Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urahara

Large Castle - 3D Model is out

Not that I have seen but I might have missed it.  I did just realize that the Large Keep is what we played in during the Hunger Dome!  Very cool as that is smaller than the Large Castle from what I understand and it is rather large.

Kloke

Shadowbane / Server: War / Guild: DHL / Thief: Yin / Scout: Plexiglassdragon

Not that I have seen but I might have missed it.  I did just realize that the Large Keep is what we played in during the Hunger Dome!  Very cool as that is smaller than the Large Castle from what I understand and it is rather large.

Yes, thats correct.

You can see if there is a model for the KS Castle, if you go to the store and click on it.

2015 backers arent able to see that.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the point of the EKs? I understand that they're essentially player owned houses but you can only go to them when you're not in a campaign. 

I feel like everyone is always going to be in a campaign. Someone should enlighten me to why we should care about the EKs that I feel like nobody will ever use.

Always fighting permanently is gonna be a bit exhausting. You gonna want to pay them a visit maybe, for a bit of change and variety in gameplay.

Doing other stuff than just fighting all day.

Socializing, roleplay, maybe some Harvest Moon like gameplay.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the point of the EKs? I understand that they're essentially player owned houses but you can only go to them when you're not in a campaign. 

I feel like everyone is always going to be in a campaign. Someone should enlighten me to why we should care about the EKs that I feel like nobody will ever use.

I think they also said in one of the interviews a while ago that you will be able to go to your EK even when your toon is in a campaign, you just have different equipment on, and a different inventory than the toon in the campaign.  You also wont be able to bring anything in to or out of the campaign when you switch back and forth.

I am far too lazy to dig through the interviews for the source.  So if some young go getter is willing to do that I would appreciate it :D

I also may be out to lunch on this as well.  So if someone wants to prove me wrong too i'm cool with that.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

First, let me say that castle is impressive.  Second, Zybak I understand why you would be confused over EKs. Personally, I just don't think we know enough yet.  That being said, I am exactly the type of player who will spend some of his time on his/his guild's EK because that type of stuff is fun for me.  I've stated in other EK threads that I built up a couple of very decent housing plots in Wildstar. I get no real benefit from it, it is just a very cool and creative process.  I am not alone at in this.  CF is going to give me a kingdom and I, for one (and not alone) am going to use it.   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I am beyond excited to see this. Our guild has one in the works and we have waited so long to see what the actual layout will be. This is really great stuff! They out did themselves in my opinion!

9e58b2ae2f9ac9f2904b5d4c33b609bb92d1a174

"Sharp alone, deadly together."

Always fighting permanently is gonna be a bit exhausting. You gonna want to pay them a visit maybe, for a bit of change and variety in gameplay.

Doing other stuff than just fighting all day.

Socializing, roleplay, maybe some Harvest Moon like gameplay.

The campaigns aren't going to be constant fighting though. There's probably going to be a lot of RP and social interaction there. Maybe not so much RP but there's no way you could play a game like this without talking to other players.

You can go to EKs while you are in a campaign, but it's basically 2 different versions of yourself that won't have any influence on one another while you are in an active campaign. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I feel ya but it might be that we have to wait for the type of campaign we want to start. It'll be a place to plan start up strat for next campaign,  train, politcal maneuvering and get import gear stash crafted. Even tho I personally won't spend much time in the EK's, I don't mind because ACE is using the same parcels tech and art for the both campaigns and eternal kingdom. Only difference is the worlds will be parcels randomly mashed together in campaigns and in eternal kingdoms they can be manually placed and arranged by the owner.

There you can see there is rules in the administration of your Kingdom like "allow pvp" etc... (on the right) 

So could be a HUB for GvG training or tournaments and such....

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

I hope that most of the player's time will be spent in campaign worlds.

However, I do think the EKs are a savvy part of the business plan for the ongoing health of the game. Since the CWs will be a set time (3 months for example) and destructible (voxels), the EKs provide some of the permanence and persistence we like in MMOs. They can be the forever social hubs that serve as guild halls, rp taverns, merchant malls, fight clubs, and personal monuments of glory :). Selling parcels, buildings, and decor is a great source of revenue that doesn't mess up CW combat balance.

tiPrpwh.png

I suspect one or two EKs will rise out from the others and will become the equivalent of Orgrimmar/SW in terms of social hubs. As I understand it there will be a lot of trading/crafting going on outside of campaigns-especially for those campaigns which have liberal import rules. 

You yourself have said on many occasions that part of the appeal of WoW was hanging out in capital cities and seeing people with badass gear. I don't know if crowfall will have an equivalent 'peacock show' but it would probably benefit ACE to try and incorporate that. I personally would find it more dynamic if even the hardcore players had reason to spend maybe 5% in thriving trade hubs and 95% in campaigns. If the only time you see a notorious player is in combat, that would detract from the experience. Imagine the effect that would have had on raid or pvp guilds in wow if you literally never saw the best players on your server.