Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Lifetime Subscription

murmillo

Hey

What are peoples opinion on Lifetime Subscriptions? 

I would actually like to see this, because for me personally there is nothing in the pledge packages that I really want, except the game itself, but I wouldn't mind supporting Crowfall even more, and a lifetime sub would be something that could potentially lure me to spend some extra coin. :)

Interested in hearing what people think about the idea.

Edited by murmillo

sure,

The monthly sub is around $15

The normal life expectancy of an MMO is around 8 years, give or take.

So a lifetime membership should then cost you $1440

That seems fair.

well I won't say anything against it as the kickstarter packages offered a very good amount of VIP subscription tickets already so I see no real obstacle. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Amber gets 6 years VIP so above must be insane

Amber KS packages and up give 6 years. And that's where it caps.

I doubt they'll do a lifetime sub, because the game doesn't actually require a subscription. The VIP is optional. And also, I feel like they are leaning towards wanting us to trade VIP for stuff. Something akin to Gems or PLEX or any other real life currency exchange. 

OS_Sig3.png

Unlike PLEX in Eve; where you need it to play the game, or APEX from Archeage; where you need it to own property and gain more labour. VIP only really gives you two more passive character training slots and priority access to the servers... So, it's not as important since I would assume after a year or two, you won't even need those two extra passive training slots. 

Its not necessary at all.

Crowfall is a Buy-to-play game, no subscription required.

People who like an MMO and the people behind it, will continue to support it as long and much as they see it fit.

You wont be hindered or anything to continue to support the game or better said the company during the years.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Ahh ye, good points.

I wouldn't have enough money for Amber anyway, I was thinking in the price range of 150-200 bucks, but that would of course take value away from high end backers, which is not what I wanted.

I think I might just buy a mount skin to further support crowfall.  :)

Also keep in mind that the VIP tickets are tradable in game. A lot of Kickstarter people are probably going to cash out a bunch of their VIP tickets.

I'm definitely against a lifetime sub though. It puts the developers in a weird situation and I doubt too many people would want to pay a fair price for a lifetime sub. 

Also keep in mind that the VIP tickets are tradable in game. A lot of Kickstarter people are probably going to cash out a bunch of their VIP tickets.

I'm definitely against a lifetime sub though. It puts the developers in a weird situation and I doubt too many people would want to pay a fair price for a lifetime sub. 

In general, I agree with this. Keep in mind that they have castles on sale in the shop for hundreds of dollars. Lifetime sub would at least have to match the value of what the upper end Kickstarter packages were worth and since tokens are trade-able items, there's no way to quantify "lifetime."

If they wanted to sell individual permanent training slots, I'd be okay with that but, I feel like the max of 3 should be upheld.

Ahh ye, good points.

I wouldn't have enough money for Amber anyway, I was thinking in the price range of 150-200 bucks, but that would of course take value away from high end backers, which is not what I wanted.

I think I might just buy a mount skin to further support crowfall.  :)

Dont forget that you will be able to buy three additional character slots per account. This should be very important to get, so you should consider buying a character slot maybe.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.