Industries, LLC