Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat Chat V - Official discussion thread

Does the pull problem maybe come from the fact that when you are testing it, the character being pulled is stationary, where as in the hunger dome the players are actually applying force to different directions (movement), which in turn messes with the direction and degree of force being applyed in the chain pull?

Lf6MJUL.png

http://www.legend-gaming.net

Pingu - Member

---------------------------"Winter is coming"---------------------------

Does the pull problem maybe come from the fact that when you are testing it, the character being pulled is stationary, where as in the hunger dome the players are actually applying force to different directions (movement), which in turn messes with the direction and degree of force being applyed in the chain pull?

Good theory but no, when testing I often ask others to come in and test various things (like movement). The big differential between internal tests and the live server is of course latency. 

This'll improve overtime so that things become more accurate! 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

I'd like to have heard tblair talk a bit about the state of combat with regards to the camera and why they should or shouldn't lock it... and also how he feels about how their animation locks are coming along.

this.

also still wtb FPV :P i know its not coming :(

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

Man I hate cliffhangers on the end. 

Anyway - I will change from Knight to Champion as he is one of my primary archetypes I chose. Great to test it out early and see if it fits or if it doesn't. But in general I will test all archetypes out so well... 

I would have hoped they talked about upcoming or possible technical things but well... I don't mind. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I was hoping they were going to talk about some of the more controversial things like animation speeds, camera control, and strafing. It's still pretty early and we haven't played many archetypes so I can see why they maybe wouldn't want to talk about that stuff yet.

I love the candor about how the streaming is working towards issue identification. It almost seems like this is an easier way of quickly resolving issues rather than sitting in a fish tank testing. More cost effective I would think as well. I wonder if there is some sort of a way to leverage that, put up your own streaming sub-channel somewhere for people to post test videos on to streamline your access?

I noticed when i watched some streams and vids, that people doesnt follow combos too much. Also they dont use some interesting skills during this combos, like rear kick on legionnaire.

Damn i cant wait for phase 2 .... :(