Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yamix

EK Import Rule Set

It might be interesting to have a ruleset where you can import EK tiles once you claim the land, but you risk losing them. (but huge rewards for winning).  The tech will already exist for moving parcels around to other EKs, and a campaign world is, technically, the same thing (from what I've understood ACE discuss), but "pay to win" would, of course, become a complication at this point.  Perhaps you can limit it to winnings from CW somehow, or maybe there is a better solution that someone can come up with.  

Alternatively, I suppose you could have a separate EK for this purpose on a guild level that can't use purchased parcels, and the entire EK is dropped into the generated world (would people sign up before hand?   Limited number of EKs allowed (so the generator can prep for them to be dropped in)?).  

There would be a lot to work out, but this could be very interesting down the road.

Edited by yamix

I think I'm understanding your post - you're saying that a fun idea would be to have a campaign world where the players could choose some land from their EK's and bring it into the CW.  They would risk losing the land and all that was on it but they could also win big.

I salute the outside of the box thinking but tbh I think this is a terrible idea. 

---The EK's are tied into the cash shop.  There has been a very specific approach of selling EK items in the cash shop and there's no way to separate out paytowin from your idea.

---Controlling imports and exports from the CW is the primary way that Crowfall is balancing risk vs reward. 

To be able to import anything from the EK into the CW there needs to be a uniformity of imports.  For example, everyone can wear gear, or everyone goes in commando, or everyone can wear armor but no weapons, or everyone can bring in 5 stacks of resources etc.  Everyone starts on a level playing field.  With your idea anything goes as far as what people can bring in.  A castle for one person (because they bought it off the store) and a rock and some trees for another.  A hut with a chest of gear in it for one person and a fully furnished fort with weapons for 40 guild members for another.

I'mma go with no on this one - not that it's an uncreative idea - but because it conflicts with too many of the basic precepts of the game.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I think I'm understanding your post - you're saying that a fun idea would be to have a campaign world where the players could choose some land from their EK's and bring it into the CW.  They would risk losing the land and all that was on it but they could also win big.

I salute the outside of the box thinking but tbh I think this is a terrible idea. 

---The EK's are tied into the cash shop.  There has been a very specific approach of selling EK items in the cash shop and there's no way to separate out paytowin from your idea.

---Controlling imports and exports from the CW is the primary way that Crowfall is balancing risk vs reward. 

To be able to import anything from the EK into the CW there needs to be a uniformity of imports.  For example, everyone can wear gear, or everyone goes in commando, or everyone can wear armor but no weapons, or everyone can bring in 5 stacks of resources etc.  Everyone starts on a level playing field.  With your idea anything goes as far as what people can bring in.  A castle for one person (because they bought it off the store) and a rock and some trees for another.  A hut with a chest of gear in it for one person and a fully furnished fort with weapons for 40 guild members for another.

I'mma go with no on this one - not that it's an uncreative idea - but because it conflicts with too many of the basic precepts of the game.

As I mention in the original post, store bought buildings wouldn't be allowed, only those made with materials, and it may require a separate guild EK to make work (one in which no store bought things are allowed). Could still be import restrictions on building types. It is a bit out there, though and may be hard to implement.

As I mention in the original post, store bought buildings wouldn't be allowed, only those made with materials, and it may require a separate guild EK to make work (one in which no store bought things are allowed). Could still be import restrictions on building types. It is a bit out there, though and may be hard to implement.

I don't see the problem that causes us to need to dissalow store-bought items. It would likely be a given that there is only so much value a single piece of important land could have, so even if a player intensely spent money to keep building EK stuff, he would only be able to play more, not better.

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

There's really no limit to how hardcore or easy you can make campaigns. There's no reason to prevent one type of campaign for the sake of another.

The problem with this idea is that it introduces a direct "Uncle Bob" scenario where large, established guilds can import powerful items and artifacts as well as gear for their vast numbers and they're basically guaranteed to win from the beginning of the world.

There's really no way to balance this and still provide "great rewards."

Maybe if you presented this as a guild vs guild match with no export rules and the only reward would be a title or a trophy...that might make it worth considering. 

There's really no limit to how hardcore or easy you can make campaigns. There's no reason to prevent one type of campaign for the sake of another.

The problem with this idea is that it introduces a direct "Uncle Bob" scenario where large, established guilds can import powerful items and artifacts as well as gear for their vast numbers and they're basically guaranteed to win from the beginning of the world.

There's really no way to balance this and still provide "great rewards."

Maybe if you presented this as a guild vs guild match with no export rules and the only reward would be a title or a trophy...that might make it worth considering.

Any use of the EK beyond being shiny introduces a level of Uncle Bob, it's a matter of keeping it manageable.