Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest The_Last_Ranger

Old SWG Vet

Guest The_Last_Ranger

So, I haven't played another MMORPG since SWG. Will this game be anything like that?

-The Last Ranger

The awesome freedom of a skill only system isn't here. They will have lots of character building options though like discipline and promotions.

Also like Raven said this is focused heavily on PvP with the Campaign Worlds sitting in the center of it all. In these CWs crafters and other support roles will be there too. If you are interested in a very structured PvP experice and don't care for the politics stick with God's Reach.

However there us a complementary side to the CW which are called Eternal Kingdoms. Everyone gets one, can open it to the public and develop it as they please. They will feel more like the SWG planets with Mobs, resources, player housing, markets, crafting station, etc.

We'll be limited to basic types of resources we can harvest/mine/gather. The rest come from CWs.

In the end like SWG it will be a much more enjoyable experience of you group up and find like mind people to play with :)

So, I haven't played another MMORPG since SWG. Will this game be anything like that?

-The Last Ranger

​Hi, not quite like it. Simply put: Crowfall is based on compartmentalization of gameplay by isolating playstyles, difficulties and persistence into so called Campaigns (temporary worlds with different rulesets). The only permanent "worlds" will be Eternal Kingoms, which are essentially player or guild owned instances, while the actual combat and ressource acquisition happens in temporary campaigns with varying degrees of difficulty stretching from a few weeks to several months. The character progression made during these campaigns is permanent and the ressources you've won / gathered are exported into your EK depending on the campaign you've participated in. I've made an info chart few days ago for newcomers, check the spoiler tag.

RuzFgMs.jpg

RuzFgMs.jpg

Nice graph you made there Qbs! Just two corrections:

1. God's Reach has 3 factions (Order, Chaos & Balance) while The Infected has 12, 1 for each god in Crowfall.
  2. The actual size of "ball required" for all Campaign Worlds is, None. This is a video game where there no real loss since it's an entertainment service. There is no opportunity for courage or bravery being that it is all virtual and in the end inconsequential to real life. However, I know some like to flaunt their "e-Nuts" so maybe put an asterisk with a note at the bottom for people to insert their own size value of their self ingratiating descriptor...Mine will be orbiting planetoids

Just because there are no "real" consequences in gaming does not mean that different levels of risk aversion don't come into play. Some EVE players live in 0.0 while others never leave high sec; you can't explain that disparity without recognizing that some players play more boldly than others.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully