Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sciocco

RIP Frostweaver

All archetypes can wear all types of armor.

TiL

i guess "heavier" armor will "slow" you down? or do they bring different types of attributes? (for example: only cloth would have "spellpower" so in the end it would be the only "viable" choice for caster)

6XZoThV.jpg

TiL

i guess "heavier" armor will "slow" you down? or do they bring different types of attributes? (for example: only cloth would have "spellpower" so in the end it would be the only "viable" choice for caster)

Right, that's sort of the dilemma some of the classes (especially melee classes) have regarding armor. The tradeoff between resistances and mobility may end up getting them killed, as mobility seems to act as a multiplier of the effectiveness of both mitigations and healing.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Right, that's sort of the dilemma some of the classes (especially melee classes) have regarding armor. The tradeoff between resistances and mobility may end up getting them killed, as mobility seems to act as a multiplier of the effectiveness of both mitigations and healing.

i guess you have played some alpha (judging from your "testers" label), would you say that the "dilemma" you described makes experimentation almost impossible from the getgo? or is it "only" a problem for melee classes?

have you seen, for example, a confessor (who would normally be a "cloth class", right?) wearing some plate stuff while actually doing "good"? 

or is it a system only working in theory

6XZoThV.jpg

have you seen, for example, a confessor (who would normally be a "cloth class", right?) wearing some plate stuff while actually doing "good"? 

or is it a system only working in theory

Plate added its slowing effects the last weekend, before that plate was just as fast but swapped physical mit for elemental mit.  Now plate is heavy and worse than a movement slow it saps stam real bad when using sprint, boost, charge, blink or any other movement power, like twice as much stam...  next is to see if increased stam pool and recovery, increased character mass, and armor familiarity plate run speed skills gain some of that mobility back.  Those skills will need some rework since they also recover attack damage that is no longer reduced by the heavier plate in this same patch.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Plate added its slowing effects the last weekend, before that plate was just as fast but swapped physical mit for elemental mit.  Now plate is heavy and worse than a movement slow it saps stam real bad when using sprint, boost, charge, blink or any other movement power, like twice as much stam...  next is to see if increased stam pool and recovery, increased character mass, and armor familiarity plate run speed skills gain some of that mobility back.  Those skills will need some rework since they also recover attack damage that is no longer reduced by the heavier plate in this same patch.

i guess we will have to wait until they did some finetuning

6XZoThV.jpg

I'd much rather plate armor reduce the range of movement skills (sort of like how your equipment load works in Dark Souls) than gimp stamina generation. It's something which is still being worked out iteration by iteration.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Yea, run my drood in full plate because blink, dbl blink...   now one blink is all my stam, not good, not slippery when piled on the slow movement.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I would tend to agree.  At the least, we know the Knight has Sentinel, so it seems reasonable to assume there will be many archetypes that work similarly.  I would expect ranger to be another.

Rangers get a melee, range and hybrid archetype's

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Yea, run my drood in full plate because blink, dbl blink...   now one blink is all my stam, not good, not slippery when piled on the slow movement.

Is the single blink as intended or is it a bug? I was able to double blink last weekend and a guildy was able to double blink a bit today, but I haven't been able to and now he is unable to (regardless of whats equipped and in the inventory).

Of the Hawk People

Also as things seem to becoming more Shadowbanish, think of it maybe as the old quad proc classes... Something like, frostweavers get self buffs to atk spd/atk dmg/durability/ etc. Weapons can be enchanted with a single "on hit proc effect" while frostweavers are one of the few if only class that can add a second proc effect... One of the most fun times I had in SB was running a class that didn't make a ton of sense and taking people completely by surprised with the high elf bladeweaver crusader who if lucky enough to quad proc would nuke people into the ground. Also let's not say the sky is falling until we get some hands on time eh?

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

13 hours ago, wargasmo said:

One of the most fun times I had in SB was running a class that didn't make a ton of sense and taking people completely by surprised with the high elf bladeweaver crusader who if lucky enough to quad proc would nuke people into the ground.

sooo WoW vanilla shaman?

i would like them to go the normal frostmage route tho, i just dig frostmages

6XZoThV.jpg

21 hours ago, elvo said:

sooo WoW vanilla shaman?

i would like them to go the normal frostmage route tho, i just dig frostmages

Kinda... Except it was such an odd build for Shadowbane because procs scaled off int and sword dmg scaled off str or dex based on which swords you were using... So you would literally run up and engage and be hitting ppl for like 5's and 10's and then all the sudden procs would start hitting for 1/4 to 1/2 their health.

I would like a frostmage style to be an option maybe with major disciplines to give the frostweavers more ranged abilities but I don't think I would like to see a ice clone of confessor.

Edited by wargasmo
Spelling

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

1 hour ago, wargasmo said:

I would like a frostmage style to be an option maybe with major disciplines to give the frostweavers more ranged abilities but I don't think I would like to see a ice clone of confessor.

fair enough, i guess with disciplines you can build every class unique anyways

6XZoThV.jpg

On 5/21/2017 at 5:44 PM, elvo said:

fair enough, i guess with disciplines you can build every class unique anyways

Also we completely forgot about frostweavers promo classes before we even get into disciplines. Should be easy to implement the melee focus, magic focus, and hybrid promo classes. :)

On 5/21/2017 at 3:48 PM, wargasmo said:

Kinda... Except it was such an odd build for Shadowbane because procs scaled off int and sword dmg scaled off str or dex based on which swords you were using... So you would literally run up and engage and be hitting ppl for like 5's and 10's and then all the sudden procs would start hitting for 1/4 to 1/2 their health.

I recall back when I played Archeage I did something to this general idea. Basically I took a warrior base, added on two magical classes, and used a staff as a weapon. The staves didn't give strength/dex but their actual DPS stat on the item was only marginally lower than their "real melee" counterparts, while staves/scepters were the only weapons that gave you "Magic Attack" as a base stat (Int existed and did add to the magic damage, but it was actually very small compared to just a flat Magic Attack.) so casters really had to either choose to just do utility spells or to run a ranged build with a staff.

I was bored one day and experimented. There was a mage skill that gave you a shield to absorb damage and negative effects, so I'd always have that up. I wore medium armor for moderate tankiness, statted myself only for physical damage stats on my armor but always had a staff as a weapon.

So the final result was I'd just charge onto someone with a gapcloser, beat them with my stick, and then if they ever tried to disengage I'd just unload all of my ranged damage spells on them. Alternatively I'd use the instant cast spells in melee range to burst. Since I had good physical stats and the DPS of weapons was "set" and then added on via Str/Dex, but Magic was mostly just influenced by Magic Attack, I ended up with a really interesting hybrid.

I'm pretty sure they've since added actual melee weapons with magic attack on them, obsidian weapons or something, but at the time it was off the wall and utterly ridiculous.

But it worked.

19 hours ago, Adumu said:

But it worked.

i guess you will be happy with crowfall, lots and lots of potential for stuff like that

6XZoThV.jpg

On 10/3/2015 at 10:16 AM, Sciocco said:

There's a stream interview someone did with Blair I believe and Blair referred to the Frostweaver as "magically melee casters".

RIP

I saw a YouTube Video that someone had called them a Magic Melee Caster, but this was not really credible in my opinion. The concept art that you see all indicates a ranged class.