Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sciocco

RIP Frostweaver

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Darkened said:

I saw a YouTube Video that someone had called them a Magic Melee Caster, but this was not really credible in my opinion. The concept art that you see all indicates a ranged class.

icon& weapons indicate range as well, TB´s comment was quite a while ago if im not mistaken

 


6XZoThV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, fellas, I'm still holding out (and hoping) for that magic melee caster. Mmmm, and frost element? Sounds like the class was made for me. Hoping for at least a discipline that lets it be so...


Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.8.2017 at 4:15 AM, Cerulean_Shaman said:

Sorry, fellas, I'm still holding out (and hoping) for that magic melee caster. Mmmm, and frost element? Sounds like the class was made for me. Hoping for at least a discipline that lets it be so...

even if the frostweaver is running a ranged weapon (which is very likely) its not out of the picture for us to have meele abilitys, frostnova, cone of cold and stuff like that


6XZoThV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would imagine this would be similar to a knight or myrmidon in the sense all the damage makes sense to come from skills and would be very mana conservative, there is literally so many options for this e.g. imbuing the weapon with an element or shifting between damage/healing buffs etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21.10.2017 at 10:57 PM, AlphariusNull said:

ooo melee caster sounds legit cant wait.
Image result for melee caster

dunno how that is relevant, none of them are meele casters if im not mistaken


6XZoThV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring on the melee. I for one want a magic hybrid melee class even if it won't be the perfect counter against confessor. And who knows, if you DO manage to close in on them, they're probably dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AXEL1973 said:

Bring on the melee. I for one want a magic hybrid melee class even if it won't be the perfect counter against confessor. And who knows, if you DO manage to close in on them, they're probably dead

i hope they make both styles viable, having a close combat "stance" for damage and range one for utility&CC sounds good imo


6XZoThV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2017 at 8:58 AM, elvo said:

i hope they make both styles viable, having a close combat "stance" for damage and range one for utility&CC sounds good imo

Well, what I was thinking was more of like FFXI red mage (if they were actually allowed to melee). Damage isn't their priority, but the longer they remain in combat the more the enfeeble their enemies. Stacking debuffs on attacks, negative auras, spells that maybe pop debuffs for damage or other effects (freeze). Kind of like a blizzard... won't kill you right away, but the longer you stay in...


Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.1.2018 at 4:43 AM, Cerulean_Shaman said:

Well, what I was thinking was more of like FFXI red mage (if they were actually allowed to melee). Damage isn't their priority, but the longer they remain in combat the more the enfeeble their enemies. Stacking debuffs on attacks, negative auras, spells that maybe pop debuffs for damage or other effects (freeze). Kind of like a blizzard... won't kill you right away, but the longer you stay in...

i dont like the idea of the frostweaver being a debuff-utility type of class but the idea of a slow debuff that increases over time the longer you can stay sound cool


6XZoThV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frosty stuff usually means frosty themed stuns or slows.  They could even do weird stuff like having frostweavers chill opponents and drastically increase the rate their food ticker goes down.  


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.1.2018 at 3:00 PM, VIKINGNAIL said:

I'd like to see a mid ranged character that uses a spear to have slightly longer reach than most melees, but not the range of a full on ranged class.

spears are for huntards, just saying


6XZoThV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...