Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiskorD

Prepare for Crowfall with another Game

Dear pre-Alphas and Alpharettes

What other game comes close in terms of combat?

Since i want to prepare and get my skills up, i would love to train with some other game.

Cheers

Dear pre-Alphas and Alpharettes

What other game comes close in terms of combat?

Since i want to prepare and get my skills up, i would love to train with some other game.

Cheers

They are striving to be similar to tera...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

C&C Renegade X

Its not the same type of genre. But it gives you a plan or idea of how playing on a siege/besiegement and coordinating with others, supportive play and all such things.

The game is totally for free, being a community based, fan-made game.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8531-check-out-cc-renegade-x-the-better-planetside-2/

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Well thank you headlight but i disagree, "what are you playing (now)" is clearly not the same topic as "what are you playing to prepare yourself for crowfall".

Now, i'm off to try out the three suggestions i got :D

cheers

I actually haven't played a game that uses CF combat.  It seems to be trying to mix what DCUO is (for the character movement and camera controls) with games that use manual aiming. 

Personally, I don't think it is a good mix.  DCUO controls work for DCUO because it isn't a manual-aiming game; even if arguably it is a pseudo-action game, in the end it is tab targeting.

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

In my experience it's actually better to play games that are radically different than the game you're preparing for. It'll put you in a different mindset than the typical MMO way of thinking.

Play an FPS game, RTS game, or something like that. You'll come back to Crowfall with a different perspective that you didn't have before.

Im playing Nosgoth, which is 3rd person deathmatch game humans(ranged) vs vampires(melee). vampire melee is nice compared to most MMOs cause they have a forward momentum with their attacks that helps them stick to the target if they aim it properly.

In my experience it's actually better to play games that are radically different than the game you're preparing for. It'll put you in a different mindset than the typical MMO way of thinking.

Play an FPS game, RTS game, or something like that. You'll come back to Crowfall with a different perspective that you didn't have before.

Totally agrreing to Zybak because CF is not your typical MMO.

But if you really want to practice making some good builds I'd recommand Guildwars 2.

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Tera is probably the closest combat-wise, but its a PVE focused - Holy Trinity game so I doubt it will be all that helpful. Smite is probably the closest RPG style game, while FPS will use some similar skillsets like aiming and situational awareness.

That said, individual skill can only go so far in an open world pvp game.

1) It is unlikely that all archetypes will be balanced against each other, so even if you are an amazing player you can still get hard countered.

2) Open-World pvp involves a lot of zerg vs zerg where individual skill is not actually that important. Working together as a cohesive unit and leading / following instructions matters a lot more. Being a great individual player doesn't matter if you are chain-CC'd and insta-gibbed.

The game that probably will be the closest to zerging in CF at the moment is GW2 WvW. Playing in T1 or T2 there would probably be the best prep you can do, but I doubt many here want to do that :).